• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Filling out the roster

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would like to see lamar odom back. not sure how many spots are left

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree CL67. I think players will win despite Don'tknowi. I think they will respond more to guys like Rambis and Madsen because both have rings and Don'tknowi is once again Dont'knowi in yet another category!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Trojanfight: I see that you are new here on the Lakers pages. Welcome. I am one of the modulators (Mods) here on SportsHoopla and I have some info for you that will assist and enhance your experience here. Please read the following and let me know that you have.

Once you get past the 25 post mark in posts, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found in the same "UserCP" menu bar at the top of this page on the left.

Here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin' (which I am sure you are not) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure you are not). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous. We all love the Rams as I'm sure you do as well.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla-wide, Alternative names and accounts or ALt's are not TOLERATED. First offense, banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I. If you have any questions or comments, you know where to find me.

Once again, trojanfight welcome to the SportsHoopla, the best damn Sports talk site on the web bar none!!.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Trojanfight: I see that you are new here on the Lakers pages. Welcome. I am one of the modulators (Mods) here on SportsHoopla and I have some info for you that will assist and enhance your experience here. Please read the following and let me know that you have.

Once you get past the 25 post mark in posts, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found in the same "UserCP" menu bar at the top of this page on the left.

Here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin' (which I am sure you are not) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure you are not). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous. We all love the Rams as I'm sure you do as well.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla-wide, Alternative names and accounts or ALt's are not TOLERATED. First offense, banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I. If you have any questions or comments, you know where to find me.

Once again, trojanfight welcome to the SportsHoopla, the best damn Sports talk site on the web bar none!!.

in other words, you're saying i should leave a couple of "people" on ignore and have done with it. very well...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily CL67. The decision to put people on "ignore" is entirely yours because when it comes to one individual or several from the Heat board most do not fit the SportsHoopla definition of violations to the point of banishment.

Your's and other's banter with Heat fans is entirely within the scope of the rules as stated in the quote. Those rules are given to newbies to get them all on the same page and to remind the vets here what is acceptable and what isn't.

Again, you decide to continue or ignore. From what I have witnessed, violations on these pages have not been generated. If I am overruled by other mods or admins, so be it, but as of now you can continue with the status quo when they all return or you can ignore.

If violations arise, you'll definitely here from me or somebody but right now, things are cool. I'll be in touch.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks, man. but i think i'll just leave 'em there anyhow...

better to have fun and let jackasses be jackasses, if you know what i mean...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking to get any hopes up, but.......

On his radio show this morning, Dan Patrick stated that he believes that Phil Jackson will Be back in the Lakers organization, but not as coach!! He didn't give a timeframe and didn't site any sources, he said it was a "feeling"!!

Over the time that I have listened to him, he is typically pretty darn accurate when he says things like that!! He particularly cited the hirings of Kurt Rambis and Mark Madsen!! He envisions Phil doing like Pat Riley and hiring a "protege"!!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking to get any hopes up, but.......

On his radio show this morning, Dan Patrick stated that he believes that Phil Jackson will Be back in the Lakers organization, but not as coach!! He didn't give a timeframe and didn't site any sources, he said it was a "feeling"!!

Over the time that I have listened to him, he is typically pretty darn accurate when he says things like that!! He particularly cited the hirings of Kurt Rambis and Mark Madsen!! He envisions Phil doing like Pat Riley and hiring a "protege"!!

should be interesting then IF he's right. maybe we could all do a thread on when everyone thinks PJ will step in...though i'm not all that sure he'd do it THIS season...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have signed Marcus Landry and provided a camp invite to C. Douglas-Roberts as well. Landry fills out the last of the roster spots as the Lakers are going to go into the season with 14 members on their roster with one vacant spot for Kobe.

Landry led the summer league and scoring and three-point shooting. If nothing else, with Kelly, Farmar, Young, Landry, and Johnson, the Lakers are going to be a way-better three-point shooting club than last year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's accurate, Retroram52. The Lakers currently have 14 players including Kobe (13 signed plus Kelly):

PG: Nash, Blake, Farmar
SG: Kobe, Meeks
SF: Young, Johnson, Landry
PF: Hill, Kelly, Harris
C: Gasol, Kaman, Sacre

Kobe is under contract so he uses a roster spot. They may keep the roster spot open into the season, or maybe someone plays their way onto the roster in the preseason. I believe that Shawne Williams has a preseason invite as well as CDR (or was that just a rumor)?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No error to my knowledge on the camp invite to CDR. Yea I saw the Shawne Williams invite as well. On the roster spot, the article I am parroting did not mention how they are treating Kobe's roster spot. You may be correct on the available spots.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To clarify, I was questioning my own info on Shawne, not the CDR invite.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the optimism but just take it with a cautious grain Lakersrule, especially with this injury!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the optimism but just take it with a cautious grain Lakersrule, especially with this injury!

lol, yeah with THAT kind of injury you have to. it isn't like he simply sprained an ankle or something. and i can tell you most players would be contemplating retirement...ESPECIALLY with as much time in as Kobe has put into the game...

even with all his faults the guy's ALWAYS been a warrior on the floor. his body imo is gonna have to break down 100% before he ever thinks of hanging 'em up...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I realize the severity of this type of injury. However, this is the first I'm hearing of Kobe getting an innovative surgery for repairing the achilles. Couple that with Kobe indicating that he is well ahead of the recovery time table and I think there is good reason for the optimism. I would still be surprised if he is ready for game 1 of the regular season, but I don't think he'll miss as many games as a lot of people originally thought.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone taking note of these subtle jabs the Lakers are taking at Dwight?

“There was just a lot of factors last year that won’t come up this year,” D’Antoni said. “I even told (Gasol), you make decisions based a lot of times on the future that probably, if you were just doing the competitive, basketball thing, the decision would have been something else.”

Sounds like coach would have rather ran the offense through Pau last season than Dwight. That issue "won't come up this year."

“I thought the games that Pau and I played together where Dwight didn’t play, I thought we really played well together and the offense really flowed,” Nash told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “So, I’m not concerned about that. That’s going to be great.”

Sounds like Nash feels he has better chemistry with Pau than Dwight.

“I just see them kind of blending in together pretty easily,” D’Antoni said. “A lot easier than it was last year (with Howard), let’s put it that way.”

Coach thinks Kaman and Pau will mesh together a lot better than Pau and Dwight did.

Dwight's departure could mean Pau's resurgence - Los Angeles Lakers Blog - ESPN Los Angeles

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau is an excellent player, I have always thought so. He should be fine and play harder and better now that he is THE big man on this team.