• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Filling out the roster

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had to trade Pau wouldn't we rather get picks?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Jayviabay. Sending Pau to Dallas for Marion and Carter is getting older and we already tried that to our demise. Besides, Don'tknowi does not know what to do with older players.

I like Trojanfan's line-up. Even with Meeks, Nash, Goudelock, Morris, and Blake in the backcourt that is not too shabby.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking of a trade with the other Texas team. Pau for Marion and V. Carter. then sign odom and have a line up of

Hill
Odom
Marion
Carter (until kobe returns)
Nash

Bench: Kaman, Carter, Ebanks, Kelly, Sacre, Goudelock, Morris

If we had to trade Pau wouldn't we rather get picks?

DAMNIT!! Leave Pau alone!! Ya bastards!!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Jayviabay. Sending Pau to Dallas for Marion and Carter is getting older and we already tried that to our demise. Besides, Don'tknowi does not know what to do with older players.

I like Trojanfan's line-up. Even with Meeks, Nash, Goudelock, Morris, and Blake in the backcourt that is not too shabby.

I actually liked Blake in D'Antoni's offense!! Seemed to fit him, like a poor man's younger Steve Nash!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake will work as well. Kobe won't be back till at least November-December so that leaves a serious chunk of time for the team to gel with Nash teaching a slew of young players like Meeks, Goudelock, Morris, and even Ebanks how to play in Dont'knowi's offense.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of this lineup?

C - Pau
PF - Hill
SF - Lamar
SG - Kobe (when he comes back)
PG - Nash

This gives 3 guys (Pau, Lamar and Nash) who are excellent and willing passers, along with Kobe who is an excellent passer (although not necessarily willing) and Hill for energy, defense and rebounding!!

Kaman can backup both the Center and PF spots and Hill can also play both spots!! Then you still have Sacre, Kelly, Ebanks, Goudelock and Morris!! It would be interesting to see the development of Goudelock and Morris with Nash there to learn from!!

You probably just listed what the team will look like (Artest may or may not be there). If everyone stays healthy all year, LA finishes 7th to 9th in the West. Same story as last year. Offense is fine, defense is lacking.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss anything? I've been on my honeymoon in Bora Bora :cool2:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Kaman is about as good as the Lakers could do with their mini MLE and fill the need in the middle. Even better that he will only be signed for one year leaving the cap flexibility for 2014. I'm good with bringing back LO on the cheap. He got in better and better shape as last season progressed. I'm not sure he can ever play at that level he was at during the Lakers title runs, but I think he can still be effective. Nothing but minimum contracts left for the Lakers to fill out the roster.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason to amnesty Metta is to save cash. With nothing but minimums left to offer players, I don't think there is much else they can get that is gonna give them anything better.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Retro! If you can ever get to French Polynesia, I highly recommend it. We did Bora Bora and Taha'a. The most insane blue waters I've ever seen (or been in)!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey rule!! Congrats on the nuptials!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool Lakersrule. I heard that. I'm a single/never-married old dude. I might go there for different reasons. I hear the food is also out of this world.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas. Count weed boy out of a return to the Lakers. Bynum signed a 2-year deal with Cleveland to play with Earl Clark and Mike Brown. P.T Barnum is right. There is a sucker born every minute. The dude can barely walk. Some people have more money than brains!!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas. Count weed boy out of a return to the Lakers. Bynum signed a 2-year deal with Cleveland to play with Earl Clark and Mike Brown. P.T Barnum is right. There is a sucker born every minute. The dude can barely walk. Some people have more money than brains!!

I know Cleveland made the offer but did he agree to it? It was also reported the offer had escalating incentives based on health, games played, etc., so it could be a good deal for Cleveland if he is healthy and able to play up to his abilities.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Jayviabay. He is considering the contract reportedly worth $24mill over two years. He has not signed it yet. While mulling Cleveland's deal, Bynum also visited the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday and plans to meet Wednesday with the Dallas Mavericks, his agent, David Lee, told the AP on Tuesday night.

Like I said, I can't believe people are actually considering this dude. Likes weed, refused to work-out for any suitors, and his knees are totally shot!! WTH!!!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Jayviabay. He is considering the contract reportedly worth $24mill over two years. He has not signed it yet. While mulling Cleveland's deal, Bynum also visited the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday and plans to meet Wednesday with the Dallas Mavericks, his agent, David Lee, told the AP on Tuesday night.

Like I said, I can't believe people are actually considering this dude. Likes weed, refused to work-out for any suitors, and his knees are totally shot!! WTH!!!

I cant believe it either! after you see a smaller guy like Roy not being able to recover who actually worked hard to do so, I cant imagine Bynum being serviceable at all. I wouldnt be comfortable offering him any amount thats guaranteed

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have agreed to buy out the contract of Jordan Farmer with his team in Turkey to sign one year deal for the vet min. thoughts

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much needed energy off the bench, some younger legs for our squad. Not a bad signing to me since I don't think there is all that much out there. All we're missing is Ariza and we'll be assembling our old championship team lol. Where's The Machine???