• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees is off the market.

If the Bills don't extend Tyrod for some reason, there's your target.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees is off the market.

If the Bills don't extend Tyrod for some reason, there's your target.

He probably is off the market but I still make the call to make them think about that 1st rd pick. They are in Cap hell and his 30m isn't helping especially when he is a FA next year.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever happen to chase daniel, just never was good enough or never given a chance?

He's never really been given a chance.

He's looked good in preseasons, but he's not going to play over Brees.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never really been given a chance.

He's looked good in preseasons, but he's not going to play over Brees.

He's in KC now. He's looked good at times but he's been in very good systems. He would be no better then Keenum.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would we want Bradford back, the fan base didn't want him, he wore out his welcome, it would be insane to bring him back and take the chance that he would fail yet again?
I have a logical answer, but you will need to look for it on the negativity thread Smed.

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Cousins did have a career year, at least he had had one! He actually played fairly well when given the chance last year also!
Cousin had better than a great year, if you drill down the final eight games. He got better, much better and the Skins may want or need to 'tag' him, if they can afford him. The only thing that can really go wrong with Cousins is if he takes a dump in the playoffs much like Ryan did with Cincinnati. By the way, did any of yous see AJ McCarron win the game in the 4th quarter tonight? Too bad that untimely RB fumble and then the bonehead PF's stole his thunder! Boy deserved to move his team to the next round! Give him back Nick and that Bama defense, in the final minute and whatever and AJ really does win.

Free agents for 2017 included Brees, PManning, RG3, Luck, Sanchez, Hoyer, Manuel, Gabbert, Geno, Mallett, Tyrod, Glennon etc. Potential draft picks include Baker Mayfield and a lot of guys I don't know much about lol.
Luck would be perfect with Gurley, and that Rams defense. Imagine that line up in LA!!! :dingdingding:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck would be perfect with Gurley, and that Rams defense. Imagine that line up in LA!!! :dingdingding:

Sure, but that scenario is highly unlikely. Luck will get his extension this coming season, if not before.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but that scenario is highly unlikely. Luck will get his extension this coming season, if not before.

Brees would certainly be some star power going to LA…

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At age 38 in 2017?

YES! does it look like he slowing down? we need to win in the next 2 years. he's the perfect win right now answer. plus you could have a QB watching and learning for a couple years. I don't think the Saints will let him get away but I would be calling them to see for sure.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! does it look like he slowing down? we need to win in the next 2 years. he's the perfect win right now answer. plus you could have a QB watching and learning for a couple years. I don't think the Saints will let him get away but I would be calling them to see for sure.

Why don't we call Denver and offer them the moon too! Maybe call GB?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we call Denver and offer them the moon too! Maybe call GB?

Manning is done after this year. Its not totally unrealistic Smed. there have been rumors about trading Brees. he counts 30m towards their cap. they could probably get a 1st rd pick for him now vs nothing next year when he's a FA. They would have to think about it anyway. maybe Brees likes the idea of going to LA and having a fired up D that finally knows they have a QB that they can trust in.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, could you possibly tells us for the hundredth time, what Brees cap hit is? And ya, I know Manning is done after this year, should have been last year!
Maybe someone would give up a first round pick for him, but any sane owner, would not!

I wouldnt be surprised if we lose both Jenkins and Johnson, we would have to replace both of them, yes we have quality guys behind them, Long is past his prime, JL, is or should be gone, is Quinn going to continue to have nic nac injuries. We have stud defensive players, but lots of times we don't play well defensively as a team, we play well most of the game, but give up huge plays! As Ive already said, but you turn a blind eye to, we gave up over 350 yards passing to a rookie QB, and over 350 to Blaine flipping Gabbert, and that's just in the last 4 games, elite defense don't do that.
So while I believe we have the makings of a solid defense, we aren't there yet, and we may not even be as good as next year if we have a sizable turnover?

Now throw in our inexperienced oline, which should get better, but will be average at best, and our WR's who can't seem to get open on a consistent basis, yet Brees is going to take us to the SB within the next 2 years. Wow, I want some of what you are on!

Brees is the kind of guy that throws the ball 600 times a year, that's not what we need, while I don't think Keenum is that great, he did take care of the ball and made some nice deep throws, and we won a couple games. I'm willing to give him a shot, until some "younger" better option becomes available, or if Foles somehow figures out what the hell he was doing!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, could you possibly tells us for the hundredth time, what Brees cap hit is? And ya, I know Manning is done after this year, should have been last year!
Maybe someone would give up a first round pick for him, but any sane owner, would not!

I wouldnt be surprised if we lose both Jenkins and Johnson, we would have to replace both of them, yes we have quality guys behind them, Long is past his prime, JL, is or should be gone, is Quinn going to continue to have nic nac injuries. We have stud defensive players, but lots of times we don't play well defensively as a team, we play well most of the game, but give up huge plays! As Ive already said, but you turn a blind eye to, we gave up over 350 yards passing to a rookie QB, and over 350 to Blaine flipping Gabbert, and that's just in the last 4 games, elite defense don't do that.
So while I believe we have the makings of a solid defense, we aren't there yet, and we may not even be as good as next year if we have a sizable turnover?

Now throw in our inexperienced oline, which should get better, but will be average at best, and our WR's who can't seem to get open on a consistent basis, yet Brees is going to take us to the SB within the next 2 years. Wow, I want some of what you are on!

Brees is the kind of guy that throws the ball 600 times a year, that's not what we need, while I don't think Keenum is that great, he did take care of the ball and made some nice deep throws, and we won a couple games. I'm willing to give him a shot, until some "younger" better option becomes available, or if Foles somehow figures out what the hell he was doing!

I will be shocked if they actually open with Keenum as the starter. if thats the case you will see everyone leave in FA. If Brees was our QB i bet that would help sign some of these guys on D

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be shocked if they actually open with Keenum as the starter. if thats the case you will see everyone leave in FA. If Brees was our QB i bet that would help sign some of these guys on D

I doubt it, guys are all about the money and winning, there will be winning teams out there now, that will want them, why would they stay here because we "might" win, and again, why do you continue with this, he's not coming here!!!!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Cleveland would offer up their first round pick and Manziel to get Manning for next season. :lol:

Brees coming here is not going to happen so it's not even worth wasting time thinking about it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Brees was our QB, there would be no money left to sign any of those guys. In fact, we'd have to shed other contracts to make it work, plus give over whatever king's ransom that the Saints will want in return. You're acting as if there isn't a salary cap and Brees won't cost anything in trade either.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brees was our QB, there would be no money left to sign any of those guys. In fact, we'd have to shed other contracts to make it work, plus give over whatever king's ransom that the Saints will want in return. You're acting as if there isn't a salary cap and Brees won't cost anything in trade either.

Plus he thinks with our 2nd round picks we can pick up some weapons for him? We haven't made the right picks for years, but all of a sudden we are going to get a couple of weapons for Brees through the draft? Really?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have lots of Cap room. sign him for 3 years at 18m a season fully guaranteed. That's 54m. more then the 30 this year. Cutting Long almost pays for him next year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he thinks with our 2nd round picks we can pick up some weapons for him? We haven't made the right picks for years, but all of a sudden we are going to get a couple of weapons for Brees through the draft? Really?

Actually with Brees we probably have enough weapons but another one would be nice. Oh what? we're supposed to just forfeit our draft picks now? :scratch: