• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fitzpatrick gives in and agree to 1 yr deal with NYJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Daily News has learned Fitzpatrick is prepared to end his contract stalemate by letting the Jets know he will take a one-year deal for $12 million guaranteed. It’s the same money with the same guarantee the Jets are offering in the first year of their frontloaded three-year $24 million proposal that has backup money in the second and third year.

One year and $12 million is fair for Fitz and the Jets.

Myers: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick ready to take 1-year deal from Jets

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$12M is fair. Fitzpatrick has one DECENT full season (the last one) under his belt in his NFL career and he's going to be 34 mid season. Best he can hope for is like a $36M 3 year extension if he puts up another season like last with the Jets and gets a playoff win under his belt.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess hes betting on himself again, because hes losing some monies by not taking the deal

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$12M is fair. Fitzpatrick has one DECENT full season (the last one) under his belt in his NFL career and he's going to be 34 mid season. Best he can hope for is like a $36M 3 year extension if he puts up another season like last with the Jets and gets a playoff win under his belt.

For him? Not really but the way QBs and other players are getting paid I guess you are correct.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure I'd see that.. That's paying him through 37 years old. I think another 1 year deal for 15 mil or so is the best he'd still get at the age he is. Maybe 2 years 30 mil 2nd year un-guaranteed if he had another year like this past one. Age is going against him, sure the hope is that he can be a poor mans late career Rich Gannon, but last year he was middle of the pack and really up and down.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets aren't interested in a Cap hit that big.

No deal.

Geno still has a chance of getting his jaw broken by another Jet teammate.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd see that.. That's paying him through 37 years old. I think another 1 year deal for 15 mil or so is the best he'd still get at the age he is. Maybe 2 years 30 mil 2nd year un-guaranteed if he had another year like this past one. Age is going against him, sure the hope is that he can be a poor mans late career Rich Gannon, but last year he was middle of the pack and really up and down.

If he has another good year including performing well in the playoffs should they make it...I can see a 3/40/15G type deal...I'm not sure why the Jets didn't just sweeten yr 2 & 3 by adding $6m roster bonuses to ea yr instead of dropping him down to $6m in the last 2 yrs....I can see why he opted for a 1 yr deal.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has another good year including performing well in the playoffs should they make it...I can see a 3/40/15G type deal...I'm not sure why the Jets didn't just sweeten yr 2 & 3 by adding $6m roster bonuses to ea yr instead of dropping him down to $6m in the last 2 yrs....I can see why he opted for a 1 yr deal.

Yeah its hard to see anything more than 15 guaranteed for a middle of the pack 35 year old QB.

My guess is they didn't go multiyear with his deal because he wanted guaranteed money on 2017... And if I was the Jets, no way I would do that.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does this dude think he is worth 15 million plus? He has never made the playoffs in his career he is a journey men QB. Also don't give me the Bradford BS he had leverage cause he was a hot commodity. If the Eagles didn't give him money someone else would have such as the Broncos maybe or the Texans or even the 49ers. No one else wants this bum. if he really wants to play he should be take what they are offering because he is lucky he is even getting 8 million or more!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does either side have any leverage here? No one wants Fitzpatrick and the Jets make the broncos QB problems look insignificant.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fitz also went up against awful defenses last year if you look at the Jets schedule. Who knows if he'll put up numbers anywhere near as good considering the Jets schedule this coming season is MUCH more difficult

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does this dude think he is worth 15 million plus? He has never made the playoffs in his career he is a journey men QB. Also don't give me the Bradford BS he had leverage cause he was a hot commodity. If the Eagles didn't give him money someone else would have such as the Broncos maybe or the Texans or even the 49ers. No one else wants this bum. if he really wants to play he should be take what they are offering because he is lucky he is even getting 8 million or more!

Starting quarterbacks get payed $15 million plus.
Ryan Fitzpatrick is a starting quarterback
Thus, Ryan Fitzpatrick is worth $15 million plus

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you in terms of what Fitz is, or is not, but you're wrong on the Bradford situation being BS...NOBODY was going to pay Bradford the kind of money PHI did. More highly touted, but he hasn't done much more than Fitz...DEN doesn't have the cap space to pay a QB $18m per, and CLE could've but clearly they were not looking to invest that much in a QB with that roster, everybody else went young.

Again, I'm with you on Fitz as a player, but when Cousins gets a tag for $20m, Osweiler get his deal, we mentioned Bradford...he did have SOME reason to ask for $15m...the reason he didn't and should not have gotten it was age....if he was 27 the Jets would've bucked up for a long term deal...kudos to them for not budging, but looking at from Fitz's stand point...hard to blame him for at least asking.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its hard to see anything more than 15 guaranteed for a middle of the pack 35 year old QB.

My guess is they didn't go multiyear with his deal because he wanted guaranteed money on 2017... And if I was the Jets, no way I would do that.

Jets offered 3/24...not sure of the G$, but their last offer was reportedly 12/6/6...he said guarantee the 12 and let's go 1 yr apparently which I would do that if I were NYJ.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting quarterbacks get payed $15 million plus.
Ryan Fitzpatrick is a starting quarterback
Thus, Ryan Fitzpatrick is worth $15 million plus

But is he on that level? Lets put it this way. of the QB's to start most of last year, the ones with lower QB ratings were Bradford, Winston, Foles, and Peyton. Bradford is younger, finished the season better than him, and I think got overpaid by a team that can afford to anyways. Winston is a rookie with a big upside. Foles is not considered a starting level QB anymore. Peyton retired.

He seems more to me to be in-between the stopgap maybe starter (4-7 mil) and the long term hopeful starter that more than 1 team would be interested in having (15+). He just doesn't hit the things you want out of a franchise starter. Which is why no NFL teams felt he was worth 15 million plus.