• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Filling out the roster

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much needed energy off the bench, some younger legs for our squad. Not a bad signing to me since I don't think there is all that much out there. All we're missing is Ariza and we'll be assembling our old championship team lol. Where's The Machine???

lol

it has that, put together the old band for one last music tour, feel to it.

yea, the cupboard is bare as far as free agency goes. im curious to see if they have some trades up their sleeves moving forward

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this signing. Jordon has matured and has got some training away from the Lakers. And he is fullfilling the monikor of all Lakers players that are sent away by the franchise are always welcome back-except for may be D12 who left.

Now we have some decent players at guard with Nash, Kobe (when he gets back), Blake, Meeks, Farmar, and perhaps Morris and Goudelock if they sign. We are a little thin at forward and thus Odom may sign and Metta's amnesty is being re-considered.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Farmar signing!! I like his energy and I think D'Antoni's system fits him better than the Triangle did!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Hell. Sign Ariza and Odom. We can use both of the former players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy was so inconsistent though his first trip here. well, all we can do is hope, i guess...

I think some of that may be the result of the traingle (Farmar just isn't a half-court offense kind of player) and inconsistent minutes because of Phil's notorious mistrust of smaller, younger point guards!!

It'll be interesting to see what improvements he may have made to his game and how he does in a system that is more conducive to the type of player that he is!!

And if he doesn't work out, it's a 1 year deal and therefore has no effect on next seasons cap space!! I also like the idea of signing these guys to 1 year deals. Let them earn their way to being included in the re-build!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of that may be the result of the traingle (Farmar just isn't a half-court offense kind of player) and inconsistent minutes because of Phil's notorious mistrust of smaller, younger point guards!!

It'll be interesting to see what improvements he may have made to his game and how he does in a system that is more conducive to the type of player that he is!!

And if he doesn't work out, it's a 1 year deal and therefore has no effect on next seasons cap space!! I also like the idea of signing these guys to 1 year deals. Let them earn their way to being included in the re-build!!

it's a good point. i do hate the idea of this being a throwaway season, but i certainly understand having to protect that cap money for the season after this one...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Jordan signing. It's a cheap one year contract. Jordan shot 44% from deep his last season with the Nets. Not sure what numbers he was putting up overseas. I think he'll be a good fit for D'Antoni's offense. He has speed and quickness which the Lakers need. He also wants to play for the Lakers, unlike some people.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Jordan signing. It's a cheap one year contract. Jordan shot 44% from deep his last season with the Nets. Not sure what numbers he was putting up overseas. I think he'll be a good fit for D'Antoni's offense. He has speed and quickness which the Lakers need. He also wants to play for the Lakers, unlike some people.

guess not every player is suited to feel Lakers pride...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakersrule. That is the point. The team will play much better with players who WANT to be in Lakerland such as Farmar and Kaman. If they sign Ariza and Odom, I bet they'll be saying the same thing.

Every player they have signed recently wants to play for the Lakers. They want to be a Laker! Even with Nash, who was not an original Laker has stated that he wants to play in Lakerland. Metta wanted to stay but was a financial and age casualty. Even Pau has always stated all along he does not want to play anywhere else. Include Kobe in that mix as well. That is the hallmark of one Jeannie Buss!! Finding players who want to play for the Lakers.

This will be totally different than last year when we had this whiny undercurrent of bitching about not feeling supported by you all know who!!! SO, I believe we will be a better ball club just on removing that cancer from the locker room. How far we go remains to be seen but I like this aspect of the new emerging team.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakersrule. That is the point. The team will play much better with players who WANT to be in Lakerland such as Farmar and Kaman. If they sign Ariza and Odom, I bet they'll be saying the same thing.

Every player they have signed recently wants to play for the Lakers. They want to be a Laker! Even with Nash, who was not an original Laker has stated that he wants to play in Lakerland. Metta wanted to stay but was a financial and age casualty. Even Pau has always stated all along he does not want to play anywhere else. Include Kobe in that mix as well. That is the hallmark of one Jeannie Buss!! Finding players who want to play for the Lakers.

This will be totally different than last year when we had this whiny undercurrent of bitching about not feeling supported by you all know who!!! SO, I believe we will be a better ball club just on removing that cancer from the locker room. How far we go remains to be seen but I like this aspect of the new emerging team.

like your positive outlook, man. i obviously have my misgivings, but we'll see what comes of it. either way, Go Lakers...!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks CL67. I have your back with you know who!!

I have this sense that this team is going to surprise us all and maybe even themselves. If they add Ariza and Odom, we have the potential to be pretty good if Don'tknowi gets his head out of ass. With Kobe coming back, he may be surprised himself as the team gels.

I am beginning to get excited for the year and I don't consider a tank year but a year of experimentation of what is going to work and what will not in prep for 2014. And again, this is the hallmark of Jeannie Buss and Phil. Perhaps they are finally running the show. We shall see...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks CL67. I have your back with you know who!!

I have this sense that this team is going to surprise us all and maybe even themselves. If they add Ariza and Odom, we have the potential to be pretty good if Don'tknowi gets his head out of ass. With Kobe coming back, he may be surprised himself as the team gels.

I am beginning to get excited for the year and I don't consider a tank year but a year of experimentation of what is going to work and what will not in prep for 2014. And again, this is the hallmark of Jeannie Buss and Phil. Perhaps they are finally running the show. We shall see...

thanks, bro. and yeah, Jeannie and Phil would be some GOOD news coming from our side of the world...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking some of the moves I'm seeing and I like that the Lakers are getting players who want to be Lakers!! While I don't see this team as much of a threat, the fact is that there is ALOT to be said about having a team of players that want to be there and want to play together!!

And say what you want about D'Antoni, his Phoenix teams made some deep playoff runs without that much more talent than the Lakers will have!!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking some of the moves I'm seeing and I like that the Lakers are getting players who want to be Lakers!! While I don't see this team as much of a threat, the fact is that there is ALOT to be said about having a team of players that want to be there and want to play together!!

And say what you want about D'Antoni, his Phoenix teams made some deep playoff runs without that much more talent than the Lakers will have!!

it's always been said that a cohesive team can beat a talented one. guess we'll see what the season turns up. either way, they're being smart in only giving out 1 year contracts at least...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's always been said that a cohesive team can beat a talented one. guess we'll see what the season turns up. either way, they're being smart in only giving out 1 year contracts at least...

Agreed!! I think they just gave Sacre a 2 year deal, but he deserves it and it's not for much!! Gotta preserve the cap space for 2014!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Trojanfan12. Speaking of Sacre, I am glad he signed up again because the guy wants to play for the Lakers and he is going to surprise some people this year especially if Madsen becomes an assistant coach. I think he may be a good player to watch and he may develop into a pretty good big. This could be real good with Pau, Kaman, and Sacre!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the plan isn't to tank then we're going to need Metta, or someone like Ariza because we cannot afford to have Kobe as our #1 perimeter defender AND #1 scoring option. He won't be able to maintain that.

Now that we have 4 decent guards in Meeks, Farmar, Blake and Nash, is the plan to skip out on the SF position and throw Kobe in there? Much to early to assume but something that caught my curiousity.