• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida AD Says They Would Schedule UCF "In The Right Situation"

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-0 against the UCF schedule is really not that impressive.

FEI estimates the average elite team (2 standard deviations above the mean) would likely have zero losses (0.32) vs UCF’s slate of 2018 games. SOS rank #120. Last year it was 1.01 loss and #63 schedule.

BCF Toys - 2018 FEI Ratings
Let me get this straight, UCF scores less points, while gave up more points,all with a significantly easier schedule than last year? And there are people saying they are going in the right direction?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not have a dog in the fight, and I really don't care one way or the other for UCF or UF. However, I graduated from High School in Orlando. I also went to UCF's first game as a 1-A team in 1996 - when Daunte Culpepper was their QB - so I am somewhat familiar with the territory.

IMO, Danny White and UCF are acting like poodles instead of like Knights. They had a chance to play the University of Florida Gators in a 3 game series with one of the games in Orlando, and they said NO! Shame on them. Let me say that again, they had a chance to play Florida at HOME in ORLANDO and said NO! Shame on UCF!

Sheesh, when Iowa State (who was better at the time) from the Big 8 restarted their series with Iowa from the Big 10 in the 1970s, the Cyclones had to play the first FOUR games @ Iowa before the Hawkeyes would come to Ames. Now, it has became an annual home and home event. Others schools have had to fight through similar situations including FSU with UF!

The Knights are being very short-sighted IMO.