• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum is a restricted free agent. How can any coach in his right mind name a free agent his starter?

The term "free-agent quarterback" is pointless. Use actual available players instead. He who shall not be named is highly unlikely to return. Brees is highly unlikely to leave New Orleans now that the Saints are keeping Payton. Here's your list of free agent QBs; who are you making cap space for?

He Who Shall Not Be Named (unlikely to return)
Kirk Cousins (unlikely to leave Washington)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (unlikely to leave Jets)
Brock Osweiler (unlikely to leave Broncos)
Chase Daniel
Drew Stanton
Chad Henne
Matt Hasselbeck
Matt Moore
Matt Schaub
Bruce Gradkowski
Kellen Clemens
Matt Cassel
Tarvaris Jackson
Scott Tolzien
Charlie Whitehurst
Luke McCown
Joe Webb
Dan Orlovsky
Michael Vick
Thaddeus Lewis
Josh Johnson
TJ Yates
Matt Flynn
Brandon Weeden
Jimmy Clausen
Josh Freeman
Ryan Lindley
Case Keenun (RFA) (likely to return)
Matt McGloin (RFA)
Pat Devlin (RFA)
Zac Dysert (RFA)

WOW, what an AWFUL list!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list has literally no QBs worth signing. The QB position in the NFL has become diluted to the point of being laughable.

That's one reason I have to bring "him" up sometime. He certainly is toward the top of that list. Cousins I think is interesting because let's face he had a career year. I'm sure his agent is going to want to cash in on that! So do the Rams go all in on him?? Make a real offer? I would do it for him or the other guy that I won't say. Cousins just kind of scares me because you wonder if it's a one year thing. Like Foles in 13 in the perfect situation.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, what an AWFUL list!!!

We're basically Fucked!
My guess is that they will again attempt the "Power Run Game" approach and try to beef up the line and hope this works! Their theory is that you can get away with just "average qb play" if your run game is clicking! Didn't work the last time we tried this!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're basically Fucked!
My guess is that they will again attempt the "Power Run Game" approach and try to beef up the line and hope this works! Their theory is that you can get away with just "average qb play" if your run game is clicking! Didn't work the last time we tried this!

It likely would have worked for a 4-0 stretch run had Gurley been available this weekend. With a healthier defense and some offensive tweaks (new #1 WR, TE) and more gel time for the O-line, it could work for the short term.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It likely would have worked for a 4-0 stretch run had Gurley been available this weekend. With a healthier defense and some offensive tweaks (new #1 WR, TE) and more gel time for the O-line, it could work for the short term.

I think you're right it could work. I think Houston is a good example of that with Hoyer quarterbacking. a stud receiver and a great defense. we have a better running back

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Drama could be added to that list in theory, as he will be available (if not suspended somehow), for what little that's worth.

As far as other potential trade/reclamation targets:
EJ Manuel, Bills
Geno Smith, Jets
Zach Mettenberger, Titans
RG3, Redskins
Mike Glennon, Bucs
AJ McCarron, Bengals? (His solid play could cause issues when pushed back to backup)

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team just cant catch a break! Agree a new#1 WR/TE are a necessity as well! There's just not really too much available! I guess we will wait and see!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if the Rams do move to LA I find it hard to believe that they're going to open up next year with Keenum as the quarterback?? that's not exactly a lot of star power.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if the Rams do move to LA I find it hard to believe that they're going to open up next year with Keenum as the quarterback?? that's not exactly a lot of star power.

They wouldn't really need a star QB to sell tickets in the beginning. People would be so excited that football is back in LA it'll sell out regardless. A few years down the road...different story.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't really need a star QB to sell tickets in the beginning. People would be so excited that football is back in LA it'll sell out regardless. A few years down the road...different story.

Yeah I agree with that except for I don't think it will take three years of Fisher football before people will stop coming and return to the beach. Hell that's where I would be lol.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with that except for I don't think it will take three years of Fisher football before people will stop coming and return to the beach. Hell that's where I would be lol.

I don't think there's anyway in hell that Fisher is with us for 3 more years. Well, unless he somehow gets us deep into the playoffs next year, then its possible, but I still hope not lol.(about him being around, the playoffs part I'd be ok with lol)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no "star" quality QB 's out there? We will have to hope that Foles gets his act togther over the off season, or Keenum can continue to minimize the turnovers like he did when given his chance, and hopefully the QB crop will be better next year?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one reason I have to bring "him" up sometime. He certainly is toward the top of that list. Cousins I think is interesting because let's face he had a career year. I'm sure his agent is going to want to cash in on that! So do the Rams go all in on him?? Make a real offer? I would do it for him or the other guy that I won't say. Cousins just kind of scares me because you wonder if it's a one year thing. Like Foles in 13 in the perfect situation.

Cousins did have a career year, at least he had had one! He actually played fairly well when given the chance last year also!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Drama could be added to that list in theory, as he will be available (if not suspended somehow), for what little that's worth.

As far as other potential trade/reclamation targets:
EJ Manuel, Bills
Geno Smith, Jets
Zach Mettenberger, Titans
RG3, Redskins
Mike Glennon, Bucs
AJ McCarron, Bengals? (His solid play could cause issues when pushed back to backup)

Johnny would be dead in a week in LA :suds:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no "star" quality QB 's out there? We will have to hope that Foles gets his act togther over the off season, or Keenum can continue to minimize the turnovers like he did when given his chance, and hopefully the QB crop will be better next year?

Free agents for 2017 included Brees, PManning, RG3, Luck, Sanchez, Hoyer, Manuel, Gabbert, Geno, Mallett, Tyrod, Glennon etc. Potential draft picks include Baker Mayfield and a lot of guys I don't know much about lol.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agents for 2017 included Brees, PManning, RG3, Luck, Sanchez, Hoyer, Manuel, Gabbert, Geno, Mallett, Tyrod, Glennon etc. Potential draft picks include Baker Mayfield and a lot of guys I don't know much about lol.

Yep there is nothing out there! if the Rams organization had any balls they would be on the phone right now offering our first round pick for Brees. He has a 30 million cap hit this year. He would have to redo his contract to come here but it could be done. sign him to a three-year lucrative deal. We still have two second round picks to get Brees some weapons.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep there is nothing out there! if the Rams organization had any balls they would be on the phone right now offering our first round pick for Brees. He has a 30 million cap hit this year. He would have to redo his contract to come here but it could be done. sign him to a three-year lucrative deal. We still have two second round picks to get Brees some weapons.

Stop, he is not coming here, the Saints still want him and if I was him and traded to Rams, I would retire! Even in some bizarro world scenario, best case he would get us into playoffs, not SB, then he would be 38 the next year, you don't get the fact that a lot of these guys their skills drop dramatically once it does start to drop, while still good, Brees isn't the QB he once was, but let's sign him to a 3 year lucrative contract?
Again we are not a QB away from the SB, we are taking major baby steps, but still are a few years away from even thinking about a SB

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop, he is not coming here, the Saints still want him and if I was him and traded to Rams, I would retire! Even in some bizarro world scenario, best case he would get us into playoffs, not SB, then he would be 38 the next year, you don't get the fact that a lot of these guys their skills drop dramatically once it does start to drop, while still good, Brees isn't the QB he once was, but let's sign him to a 3 year lucrative contract?
Again we are not a QB away from the SB, we are taking major baby steps, but still are a few years away from even thinking about a SB

Are you serious? He's a top-five quarterback and you don't think he can help us get to the Super Bowl?? Again but you're OK with Austin Davis? Baby steps! Lol in a few years Alex Ogletree, Aaron Donald, EJ Gains, Michael Brockers, Austin, Tra Mason, Robinson, those guys are probably going to be gone unless we keep them from free agency and you know how that works. Not to mention the guys we probably will lose this off-season. Fisher had a 4-5-year plan but he screwed that up giving away a playable quarterback this year. The next two years is do or die. We are absolutely not that far away.