• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those banging the table for a RB at 13

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to be a smart ass and simply say

No we dont, we resigned Taylor and brought in whats his name.

Reality is, this team has needs all over.

Do we need a RB??? Yep
Do we need s Safety?? Need is a strong word, but we might could use an extra one
Do we need a WR?? Probably
And yes we likely need another O-lineman

But our biggest need that might actually present the best value at 13, will probably be an interior D-lineman unless both Vea and Payne are off the board.

I will point out that when the 3rd round comes around, and the Chiefs are on the clock with our pick, I think quit a few people are going to be quietly miffed at the RBs and D-line that are still on the board that we wont have a chance at selecting.

Get over it already. The trade was made & you can't undo it. Only thing we should focus on is what selections are made w/ the picks that they have. Folks are going to drive themselves crazy if you keep playing this "woulda, shoulda" game. Let's hope that they pickup a good lineman or two & perhaps a RB. Should be interesting.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just flat out stupid. Trading up for Guice? LOL.

I think he means keeping our #13 and trading either up in the 2nd round or back into the late 1st to get Guice.

Wouldnt be surprised at all to see that happen

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valuing RBs never left. Teams just aren’t willing to pay and force the issue like they used to. They are not and will never be valued like they were. Us needing a RB had no bearing on the NFL valuing the position.

The NFL is not cyclical. There are fads and there are e run and shoot was a fad. The WCO was an innovation and changed the game. The game has turned into a passing league because the rules have set it up to be one.

I love Marshall Faulk but the team was centered around passing and Kurt Warner. I also liked Dillon but it was Brady’s offense. Dillon had 75 yards rushing buddy. Brady threw for 240 and two scores.

There is a difference in not signing KC and not signing Bell. Bell is the best at his position.

I don’t dismiss it. But guys like Bortles, Tannehill, and Brock Osweiller throw it a ton.

Cyclical vs reoccurring fads... whats the difference?

Marshall Faulk had over 2300 yards in 1999. Rams offense was elite with insane weapons Bruce, Holt, Proehl, Hakim, and Faulk but again Faulk had over 2300 yards and 12 TDs that season
Corey Dillon rushed for over 1600 yards that season and he had over 100 yards rushing/receiving and a TD in the SB.

Debatable. I think Mccoy is the best RB in the NFL despite what numbers may say. Regardless the Steelers are committing to $15 million in cap this season to a RB when they have some holes to fill with a window that is rapidly closing.

You have to pass in the NFL to win, you also have to run. Skins do not run well in situations that call for runs. Pass happy teams like the Pats are still effective when they have to run the ball.

This isnt going to cut it (I've seen a ton of other examples of just this/ this is a 30-50 yard run and for a more qualified NFL rb with any semblance of explosion this is a TD)
2mcvus1.jpg
[/IMG]
2mcvus1.jpg

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it already. The trade was made & you can't undo it. Only thing we should focus on is what selections are made w/ the picks that they have. Folks are going to drive themselves crazy if you keep playing this "woulda, shoulda" game. Let's hope that they pickup a good lineman or two & perhaps a RB. Should be interesting.

Ah yes, because the what ifs and woulda shoulda couldas only started popping into the conversation AFTER they made the Smith trade.

I agree it should be interesting, but half of what people do on forums like this is say... well what they SHOULD have done was this. And lets not pretend we havent had a massive amount of out right we shouldnt have done this over the past few seasons in reference to other players we have drafted or signed.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They take who they take at 13. It will be the pick and he'll wear burgundy and gold and I'll root for him. No one can predict anything on draft day (Allen falling to Skins last year) waste of your time and blood pressure medicine to predict and pontificate over anything about the draft.

HTTR :suds:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, because the what ifs and woulda shoulda couldas only started popping into the conversation AFTER they made the Smith trade.

I agree it should be interesting, but half of what people do on forums like this is say... well what they SHOULD have done was this. And lets not pretend we havent had a massive amount of out right we shouldnt have done this over the past few seasons in reference to other players we have drafted or signed.

Fair enough - I just don't think it is worth getting all spun up over this & I believe that we have pretty much exhausted this topic. How much longer are we going to beat this dead horse? I also don't believe that there are as many supposed Cousins haters as you appear to portray. I just think that a lot of folks wanted him here long term (perhaps disagreeing on how much he should make), but honestly what are you going to do once he is gone? Are we going to bitch forever about "We shoulda kept Kirk" or "that trade was awful"? Sooner or later you have to put it in the rearview mirror.

My only hope is for a decent draft whether it is overseen by Allen or whoever. HTTR

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Guice on GMFB this morning, it was an impressive interview imo. I’d be quite happy with Cooley scenario of Payne and Guice.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They take who they take at 13. It will be the pick and he'll wear burgundy and gold and I'll root for him. No one can predict anything on draft day (Allen falling to Skins last year) waste of your time and blood pressure medicine to predict and pontificate over anything about the draft.

HTTR :suds:
But it sure is fun.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whenever I see folks making pre-draft predictions I think of views like the one shown in this clip from the 1983 NFL Draft (that was the greatest QB draft ever & produced numerous HOF'ers).

It just shows that these so called experts were as moronic as the current so called media experts. Check out some of these guys shaking their heads & second guessing drafting Marino with the 27th pick. Dan Marino! I also love how they briefly mention the "sleeper" pick of Darrell Green. Just classic.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why have a redskins forum if you arent predicting , debating , getting spun up and any other thing associated with talking about the team ?

isnt that what we are here for ?

the KC/CDC debate will continue for a long time , allen loving and bashing will continue for a long time , loving or hating the draft will happen for a long time

i am not sure what you are wanting ? this is what we have the forum for

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why have a redskins forum if you arent predicting , debating , getting spun up and any other thing associated with talking about the team ?

isnt that what we are here for ?

the KC/CDC debate will continue for a long time , allen loving and bashing will continue for a long time , loving or hating the draft will happen for a long time

i am not sure what you are wanting ? this is what we have the forum for

I have no problem & understand that. I just don't understand whining non-stop @ Cousins well after he is gone & simply focusing on what will occur moving fwd. Oh well - folks can bitch about this forever if they like - I will focus on the future. NP.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem & understand that. I just don't understand whining non-stop @ Cousins well after he is gone & simply focusing on what will occur moving fwd. Oh well - folks can bitch about this forever if they like - I will focus on the future. NP.

What you are calling whining, is more like setting an equal standard. We had three years of people outright or not so outright whining about Cousins getting the starting job to begin with. The standard for him to keep the job was set. MAybe its the old guy in us, maybe its the military mindset, or a mixture of both. But I think Skinsdad is not seeing a reason to lower the standard or bar that has been set over the past three years now that Cousins is gone. And I tend to agree. So its not so much whining as accepting that the party line has been, we would get better at QB by moving away from Cousins. Well now we want to see better. Because as mentioned elsewhere, if the team does well, you can bet the farm a few posters will be screaming I told you so to the rafters. After all, its not like we are holding Smith to some standard we had set for a guy who hasnt been with the team in two years.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are calling whining, is more like setting an equal standard. We had three years of people outright or not so outright whining about Cousins getting the starting job to begin with. The standard for him to keep the job was set. MAybe its the old guy in us, maybe its the military mindset, or a mixture of both. But I think Skinsdad is not seeing a reason to lower the standard or bar that has been set over the past three years now that Cousins is gone. And I tend to agree. So its not so much whining as accepting that the party line has been, we would get better at QB by moving away from Cousins. Well now we want to see better. Because as mentioned elsewhere, if the team does well, you can bet the farm a few posters will be screaming I told you so to the rafters. After all, its not like we are holding Smith to some standard we had set for a guy who hasnt been with the team in two years.

NP - I am going to refrain from similar replies since we are going in circles. I can't speak for anyone else but again I am not comparing Smith to any previous QBs - just hoping that he does well enough to win a decent amt of games. We will see. Personally - Cousins & RG3 are in the rear view mirror for me. Neither are Redskins so I basically don't care about them. If others do - great.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the Skins don't need a RB after all. Fat Rob may be the anti-Samson. Perhaps cutting his hair will make him way better. j/k.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem to misunderstand what the complaints are about. Yes, we mishandled the KC situation from the beginning; however, the complaints come in the trade for Alex Smith. Alex Smith the FA would be getting far less complaints.

Choices-

1- you have KC, plus Kendall Fuller, plus your third round pick for 5 million more cap dollars per season.

2- you have Alex Smith, no third rounder, and how much do you think an equal cap figure is for the top slot corner in the NFL...but you save five million at the QB position plus add the difference between Fuller and an equal replacement

3- get a cheap FA such as Teddy Bridgewater saving a lot against the cap, keep Fuller, and your third. Remember, the argument was always KC isn’t worth the price and we can’t sign other players.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It undermines nothing. We have one true starter on the DL, Allen.

Huh? I am stating that they need to draft another D lineman. I am just saying that add another quality lineman & having a healthy Allen will make the defense much better. Is there a problem in stating that?

Whoops - my bad - I used the word incorrectly. I meant to say that it just makes it advisable to draft DL in the draft.