• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida AD Says They Would Schedule UCF "In The Right Situation"

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF Fan Boy: "Power Five teams are afraid to play us. We beat them all the time. We would be a superpower if the big name teams ever bothered to play us."**

96 South Carolina, Georgia Tech
97 Ole Miss, South Carolina, Nebraska
98 Purdue, Auburn
99 Purdue, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn
00 Georgia Tech, Alabama, Virginia Tech
01 Clemson, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Arkansas
02 Penn State, Arizona State, Syracuse
03 Virginia Tech, Syracuse, West Virginia
04 Wisconsin, West Virginia, Penn State
05 South Carolina
06 Florida, Pitt
07 NC State, Texas, Mississippi State
08 Boston College, Miami
09 Miami, Texas, Rutgers
10 NC State, K-State, Georgia
11 Boston College
12 Ohio State, Missouri
13 Penn State, South Carolina, Louisville, Rutgers
14 Penn State, Missouri, NC State
15 Stanford, South Carolina
16 Michigan, Maryland
17 Maryland, Auburn

**UCF won 8 total games in this list of teams that are afraid to play them.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF Fan Boy: "Power Five teams are afraid to play us. We beat them all the time. We would be a superpower if the big name teams ever bothered to play us."**

98 Purdue, Auburn
05 South Carolina
06 Florida, Pitt
08 Boston College, Miami
09 Miami, Texas, Rutgers
11 Boston College
12 Ohio State, Missouri
16 Michigan, Maryland
17 Maryland, Auburn

They they want you to play them at their home instead of making 10-15 million for a home game they could host. No thanks, pack up your gear and play me at home. They may be a good team this year and last year, but it doesn’t mean anything in terms of longevity. And why am I going to schedule a team 2 years down the road who may or may not be a relevant program by then, on the road, and take a 9 million dollar paycut to do so? No thanks, I am good.

Huddie Leadbetter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's right here...

How Florida Was Ordered To Play Florida State

Even has the headline from the Democrat.

Newspaper headlines aside, the very article you linked (which I linked on page 5) clearly notes that the bill that would have made it a law failed by a vote of 19-15.

"House Bill 333, called for a state policy requiring athletic competition between Florida and Florida State in all sports.

Political debate now took over.

After days of concessions and alterations to the bill, it finally came to a vote.

Florida State supporters were now against the bill because of the changes that had been made to it and Florida supporters were never in favor of it in the first place.

The headlines of the Tallahassee Democrat the next day (April 28, 1955) told the story...

"FSU-UF Bill Defeated."
"Bid fails in Senate by 19-15 vote."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can order my children to cut the lawn but the best I can really do is hope that it happens. In the case of UF vs FSU, it happened, but it wasn't by legislature, the way some evidently do claim.

That obviously doesn't have anything to do with UCF, but if they are hoping state government will bend to their whining, then they'll be waiting a long time. There are now a heck of a lot of football playing programs in the state of Florida. If UCF were successful in forcing UF to play them, then USF, FAU, and perhaps others would be doing the same thing. UF is in a conference. They can't play every piddling college in the state and play a conference schedule too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beat that horse to death roll it over and beat it some more.

You sir, are a species-ist and are promoting anti-animal propaganda here. PETA insists that you use the term "Feeding a fed horse" so as to not be offensive and insensitive towards horses or any other animals who may be hurt by your hate speech.

Damn near got through that whole thing without laughing.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

98 Purdue, Auburn
05 South Carolina
06 Florida, Pitt
08 Boston College, Miami
09 Miami, Texas, Rutgers
11 Boston College
12 Ohio State, Missouri
16 Michigan, Maryland
17 Maryland, Auburn

*9. :)

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange how South Carolina has been nowhere near as good as fsu over the last 40 years. Tell ya what....I’m willing to compare the total number of OOC opponents UF played over the last 20-30-40 years which finished in the top 10 and the total number which finished ranked with Clemson’s numbers over that time. Deal?

So don't schedule another Top 10 team. Play a NC State, or a Purdue, or a Texas Tech level program.

Just off the top of my head I know of several top 10 OOC opponents we've played. Alabama in 2008. TCU in 2009. Auburn in 2010. South Carolina in 2011. South Carolina in 2012. South Carolina in 2013.

But I'm sure you'll come up with some other excuse for your pathetic OOC scheduling practices.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They they want you to play them at their home instead of making 10-15 million for a home game they could host. No thanks, pack up your gear and play me at home. They may be a good team this year and last year, but it doesn’t mean anything in terms of longevity. And why am I going to schedule a team 2 years down the road who may or may not be a relevant program by then, on the road, and take a 9 million dollar paycut to do so? No thanks, I am good.
You are absolutely correct in your logic. And, you may find out shortly how bad an idea it might be.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is just a few years past going 0-12. Real teams schedule years out and UCF would be considered a schedule filler. Hell at OU, they would've been a probable, not for prime time, pay per view team. There's no way OU would've given UCF a Home and Away. They haven't earned that right. They could easily be a 7-5 G5, does nothing for our schedule team next year. Or worse yet, 0-12 and kills our chances of getting in the playoffs.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely correct in your logic. And, you may find out shortly how bad an idea it might be.
No one will. UCF won’t be a relevant program in a few years, and the bandwagon fans will hop off one by one. Of course there are some real ones sprinkled in, but this is a program that was no where near relevancy not that long ago. Boise is the only team that truly classifies as a Mid-Major anymore and the only one to play on the big stage consistently. They have earned that reputation and respect even though they haven’t been good as their prime.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas thinks they have the biggest dick around and even they were willing to play AT UCF

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that makes sense for where UCF is right now. UCF doesnt have the history to make the risk/reward worth it.

Beat UCF as a P5 and okay you did what you were supposed to. Lose to UCF and you get a HUGE ding.

If UCF can continue its success for the next 8 years then you will be able to A) schedule better p5's because they will take that phone call B) get home and homes

The problem with 99% of the UCF fans i encounter is they are not willing to wait and prove they belong, they want it all now damn it. :D

UCF shouldn't have to wait 8 years; but they should understand that if they want to play a top-of-the-line P-5 school, they will have to do it on the other school's terms: either a one-off road game, a neutral site meeting, or a 2-for-1 deal. That gets them on the map.

Mid-level P-5 teams like Mississippi St., Ole Miss, Iowa, Michigan St., TCU, Virginia Tech, Miami, Texas Tech, Utah & Washington St. might go for a home-and-home deal. On second thought, scratch WSU - they don't like to play teams with a pulse.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don't schedule another Top 10 team. Play a NC State, or a Purdue, or a Texas Tech level program.

Just off the top of my head I know of several top 10 OOC opponents we've played. Alabama in 2008. TCU in 2009. Auburn in 2010. South Carolina in 2011. South Carolina in 2012. South Carolina in 2013.

But I'm sure you'll come up with some other excuse for your pathetic OOC scheduling practices.

It’s funny you call our “pathetic” when it’s featured a Lot more good opponents than yours has.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that makes sense for where UCF is right now. UCF doesnt have the history to make the risk/reward worth it.

Beat UCF as a P5 and okay you did what you were supposed to. Lose to UCF and you get a HUGE ding.

If UCF can continue its success for the next 8 years then you will be able to A) schedule better p5's because they will take that phone call B) get home and homes

The problem with 99% of the UCF fans i encounter is they are not willing to wait and prove they belong, they want it all now damn it. :D

Part of this is the most obnoxious thing about football scheduling, the way it operates is absolute ludicrous. We have games more than a decade out being announced.

It really needs to be more like basketball where games aren't announced more than a couple years ahead of time so everyone knows what they're getting in a matchup.

The furthest out game that doesn't involve annual rivalries and I guess the Notre Dame/ACC arrangement should be the 2nd half of a home and home.

The neutral site games that begin the season should be decided right now, as fans we would get better matchups as a result.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing working in UCF's favor vs other mid-major schools is that they have a decent-sized stadium - 44,000. Not big enough for a one-and-one vs the schools that seat 70,000+; but large enough for a 2-1 against some of those schools or a home-and-home with those in the 60,000 & below range.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that makes a world of difference

Wait, you mean to tell me it doesn't ??????????????? :wtf:

6675810.gif

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of this is the most obnoxious thing about football scheduling, the way it operates is absolute ludicrous. We have games more than a decade out being announced.

It really needs to be more like basketball where games aren't announced more than a couple years ahead of time so everyone knows what they're getting in a matchup.

The furthest out game that doesn't involve annual rivalries and I guess the Notre Dame/ACC arrangement should be the 2nd half of a home and home.

The neutral site games that begin the season should be decided right now, as fans we would get better matchups as a result.
I can see both sides to the argument. Basketball you get to play a bajillion games. I know the announcement of OU however many years ago excited the fuck out of me :D