• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have lots of Cap room. sign him for 3 years at 18m a season fully guaranteed. That's 54m. more then the 30 this year. Cutting Long almost pays for him next year.
Coug, do you really think a QB like Brees fits Fishers overall scheme?

I don't.

He fits an offensive schemes that wants to throw the ball all around.

So the value for signing Brees as a top tier FA just makes no sense.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, do you really think a QB like Brees fits Fishers overall scheme?

I don't.

He fits an offensive schemes that wants to throw the ball all around.

So the value for signing Brees as a top tier FA just makes no sense.

Well hopefully Fisher will realize that his offense of scheme just doesn't work anymore. And we hire a real OC that would be compatible with Brees.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Fat chance at that!

Actually Vita after thinking about it though... Maybe Fisher system would work with Brees? I have a hard time picturing it working with Keenum and not Brees. Maybe it befits him since he is getting older. With Gurley and his great play action and quick release....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Vita after thinking about it though... Maybe Fisher system would work with Brees? I have a hard time picturing it working with Keenum and not Brees. Maybe it befits him since he is getting older. With Gurley and his great play action and quick release....
Maybe, but he is still a guy that's going to throw it around and it's going to cost you a lot more to trout out Brees for a maybe, right?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I too wish that Fisher would open it up a bit, especially with a lead!

But, wishing and understanding your situation are too different things Coug.

I think this type of thought is what gets you into so much turmoil with so many on this board.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but he is still a guy that's going to throw it around and it's going to cost you a lot more to trout out Brees for a maybe, right?

Yes I was saving my secret trade piece for that last min... Nick Foles!!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just stop Coug, Fisher likes to run the ball, that's why we have Gurley. As Vita just said, along with others, Brees throws the ball 600 times a year, he's not coming here to just hand the ball off to Gurley!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually after thinking about it, I think you think about things that will never be, to much! You actually throw some reasonable thoughts out there Coug, but when you latch onto unrealistic ones, you just don't let go, stick with the realistic ones that we can get behind you on!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Cougie, sometimes I wonder where you dream this QB stuff up and then beat these bizarre scenarios to death like they really are plausible!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually after thinking about it, I think you think about things that will never be, to much! You actually throw some reasonable thoughts out there Coug, but when you latch onto unrealistic ones, you just don't let go, stick with the realistic ones that we can get behind you on!

You do realize Brady is 2 years older then Brees right? Guess he couldn't help us either because he likes to pass. :L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have lots of Cap room. sign him for 3 years at 18m a season fully guaranteed. That's 54m. more then the 30 this year. Cutting Long almost pays for him next year.

Why would he do that? He's going to give away nearly 50% of his salary?

$39M in estimated cap space. Approx $30M of that is from expiring contracts, including Fairley, Hayes, Sims, Barron, McCleod, Quick, Tru, Jenkins, Barnes, Keenum etc etc. Most of them will be due increases, some of them hefty (Tru and Jenkins especially). Add in the amount needed for the incoming rookie class and that cap space evaporates pretty quickly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's like using a bazooka to swat a fly. Spending the necessary trade capital and cap space to get a pass-happy QB to be a game manager is ridiculous (even if his team was willing to trade him; he's practically the mayor of New Orleans).

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see, what else can we steal from Spanos and the Chargers????

Oh yeah, Rivers! :rolleyes2: