• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida AD Says They Would Schedule UCF "In The Right Situation"

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right situation is now. I mean, at some point he's going to want to regain that "top team in Florida" bragging ... right?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both sides to the argument. Basketball you get to play a bajillion games. I know the announcement of OU however many years ago excited the fuck out of me :D

That is true that there's more games, but wouldn't it be better if you didn't have to wait so long to play OU again?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are willing to wait, but we keep getting told that we don't schedule tough enough P5 teams, yet when we reach out to those tougher P5 teams, we get told no. So what does everyone expect the program to do?

Get told no to what...scheduling a home and home. LOL, sorry your two good seasons don't get the A-listers to forget that you are 3 years removed from going 0-12. I would be upset if we scheduled a home and home with UCF...just like I would be if we scheduled Duke or Louisville to a home and home. I would be happy to see you guys in a one off season opener.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get told no to what...scheduling a home and home. LOL, sorry your two good seasons don't get the A-listers to forget that you are 3 years removed from going 0-12. I would be upset if we scheduled a home and home with UCF...just like I would be if we scheduled Duke or Louisville to a home and home. I would be happy to see you guys in a one off season opener.
Hit this right on the nose.

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Mizzou has the same stature as Florida but we did schedule a home and home recently played against UCF and got to beat them in our house and again at their Section 8 stadium.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny you call our “pathetic” when it’s featured a Lot more good opponents than yours has.

Maybe in the 1970's and 80's it did. Since then your OOC has been mostly FSU and three nobodies

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Mizzou has the same stature as Florida but we did schedule a home and home recently played against UCF and got to beat them in our house and again at their Section 8 stadium.
Even Missouri is getting in on the convo. Now it’s a party.:pop2:

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is another of UCF's issues, i constantly hear they want home and homes... which they wont get til they can demand it with more than a tantrum but actual long term history of success.

You Uncle Rico’s hang your hat on history. Let me reveal a little secret to you.

America is the Best Country because we are the oldest or won the most wars. We are in UCFact one of the youngest. UCF is America. We are the Best

Your history doesn’t mean shit, Uncle Rico.

#UCFacts

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Uncle Rico’s hang your hat on history. Let me reveal a little secret to you.

America is the Best Country because we are the oldest or won the most wars. We are in UCFact one of the youngest. UCF is America. We are the Best

Your history doesn’t mean shit, Uncle Rico.

#UCFacts
Repeating your same BS isnt going to change the minds of anybody, let alone EVERYBODY who matters.

Your retarded argument about America doesnt translate to sports.. how pathetic can you get... something tells me you can get more pathetic.

Hashtag Real Facts

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your team, Boise State, played a lot of one off games at more established schools, and didn't demand a home and home, and now your team is much more recognized and respected. A quick review back reveals Washington and Wisconsin are just 2 among many that your team played about 15-20 years ago, without getting a return game. In other words, your team did it the way it's nearly always done, and I don't remember Boise State officials, or even fans, complaining about it.

Boise St did try to demand home and homes and turned down many offers that weren't.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#UCFarts #SmellBad

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange how Clemson plays an eight game conference schedule just like UF and somehow manages to play South Carolina and another P5 team in home and homes.

Playing South Carolina isn't exactly the same as playing FSU every year OOC most of the time.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise had the nuts to find teams willing to play them in a neutral site. Boise took action and gained respect by scheduling tough OOC and not saying, “we’ll only play if you give us a home and home” then crying when teams don’t think that is a fair shake to play in their 30k stadium. Why should a major school lose a major pay day to play a team in a small conference when there is zero incentive?

When Boise got itself into position to be the force that it was, people became willing because there was a benefit of going play there. UCF has not done the leg work. Even beating LSU still will not get them on that same peg Boise was because they refuse to schedule relevant programs and play them on the road.

Boise St did demand home and homes, they would only take neutral sites.

Nebraska Offers Boise State Two-for-One Deal: Why Won't BSU Accept?

For example, Nebraska offered Boise St a 2 for 1 deal, and Boise St wouldn't take less than a home and home.

They've gotten some home and homes lately, but everyone saying Boise St didn't try to pull a bunch of bullshit is wrong.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9rk17b.jpg

#UCFacts

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing working in UCF's favor vs other mid-major schools is that they have a decent-sized stadium - 44,000. Not big enough for a one-and-one vs the schools that seat 70,000+; but large enough for a 2-1 against some of those schools or a home-and-home with those in the 60,000 & below range.

Not sure why the size of UCF's stadium matters in terms of home and homes.

The way home and homes work is the home teams keep their revenue/profits usually. So when you are the away team, you don't get a paycheck that year. That is why Alabama likes neutral sites so much, you get paid for them every year.

Unless you are Boise St that people for some reason keep sucking off in this thread. They would demand the home team also give them lots of cash for the game on top of the home and home.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in the 1970's and 80's it did. Since then your OOC has been mostly FSU and three nobodies

You realize fsu finished in the top 5 every year for 14 years in a row starting in 1987 right? We played them all that time. That's 14 games against a top 5 not even counting they won a national title in 2013 and all the other times they've finished ranked since then. Next season will be our 5th scheduled game against miami in this century. Playing more different programs does not mean playing more tough opponents than playing the same program every year. In fact, I can guarantee you, its meant considerably easier OOC schedules for Clemson than UF has had.