• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Filling out the roster

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that Westhead and Dr. Buss deal like it was yesterday, Davwy. We fans were scratching our heads trying to figure out what the hell was going on. But as you stated, it was and still is a closed society and as it turned out, Dr. Buss made another of his brilliant moves that resulted in 5 rings with Pat Riley.

These moves lately have Jeannie's mark on them. The difference between now and a few months back when they should have dumped Don'tknowi is Jeannie did not have Phil's input. He is hanging around much more since he's engaged and he has completed his other consulting contracts (Detroit most notably). These transactions of recent note, Short Buss and Don'tknowi simple don't have the wherewithal to derive any of them. He is too damn dumb and brain dead to think any of this up. They look like the moves of Dr. Buss and that is Jeannie for sure.

Out of the blue they find Jordon Farmar who wants to come home. Kaman, who wnats to play for the Lakers was so excited he could not keep it to himself (twittered it to death). Nick Young, whose career was headed down the krapper and who wants to come home and play for the Lakers, and Lamar Odom who will probably sign all have one connection-They all want to play for the Lakers. I mean these are classic Lakers moves and they have the look and feel of a triumvariate of Jeannie/Phil/Mitch.

So, yea, none of us will hear it directly until much later, but I like what is emerging with the Lakers that the big three are quietly putting together!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild Turkey. The Lakers and Odom are in negotiations and there is no rush. My guess, Odom will sign a one-year MLE and join the merry band of returnees!

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there really is not rush with Odom. Everyone who is coming knows their salary is going to be vets minimum or some other exception. The question is, do you want to play for the Lakers. That's the great thing about the players coming, they want to put on the uniform because they know coming it, it's not about money.

More players like these probably would have come last season if the Lakers weren't forced to take Duhon and Clark in the Howard deal. Though, Clark turned out to be a great throw in. And last season, the Lakers were able to pull in Jamison and Nash, so despite what people say about Kobe, players want to come and play for the Purple and Gold.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there really is not rush with Odom. Everyone who is coming knows their salary is going to be vets minimum or some other exception. The question is, do you want to play for the Lakers. That's the great thing about the players coming, they want to put on the uniform because they know coming it, it's not about money.

More players like these probably would have come last season if the Lakers weren't forced to take Duhon and Clark in the Howard deal. Though, Clark turned out to be a great throw in. And last season, the Lakers were able to pull in Jamison and Nash, so despite what people say about Kobe, players want to come and play for the Purple and Gold.

guess there ARE some players out there who understand...

Lakers Pride...!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're trying to go for it. I respect that....I'm against it for this year, but I can still respect it. I was hoping to get a good pick next year, but lets get this "revival tour" goin! I thought we needed a young ballhandler off the bench last year that can create his own shot and Nick Young is THAT guy(although he may start at SF). The downside is that he can be very erratic at times looking to get his own shot.....but he is somebody that doesn't have to rely on Kobe to get him a shot. Another thing I wanted to touch on is this, can we trade Steve Blake before he turns into...Steve Blake again? I have no idea who that guy was in that Steve Blake jersey last year, but let's strike while the iron is hot and get some young legs for him.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're trying to go for it. I respect that....I'm against it for this year, but I can still respect it. I was hoping to get a good pick next year, but lets get this "revival tour" goin! I thought we needed a young ballhandler off the bench last year that can create his own shot and Nick Young is THAT guy(although he may start at SF). The downside is that he can be very erratic at times looking to get his own shot.....but he is somebody that doesn't have to rely on Kobe to get him a shot. Another thing I wanted to touch on is this, can we trade Steve Blake before he turns into...Steve Blake again? I have no idea who that guy was in that Steve Blake jersey last year, but let's strike while the iron is hot and get some young legs for him.

i'm with you there, Kold. never liked that they were over-paying Blake 4 mil a year for...well, what he is...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Lakers have added another weapon to their arsenal as 2013 NBA free agency rolls on. Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times reports that Wesley Johnson, the No. 4 pick in the 2010 draft, has agreed to a one-year deal at the veteran's minimum with the Lakers. He played last year with Phoenix.

This was another quality signing of a one-year deal at the vets minimum. Tell me players are still not attracted to playing for the Lakers. Onward we go!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Lakers have added another weapon to their arsenal as 2013 NBA free agency rolls on. Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times reports that Wesley Johnson, the No. 4 pick in the 2010 draft, has agreed to a one-year deal at the veteran's minimum with the Lakers. He played last year with Phoenix.

This was another quality signing of a one-year deal at the vets minimum. Tell me players are still not attracted to playing for the Lakers. Onward we go!!

You guys act like these scrubs the Lakers are signing are turning down offers/ more money from other teams in order to play for the Lakers. Not the case, is it?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need to go for that #1, which wont happen as long as Kobe is on the court.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys act like these scrubs the Lakers are signing are turning down offers/ more money from other teams in order to play for the Lakers. Not the case, is it?

Possibly. Do you know for sure that they aren't?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good signing for the money. He should be able to have success at the 2/3 spot. Young and athletic.

I think the Lakers still need some size up front. Still a few roster spots to fill.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. Do you know for sure that they aren't?

I don't know for sure, that is why I asked.
I do know that when I read or have read about the signings that I haven't seen any other teams or offers mentioned.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most NBA pundits are expecting a dire season ahead for L.A. and, while I'm not expecting them to win the Title, they may do better than expected.

People aren't expecting much, the Howard issues are gone, Kobe will be an "unofficial" coach, and the players won't feel the pressure they would typically feel playing in L.A. since this is a "rebuilding" year.

Might be an interesting season as players audition for the 2014 season when the FA wave hits L.A..

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know for sure, that is why I asked.
I do know that when I read or have read about the signings that I haven't seen any other teams or offers mentioned.

I haven't either. These players are taking pay cuts relative to last season. Maybe more to play with the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical shortsightedness by one Turnup. O.K. I'll do this once. Johnson had an offer from the Knicks, Kaman had offers from the Clips and Sacremento, Farmar had an offer from the Timberwolves, and Nick Young had a preliminary offer from Philly. They all chose one-year deals with the Lakers. Why don't you do your research before you come over here add a completely useless post!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical shortsightedness by one Turnup. O.K. I'll do this once. Johnson had an offer from the Knicks, Kaman had offers from the Clips and Sacremento, Farmar had an offer from the Timberwolves, and Nick Young had a preliminary offer from Philly. They all chose one-year deals with the Lakers. Why don't you do your research before you come over here add a completely useless post!

Haters gonna hate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you just a little bit sensitive?
Seems like the others knew of no other higher offers, so do you have any documented that you can share with us?

After a quick google just now, here is what I am seeing.

From [email protected]:
About Nick Young:
"The fact that Young – a pure scorer who averaged 10.6 points a game last season in Philadelphia but shot just 41.3 percent — could only get the league minimum speaks to how the free agent market has changed with the new CBA. Young is the kind of guy who used to get overpaid by some team desperate for scoring, but now he has trouble finding a home."

Could his current sexual assault lawsuit have something to do with it?

Here is what I found on Kaman

"The Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks have also reportedly shown interest in Kaman."

Is interest offers? Who OFFERED him anything but the Lakers?
Teams had interest in Bynum. Only the Cavs felt like pissing $$$ out the window though.

Not saying any Johnson offers didn't exist, but non exist that I could find.
What are you saying the Knicks offered him? When?

As far as Farmar. He's not even in the NBA right now.
Hardly a game changer.
Anyway, I don't see any offers from the Wolves, but even if there is, who cares?
Who in their right mind would choose to play in Minnesota?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sensitive about anything. I have just grown weary of your MO. When you get called on something, the response is always a directed accusation toward the the other person first. You then offer research results after the fact. Like I said, I provided evidence only once. I am done.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sensitive about anything. I have just grown weary of your MO. When you get called on something, the response is always a directed accusation toward the the other person first. You then offer research results after the fact. Like I said, I provided evidence only once. I am done.

When I first made my point, I posed it as a question, meaning I wasn't sure of the answer, correct?

There was nothing to 'call' me on.

Since though, you have made claims that these players have all received betters offers.
I couldn't find them, so now I am calling you on them.

You provided evidence? :lol:

Where was that? You offered nothing but your words.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quality is a far stretch for describing Johnson. More like a no risk deal for LA. Unlike the Kaman and Young signings, Johnson is a player barely holding on to his NBA career right now. He's shown very little in being able to help a team in a meaningful way. Minnesota gave up on him after 2 years despite him being a Top 5 pick and the Suns, one of the worst teams in the league with a roster that needs any help it can get cut him loose. That tells you all you need to know about Wesley Johnson. Its his last shot at remaining in the league and a no lose situation for a team with cap restrictions.