• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida AD Says They Would Schedule UCF "In The Right Situation"

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gators AD would welcome 2-for-1 series vs. UCF

In this article, the AD states that "in the right situation" he would schedule games against UCF. He never elaborates what the right situation is, but also states that "We haven't had a spot where we thought this made sense at this point".

He also states, "We do home-and-homes with like FSUs and Power 5 leagues," Stricklin said. "We haven't done any home-and-homes with non-Power 5 teams. I don't think we would start that. But I'd love to schedule [UCF] in a game."

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gators AD would welcome 2-for-1 series vs. UCF

In this article, the AD states that "in the right situation" he would schedule games against UCF. He never elaborates what the right situation is, but also states that "We haven't had a spot where we thought this made sense at this point".

He also states, "We do home-and-homes with like FSUs and Power 5 leagues," Stricklin said. "We haven't done any home-and-homes with non-Power 5 teams. I don't think we would start that. But I'd love to schedule [UCF] in a game."
That is another of UCF's issues, i constantly hear they want home and homes... which they wont get til they can demand it with more than a tantrum but actual long term history of success.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is another of UCF's issues, i constantly hear they want home and homes... which they wont get til they can demand it with more than a tantrum but actual long term history of success.

Well we are willing to schedule Florida. Doesn't look like Florida is willing to schedule us at this point. They haven't found a place where it would make sense to play us.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG i laugh at those retarded AAC commercials that they actually spent money on! the only thing more retarded than the commercials are those who believe it!! i dont care what anybody says that will forever be amusing, beat that horse to death roll it over and beat it some more.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG i laugh at those retarded AAC commercials that they actually spent money on! the only thing more retarded than the commercials are those who believe it!! i dont care what anybody says that will forever be amusing, beat that horse to death roll it over and beat it some more.

Almost as amusing as Nebraska going 0-6 to star the season? :dhd::dhd:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are willing to schedule Florida. Doesn't look like Florida is willing to schedule us at this point. They haven't found a place where it would make sense to play us.
And that makes sense for where UCF is right now. UCF doesnt have the history to make the risk/reward worth it.

Beat UCF as a P5 and okay you did what you were supposed to. Lose to UCF and you get a HUGE ding.

If UCF can continue its success for the next 8 years then you will be able to A) schedule better p5's because they will take that phone call B) get home and homes

The problem with 99% of the UCF fans i encounter is they are not willing to wait and prove they belong, they want it all now damn it. :D

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that makes sense for where UCF is right now. UCF doesnt have the history to make the risk/reward worth it.

Beat UCF as a P5 and okay you did what you were supposed to. Lose to UCF and you get a HUGE ding.

If UCF can continue its success for the next 8 years then you will be able to A) schedule better p5's because they will take that phone call B) get home and homes

The problem with 99% of the UCF fans i encounter is they are not willing to wait and prove they belong, they want it all now damn it. :D

We are willing to wait, but we keep getting told that we don't schedule tough enough P5 teams, yet when we reach out to those tougher P5 teams, we get told no. So what does everyone expect the program to do?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as amusing as Nebraska going 0-6 to star the season? :dhd::dhd:
While i didnt find it amusing, it certainly wasnt unexpected. Once the wheat was separated from the chaff (20 players gone) we turned the corner and went 4-2 and in both losses we were in a position we could have won. I suppose from someone looking in and seeing just the w/l it could be amusing?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are willing to wait, but we keep getting told that we don't schedule tough enough P5 teams, yet when we reach out to those tougher P5 teams, we get told no. So what does everyone expect the program to do?
LOL you cant expect to grab up Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan, Clemson etc without playing teams that are at least middle of the road. Teams like Iowa that usually finish decent but rarely at the top of the conference are the ideal targets for 1 and done that will garner respect and those teams are far more likely to agree to it.

Huddie Leadbetter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about UCF agreeing to play at UF without requiring a home and home? That's how most non major programs prove themselves.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about UCF agreeing to play at UF without requiring a home and home? That's how most non major programs prove themselves.

UCF isn't most non major programs. Usually, G5 team success is a one off. We aren't a one off.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 of their last 9 season have been successful. down years happen even the blue bloods have a few here and there USC Florida State Alabama Notre Dame Michigan Nebraska texas.
small schools dont always get home and home but it does happen if the P5 dont get all high and mighty about things.
Oklahoma playing home and home with Army, Tulane, Temple
Wisconsin with hawaii
Miami has some with FiU and Temple