• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's Offseason thread 2022

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, first I would to thank you guys for all of your help throughout the season and last off season. Because of that, I won my main league this year. I appreciate all of you who chimed in and pretended to have some sort of interest in my dilemmas from this past year.

So, now that the season is in the books, I have to look towards next year. We cut our rosters down to 5 players on Super Bowl Sunday. At least 1 of those players has to be an IDP, so I will need 4 of the following players. Ultimately, we will cut down to 3 total players to keep for next season (again, 1 IDP, so 2 offensive players), but those are not declared until sometime in July or August. We will be allowed to trade, but only after we cut down to 5. I have some tough decisions to make...

Patrick Mahomes - I think his trade value is solid and if I can't deal him, I can keep him for as long as I want.
Ezekiel Elliott - will still be the featured back in Dallas, but is starting to break down a bit.
Saquan Barkley - Value is all over the place. Heard rumors that they may try to trade him this off season and that would make sense. If he goes somewhere that will use him, he could get back to being an elite FF RB.
Davante Adams - Must keep if he stays in GB with Rodgers.
Stephon Diggs - Probably doesn't make the cut on this team
Deebo Samuel - Leaning towards dropping him, but really on the fence.
Mark Andrews - Some early rankings have him as the #1 TE for next year. I'm not sure I can keep a TE, though. Especially with the other options I have.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you fill us in on the scoring and roster requirements/starters, league size etc,
So, first I would to thank you guys for all of your help throughout the season and last off season. Because of that, I won my main league this year. I appreciate all of you who chimed in and pretended to have some sort of interest in my dilemmas from this past year.

So, now that the season is in the books, I have to look towards next year. We cut our rosters down to 5 players on Super Bowl Sunday. At least 1 of those players has to be an IDP, so I will need 4 of the following players. Ultimately, we will cut down to 3 total players to keep for next season (again, 1 IDP, so 2 offensive players), but those are not declared until sometime in July or August. We will be allowed to trade, but only after we cut down to 5. I have some tough decisions to make...

Patrick Mahomes - I think his trade value is solid and if I can't deal him, I can keep him for as long as I want.
Ezekiel Elliott - will still be the featured back in Dallas, but is starting to break down a bit.
Saquan Barkley - Value is all over the place. Heard rumors that they may try to trade him this off season and that would make sense. If he goes somewhere that will use him, he could get back to being an elite FF RB.
Mark Andrews - Some early rankings have him as the #1 TE for next year. I'm not sure I can keep a TE, though. Especially with the other options I have.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you fill us in on the scoring and roster requirements/starters, league size etc,
PPR with bonus points for long TDs (over 40 yards). Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 flex (RWT), 1 K, 1 P, 7 IDPs, 7 bench. 12 teams.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR with bonus points for long TDs (over 40 yards). Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 flex (RWT), 1 K, 1 P, 7 IDPs, 7 bench. 12 teams.
Passing tds 6? Any qb bonuses? Or same over 40?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think those bolded would be my early thoughts. Barkley and Elliot are the hard ones for me and when the cut to 3 comes, I likely would cast them back or work on a trade for whichever (or both) - perhaps package for a younger upgrade? Elliot was still solid, but as you say he's in decline. Barkley, not what anyone wanted from him and he plays for a crappy team so if he moves he could be in position to do well.
I also think you have to look hard at what happens in GB with Adams - if he goes to a team with a crappy QB (for the $$) then his value will surely drop.
Just my early thoughts on the matter, though I must say it's a promising position to be in - well done putting it together.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly leaning towards keeping Barkley at the moment. I feel like he has a super high ceiling, especially if he does get dealt to another team or if the Giants somehow fix their line and get a QB (they should have 2 high first round picks). And if not, I will have a couple other options for keeping when it is time to cut to 3. I think I can afford to wait and see what happens there without too much risk.

I have been thinking about this on and off for a few weeks and am leaning towards Mahomes, Adams, and Barkley for sure at the moment. My 4th is all over the place, but battling between Zeke and Deebo right now. I have a little over a month to change my mind about 25 times, though, which I am pretty sure I will do.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly leaning towards keeping Barkley at the moment. I feel like he has a super high ceiling, especially if he does get dealt to another team or if the Giants somehow fix their line and get a QB (they should have 2 high first round picks). And if not, I will have a couple other options for keeping when it is time to cut to 3. I think I can afford to wait and see what happens there without too much risk.

I have been thinking about this on and off for a few weeks and am leaning towards Mahomes, Adams, and Barkley for sure at the moment. My 4th is all over the place, but battling between Zeke and Deebo right now. I have a little over a month to change my mind about 25 times, though, which I am pretty sure I will do.
I agree with @leftypower

But if it came down to me deciding to keep Barkley, then as hard as it may be, I'd be dropping Andrews................Deebo has been too good to drop IMO

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you can’t trade now and that even though you are cutting down to 4 of these players you only keep 2. And because you can only trade after you cut down to 4 of these players. I would keep whoever are your top 4 players in any redraft.

Which would probably be zeke, Barkley adams.

And the 4th would probably be deebo. But not sure if he would be higher than diggs or andrews.

I would ask you whether your league likes qbs or not. And if there will be any interest by others to trade for Mahomes.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that whoever I drop from this group (and maybe a couple others that I am dropping) will be a 1st round pick in my draft come August.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you can’t trade now and that even though you are cutting down to 4 of these players you only keep 2. And because you can only trade after you cut down to 4 of these players. I would keep whoever are your top 4 players in any redraft.

Which would probably be zeke, Barkley adams.

And the 4th would probably be deebo. But not sure if he would be higher than diggs or andrews.

I would ask you whether your league likes qbs or not. And if there will be any interest by others to trade for Mahomes.
I feel like Mahomes and maybe Adams would be the only players that I could work out a deal for. Since we ultimately keep 2, I don't see many teams having a need to deal picks for a keeper. Most people are either set, or just not very active in the trade front and it is very possible that I am unable to work anything out and have to drop 2 of these guys.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Mahomes and maybe Adams would be the only players that I could work out a deal for. Since we ultimately keep 2, I don't see many teams having a need to deal picks for a keeper. Most people are either set, or just not very active in the trade front and it is very possible that I am unable to work anything out and have to drop 2 of these guys.

That’s what I assumed. These trades sound unlikely as you really only keep 2. You basically have to hope for a big injury. Like the Akers injury last season. To really create a trade opportunity. Unless someone really wants Mahomes. Which is very possible

So for just trade value I would probably keep Mahomes.

And I would definitely be keeping zeke, Barkley and Adams.

Tough to throw back deebo and diggs. But think you have to.

Especially because if you do trade it will most likely be Mahomes paired with one of your kept RBs for a safer rb.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pencil in andrews and adams
Imho.

Then its a real toss up with the rbs and mahomes. Nice to have mahomes… but can usually find qb value

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pencil in andrews and adams
Imho.

Then its a real toss up with the rbs and mahomes. Nice to have mahomes… but can usually find qb value

as much as we all love andrews, he is not keepable... especially since there is no way his value will go up from where it is now, and will most likely go down, especially since this is not a dynasty, and the hype train for a guy like Pitts will just increase... and he would not make the top 2 unless the other options are hurt...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what I assumed. These trades sound unlikely as you really only keep 2. You basically have to hope for a big injury. Like the Akers injury last season. To really create a trade opportunity. Unless someone really wants Mahomes. Which is very possible

So for just trade value I would probably keep Mahomes.

And I would definitely be keeping zeke, Barkley and Adams.

Tough to throw back deebo and diggs. But think you have to.

Especially because if you do trade it will most likely be Mahomes paired with one of your kept RBs for a safer rb.
We can trade for draft picks, which is probably what I would end up doing. I doubt I will be able to get a 1st from anyone because of need, but even a 3rd or 4th would be better than throwing someone back in the pool and getting nothing. We can also trade 2023 picks, so maybe a 3 this year and a 3 next year or something like that may be possible.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can trade for draft picks, which is probably what I would end up doing. I doubt I will be able to get a 1st from anyone because of need, but even a 3rd or 4th would be better than throwing someone back in the pool and getting nothing. We can also trade 2023 picks, so maybe a 3 this year and a 3 next year or something like that may be possible.

no way you will get a first... unless a team has ZERO keepers at the time that keepers are due...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as we all love andrews, he is not keepable... especially since there is no way his value will go up from where it is now, and will most likely go down, especially since this is not a dynasty, and the hype train for a guy like Pitts will just increase... and he would not make the top 2 unless the other options are hurt...
its more locking up an elite tight end in a 12 team league. Im becoming a fan of having that edge

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man id happily shop some of those guys for extra 3rd and 4th round picks in redraft, even with keepers.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying he isn't talented - just that since his first 2 seasons, he has not performed as expected (or desired) due to injuries and bad offense - IMO he's fast approaching the 'injury prone' label which isn't a good one to have when looking for a job. .....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its more locking up an elite tight end in a 12 team league. Im becoming a fan of having that edge

i am not opposed to that, as i kept mandrews in my 10 team league last year where we kept 2... but i feel like in this situation it is different...

the way i would handle keepers in this league, is i would decide my top 2, which i think here would be Adams and one of the Rbs...

and then the other 2 will comprise of one back up in case something goes wrong with my top 2 and then the 4th would be the player that i believe paired with either of my top 2 could be traded for an improvement on that player...

IMO Mahomes has the highest trade ceiling of any potential keeper in this league because there is always someone that wants to have the BEST QB...

which that is also the problem with Andrews, he will never be seen as the top TE, even though he was this season... so i just dont see him to have any trade value... so he just doesnt add value to his top 2 keepers whoever they will be...

also, of all his players potentially being kept, Andrews is the most likely to reach him in the second round of the draft(i guess it would be the 4th)...

this is JMO, but thats at least the way i see it