• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Filling out the roster

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got done watching a video of an interview of Jim Buss watching the summer league. That dude is dumber and more brain dead than I had anticipated. What a freakin' dope!!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got done watching a video of an interview of Jim Buss watching the summer league. That dude is dumber and more brain dead than I had anticipated. What a freakin' dope!!!

I actually came away from that interview feeling a little better about Jim Buss. I thought he came across pretty well. Would still rather see the Jeannie/Phil coup though!

I think Wes Johnson may end up being a very productive player for the Lakers. We've seen players like Clark and Hill, former first round picks, start living up to their potential when given a real opportunity to play. Johnson should get that here. He played decent for Phoenix the last couple months of the season when made a starter. I think he's a better perimeter shooter than his stats indicate. He did shoot almost 36% from deep his rookie season. He should be getting good perimeter looks in MDA's offense. He has something like a 7'2" wingspan. With that and his youth and athleticism, he may well be the perimeter defender that the Lakers need. I look forward to seeing what Wes can do.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree with Wes Johnson. And I think Nick Young and Jordon Farmar are really going to click because they want to be Lakers. Same for Kaman and others and I think this will be infectious and translate into wins.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually came away from that interview feeling a little better about Jim Buss. I thought he came across pretty well. Would still rather see the Jeannie/Phil coup though!

I think Wes Johnson may end up being a very productive player for the Lakers. We've seen players like Clark and Hill, former first round picks, start living up to their potential when given a real opportunity to play. Johnson should get that here. He played decent for Phoenix the last couple months of the season when made a starter. I think he's a better perimeter shooter than his stats indicate. He did shoot almost 36% from deep his rookie season. He should be getting good perimeter looks in MDA's offense. He has something like a 7'2" wingspan. With that and his youth and athleticism, he may well be the perimeter defender that the Lakers need. I look forward to seeing what Wes can do.

I thought Short Buss came off pretty well in that interview too!! He actually came off well enough that I am thinking that one of 4 things must be going on!!

1.) He has learned his lesson and is letting Mitch do his job!!

2.) Jeannie/Phil/Mitch are running the basketball side, but letting Short Buss be the figurehead!!

3.) He's not as dumb as we thought (I consider this least likely)!!

4.) He's been reading the Lakers boards on SportsHoopla!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all of the hype and Jim Buss's stupid bet that Kobe will be back for preseason, Kobe has announced while vacationing in Italy that a more realistic return date will be November-December. Buss did state that he'd leave it to Kobe to decide when his return is best.

Like I have been stating all along even back to when we were still over on SeeBS, the nature of the Achilles injury is closer to a year to 18 months. And this is getting closer for Kobe to that time frame. As Chauncey Billups has discovered, that time frame is closer to reality and Kobe is discovering the same. I suggest he may be back closer to January-February if that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have hired Mark Madsen and Larry Lewis as assistant coaches primarily responsible for development of players. Kurt Rambis should be next.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Buss looks like a guy who you would find selling weed under a pier in Redondo Beach. He seems as lost in the world of basketball as Frank Mc court did in baseball. I don't really know what his role is with the Lakers, but he needs to stay away from the decision making end of things.

I would put him in charge of the program vendors. I can't imagine Phil Jackson ever working for that guy. Watching Dwight Howard shoot Free Throws is more fun than imaging Little Buss banging into the walls of the Laker offices.

I believe this current group of Lakers is going to be faster, more athletic and play with more heart, but I can't imagine them making the playoffs without Kobe until January or February. It will be a transition year and hopefully Jeannie will amnesty Little Buss next season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have hired Mark Madsen and Larry Lewis as assistant coaches primarily responsible for development of players. Kurt Rambis should be next.

Johnny Davis expected to be hired as an assistant as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Silas. He reminds me of a ********* you find snooping around school yards at 2 in the afternoon. He was dumb enough to state that he thinks Kobe would be back in the PRESEASON. I said out loud: "WTH". Kobe recently stated that realistically it'll be closer to November/December and may be even January.

Like you stated Silas, the man is completely a social anomaly (nitwit) and almost creepy weird. Freakin' dumbass!!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CDR has played OK, but hasn't really been impressive. I'd like to see Michael Snaer and Landry get real shots at the roster, and at the very least, training camp invites. Harris is a nice hustle player as well, but I'm not sure where he'll fit.

PG: Nash, Blake, Farmar (once the buyout is finalized)
SG: Kobe, Meeks, Snaer?
SF: Young, Johnson, Landry/Harris?
PF: Hill, Kelly, Odom/Gooden?
C: Gasol, Kaman, Sacre

If Gasol is going to be the starting Center, I hope that Kelly can beat out Hill. I think we need a stretch 4 in this system.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gasol is going to be the starting Center, I hope that Kelly can beat out Hill. I think we need a stretch 4 in this system.

A stretch 4 would be ideal, but it might not be Kelly. Lakers tried out Austin Daye recently, he could play SF or PF. Of course, Odom and Gooden are still out there as well, among others.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stretch 4 would be ideal, but it might not be Kelly. Lakers tried out Austin Daye recently, he could play SF or PF. Of course, Odom and Gooden are still out there as well, among others.

Austin Daye would be a good stretch-4 fit for MDA's offense. He shot over 41% from deep last season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Daye would be a good stretch-4 fit for MDA's offense. He shot over 41% from deep last season.

You didn't watch the Pistons at all the last couple of years, did you? Good and Daye don't belong together.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elias Harris signed to a 2 year deal (1st guaranteed). Former teammate of Sacre's at Gonzaga (and this year's summer league team). Solid hustle rebounder and athlete, not much of a perimeter threat to this point.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping these young bloods step up and come out balling. Let's show Earl Clark it isn't the player, it's the franchise.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Harris a couple of times on Summer league ballgames. That was a good signing. Beats the hell out of Chris Duhon or may be even Morris. To be fair, I've always liked Darius and I think he just needs more minutes to really get his game going and to learn how to play D. With Dont'knowi, that's next to an impossibility but I think with Rambis and Madsen around, Morris's game would eventually be pretty decent.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Harris a couple of times on Summer league ballgames. That was a good signing. Beats the hell out of Chris Duhon or may be even Morris. To be fair, I've always liked Darius and I think he just needs more minutes to really get his game going and to learn how to play D. With Dont'knowi, that's next to an impossibility but I think with Rambis and Madsen around, Morris's game would eventually be pretty decent.

lol yeah it'll be interesting to see which players step up/flourish under D'Antoni IF any do at all. but hell, i figure it like this, at least that'll keep our interest level up...