• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida State forms a committee

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat Wake 27-6 that year at their house. That same Wake team won 30-0 in Tallahassee the same said year.

Why are you bringing up FSU? I never said that FSU was better. Va Tech may have beat Wake, but Wake still won the ACC and was ranked higher in the AP at the end of the year.

Has VT been a major face in the ACC? Yes. Has it been the major face for the past 7 years? No.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you bringing up FSU? I never said that FSU was better. Va Tech may have beat Wake, but Wake still won the ACC and was ranked higher in the AP at the end of the year.

Has VT been a major face in the ACC? Yes. Has it been the major face for the past 7 years? No.

If VT has not been the major face of the ACC the past 7 years, who the hell has? VT has four conference titles, one more than the rest of the league combined. VT is the only team to win a BCS bowl in that time as well.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If VT has not been the major face of the ACC the past 7 years, who the hell has? VT has four conference titles, one more than the rest of the league combined. VT is the only team to win a BCS bowl in that time as well.

If you are taking the past 7 years as a whole, then yes, VT was the face.

If you are taking each year individually over the past 7 years, Ga Tech was it for 1 year and Wake another.

I guess it just comes down to how you interpret it.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are taking the past 7 years as a whole, then yes, VT was the face.

If you are taking each year individually over the past 7 years, Ga Tech was it for 1 year and Wake another.

I guess it just comes down to how you interpret it.

That's what I meant. You'll get no argument from me that FSU and UM have us beat hands down in overall tradition and success. But I don't think anybody will argue that VT hasn't been the cream of the league since expansion.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a smart dude youre pretty stoopid. you do realize tv money is the cash cow in cfb, right? and miami delivers there 10X what vt could ever dream. maybe why the acc wisely didnt want vt in the 1st place

Thanks to ACC Hokies for this graphic

6147462728_033c567a80_b.jpg

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I make the statement, VT has been the face of the conference since we joined, it kind of infers, I meant the overall face of the conference :L

As for the year that Wake was ranked ahead of us...by one spot.....wow......

The fact is VT was never wanted in the ACC, and has dominated the conference since joining. If we get a better offer, I would take it without thinking twice.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I meant. You'll get no argument from me that FSU and UM have us beat hands down in overall tradition and success. But I don't think anybody will argue that VT hasn't been the cream of the league since expansion.

Like I said, it all came down to interpretation. I wasn't looking at it as a whole. I agree, VT has pretty much dominated the ACC since expansion. Now it's FSU's turn to take it back. We were nice and let you have if for a while.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a smart dude youre pretty stoopid. you do realize tv money is the cash cow in cfb, right? and miami delivers there 10X what vt could ever dream. maybe why the acc wisely didnt want vt in the 1st place

I would like to see some proof of that. Miami is not Notre Dame. They fell off the map and do not have the national appeal to hold them afloat. This is why the Hokies are asked to play in things like the Chick fil A classic, and the season opener against Boise last year. This is why, if we are an also-ran in the ACC, we are immediately snatched up by the bowl with the first choice. Miami is not as impactful as you think they are. If you have some numbers to prove me wrong, and show Miami being "10x as much of a draw" as the Hokies, I will happily concede your point.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I make the statement, VT has been the face of the conference since we joined, it kind of infers, I meant the overall face of the conference :L

As for the year that Wake was ranked ahead of us...by one spot.....wow......

The fact is VT was never wanted in the ACC, and has dominated the conference since joining. If we get a better offer, I would take it without thinking twice.

But I took it that you meant you were continiously the face of the conference. Again, interpretation.

They were still ranked above you, which went against what you said.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to ACC Hokies for this graphic

6147462728_033c567a80_b.jpg

what a shitty graphic. I cAn put my dog taking a shit on TV or the internet, doent mean it will generate viewership. UM does (= $) VT doesnt. 2 of espns 3 top viewed regulAr season games involved the cAnes....and they hAd more views thAn VTs poorly rAted BCS bowls

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a shitty graphic. I cAn put my dog taking a shit on TV or the internet, doent mean it will generate viewership. UM does (= $) VT doesnt. 2 of espns 3 top viewed regulAr season games involved the cAnes....and they hAd more views thAn VTs poorly rAted BCS bowls

Reference?

Are you speaking of the game where the Buckeyes carried you, or the one where your rival carried you. Miami simply does not draw as much as you think they do.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cAn put my dog taking a shit on TV or the internet, doent mean it will generate viewership.

[YOUTUBE]-IrlhLF1c3k[/YOUTUBE]

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, VT hasn't exactly drawn national names in BCS bowls with Kansas and Cincy. Big deal. So you're telling me you'd rather have a few more people watch you go 6-6, 7-5 every year versus having a few less people watch you win 10 games seven straight seasons?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reference?

Are you speaking of the game where the Buckeyes carried you, or the one where your rival carried you. Miami simply does not draw as much as you think they do.

on tv they do. most likely becAuse most wAnt to wAtch them lose? either wAy, A much bigger drAw thAn VT.

PS: how mAny NCs you guys got? pretty sure 2 teAms in the ACC from floridA hAve more now thAn VT will ever hAve. keep cArrying thAt flAg, tho

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on tv they do. most likely becAuse most wAnt to wAtch them lose? either wAy, A much bigger drAw thAn VT.

PS: how mAny NCs you guys got? pretty sure 2 teAms in the ACC from floridA hAve more now thAn VT will ever hAve. keep cArrying thAt flAg, tho

Army's got one too while we're talking about ancient history. :brick: