• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mannion looks good, we can flip him for more picks.

Why in the hell would we get rid of him if he looks good?, we don't have anyone else right now that looks good!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would we get rid of him if he looks good?, we don't have anyone else right now that looks good!

Because Goff is going to be the starter. Lots of teams want a good back up or a potential starter. I doubt Mannion will look good though.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's NFL every team needs a starting QB and a #2 QB that would be a starter on other teams. Maybe the Rams will have that this season. :thumb:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Goff is going to be the starter. Lots of teams want a good back up or a potential starter. I doubt Mannion will look good though.

I'm still thinking that if any of the QB's are traded, it'll be Foles. No need to keep a guy that doesn't want to be there to begin with. That's why I think if you wait until the preseason games, there will be teams that will either have QB's get hurt or waive QB's and looking for other guys to fill that spot. So at that point, you'll likely get more for him than if he was traded right now.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, there's no guarantee that Goff is going to be good, so if Mannion actually looks good it wouldn't make any sense to trade him?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's no guarantee that Goff is going to be good, so if Mannion actually looks good it wouldn't make any sense to trade him?

Obviously he would only be traded in the future if deemed extra. Some backup QBs can be in high demand. If he is actually outperforming Goff, he's not being traded.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the right move. You go with your veteran who played well enough to win games last year until your green rookie is ready to start. Not sure where this is controversial at all. The Rams aren't going to suddenly be contenders this year. You protect your investment in Goff; he is this teams' future.

Should the Rams instead throw Goff to the wolves, ready or not?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is a good laugh as Fisher tries to walk back some of his absolutely ridiculous statements in a compilation. It is pretty self-explanatory.

LA Rams fans’ first ‘WTF’ moment w/ Jeff Fisher
Self-explanatory, I don't get it. There are no walk back comments here retro.

And there is no WTF moment here either, just another lazy sports writer trying to make a story out of nothing.

Honestly, the real first WTF moment for LA Rams fans would be if Fisher did named Goff as the starter going into training camp. No way could he be ready at this point and I would be extremely worried if any real NFL leader would think so at this point.

Let the dude compete and when he is ready, let him start then. It's what I've been hearing since they drafted this dude and the message hasn't change since.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like Fisher was right last year when he named Keenum the starter. He looks like a genius lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case has been impressive so far...

10 of 12 for an 83% completion rate for 111 yards and 1 TD on about 4 or 5 drives.

It appears that naming Case the starter was the right decision.....

For now.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Case is a good backup quarterback in this league but not a starter. He will be exposed when defenses start game planing against him. That also explains why Fisher gave up two first and two second round picks to move up to get a quarterback. Goff looks absolutely abysmal btw. He needs to get it together.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Case is a good backup quarterback in this league but not a starter. He will be exposed when defenses start game planing against him. That also explains why Fisher gave up two first and two second round picks to move up to get a quarterback. Goff looks absolutely abysmal btw. He needs to get it together.

Been pretty quiet around here! Where you been boy? RU having a good summer? :pop2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff looks absolutely abysmal btw. He needs to get it together.
I couldn't disagree with you more. He's had rookie moments but um he's a rookie. Once he has shaken the 'jitters' off, he's actually been impressive! Look at production from the end to the start, you will see he actually did get it together.

Look, the dudes not ready, far from it, but he's improving with every rep and every play.

And that's what you want to see!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't disagree with you more. He's had rookie moments but um he's a rookie. Once he has shaken the 'jitters' off, he's actually been impressive! Look at production from the end to the start, you will see he actually did get it together.

Look, the dudes not ready, far from it, but he's improving with every rep and every play.

And that's what you want to see!

I just have trouble getting my head around giving up so much for a guy that can't come in and beat out Case.. I mean think about that? Or at least should be closer to start. I think he has a long way to go. And my fear is if we can't get a decent passing game going will we waste TG best years at running the ball.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have trouble getting my head around giving up so much for a guy that can't come in and beat out Case.. I mean think about that? Or at least should be closer to start. I think he has a long way to go. And my fear is if we can't get a decent passing game going will we waste TG best years at running the ball.
I don't think that Fisher was ever going to have him start on day one to begin with. I think that the job was always going to be Keenum's barring injury. Like @Vitamike said, he's not ready but he definitely has improved. He started out slow again last week but he did get a lot better and that's all I want to see is improvement from week to week.