• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Cassel, Now Garoppolo. Time to Admit Brady is a System QB

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"System QB" = Not as effective in just any other "system"

"Great QB" = Can excel with no playbook limitations, can make any team a SB contender

Its all based on opinion, and I don't see adding Tom Brady to any other team in the NFL in any other system, makes them an instant SB contender

You'd have to be blind not to realize this guy is most comfortable playing within a 10-12 yard box, and throws beyond that are simply not accurate throws more times than not

Yes and teams do that all the time with older QB's, newer QB's, etc with mixed success.. If all you needed was to dink and dunk to win SB's and lead the league in TD's everyone would be doing it.

As for the deep accuracy that was the statement after 2014, that he couldn't throw the deep ball accurately. Of course in 2015 he set a career best on his completion rate over 20 yards and was 2nd to Big Ben there in the entire league... So that "he can't be accurate deep" thing I thought had went away.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's where we get. Oh Eli can't throw from the shotgun (heard last year, obviously not this season). Everyone jumps on those little things. Oh Brady was inaccurate throwing deep in 2014, then last year does it as well as anyone.

To me, system QB is the guy you really do have to limit things that help you win. Think shoulder injury Pennington where you couldn't put the deep outs in the playbook. Think Vick where the 3rd option wasn't a viable option. Think of the college run and shoot guys that can't adapt to the NFL. Think the runners where you limit half their field.

And what happens with those system QB's. You force Alex Smith or Pennington to throw down the field like you have to with velocity in those 2 minute and comeback situations and they fade really quickly. You force that Vince Young to make plays as his athleticism fades, and he struggles.

Yes NE uses a system of quicker routes, quicker decisions, stressing pre-snap reads, accuracy, quick release and decision making over arm strength. No crap, if a coach doesn't play to his QB's strengths he shouldn't be a coach. Just like how they took away a lot of the spread and deep stuff when Cassel came in.

But when they need to go to the vertical game in situations, it isn't "oh crap it's 3rd and 17 late in the 4th against the Jets in a game we are losing, our QB can't do it when we get out of the system". Brady has an NFL arm still.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Pats fans get so angry when *Brady's replacements play better than him?

I don't blame you for being embarrassed.

Hey, at Thanksgiving dinner, do you tell your folks that you spend hundreds of hours repeating insults on the internet?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nay sayers always say it's the system and not Brady but The Patriots didn't look like the Pats with Drew Bledsoe in the same system. When Tom took over NE dominance began.
Easily debunked years ago.

Please try harder.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "system QB" is just flat stupid. Who actually believes this bullshit?

Now there are QB's that are better for one type of system over another but you still have to play the position. The throws still have to be made. The blitzes recognized. You still have to follow your progressions to find open receivers...etc...etc...etc....that shit is not taught via "the system"
BB's entire game-plan is predicted on *Brady's inability to skillfully play the position. *Brady has come to redefine "system QB" as he IS now the system and the astonishing part is that they have enough talent to actually still win despite his abysmally poor play. However, I'm convinced that without Pete Carroll handing them that SB "win" *Brady would have retired in utter disgrace.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB's entire game-plan is predicted on *Brady's inability to skillfully play the position. *Brady has come to redefine "system QB" as he IS now the system and the astonishing part is that they have enough talent to actually still win despite his abysmally poor play. However, I'm convinced that without Pete Carroll handing them that SB "win" *Brady would have retired in utter disgrace.
Meh, I don't care if they bring back Steve Grogan as long as they win.
Though the mems of signing Peyton Manning for a two week contract are pretty funny

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brisset is exposing *Brady for the fraud he is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been of the belief that Brady is a huge part of the reason the Pats have been successful and not going to change that over a few weeks. But, this is starting to look like the system may just be a huge part of it. If Edelman comes in and leads a couple TD drives I may just have to go with it...

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been of the belief that Brady is a huge part of the reason the Pats have been successful and not going to change that over a few weeks. But, this is starting to look like the system may just be a huge part of it. If Edelman comes in and leads a couple TD drives I may just have to go with it...

I think the mere fact that Belichick went with Edelman as his backup tells you all you need to know. It's as close to an admission that pretty much anyone can do it as you'll ever see.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots success is because of Bill Belichick. He can win with average QB's.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I could play QB in that system and win.
I think that you could! Even when you stop them the flags come out its nuts but I've been seeing this for years. Did you see the red zone calls wow! Bennet has his arm around the CB'S kneck and pulls him down 1st and goal! Not hard to score with 12 shots. Fins don't look as bad now as they at least made a game of it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Less than one game in the "system" and dude is looking like Johnny Unitas.

Clearly you should take a year and '

1. Study the system.
2. Contact the 9ers.
3. Become the head coach.
4. Win glory with the system.

How hard could it be?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man New England just plugs in guys off the street and the system keeps chugging.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you could! Even when you stop them the flags come out its nuts but I've been seeing this for years. Did you see the red zone calls wow! Bennet has his arm around the CB'S kneck and pulls him down 1st and goal! Not hard to score with 12 shots. Fins don't look as bad now as they at least made a game of it.
Don't kid yourself. The Fins still suck