• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Reads

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished Iron Gold (Red Rising 4). Not really as much of a fan of this book as I was the last three but it's still pretty good. Some inexplicable choices and out of character moments litter the story this time. He's moved to more of a Martin multiple POV type format instead of it moving entirely through Darrow.

Started Dark Age (RR5). So far it's about the same as Iron Gold.
I accidentally picked up Dark Age off my bookshelf instead of Iron Gold...80 pages in I realized my mistake.

I'm a fucking idiot.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I accidentally picked up Dark Age off my bookshelf instead of Iron Gold...80 pages in I realized my mistake.

I'm a fucking idiot.
Lol. I did the same thing one time with a series. Except I tried starting it on book 11 or some shit. It was that Terry Goodkind facist manifesto. I can't remember the name.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finished Iron Gold, really well written and I love where Brown is taking the story. Now that there are competing "heroes" who do you pull for? The old favorites or the new class? Looking forward to getting into Dark Age soon, but I have some other library books on my table I need to read.

Next will be a John La Carre book

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About to start Follett's new one, The Evening and the Morning. Been waiting forever for this one. I've got a massive book-boner right now.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finished Iron Gold, really well written and I love where Brown is taking the story. Now that there are competing "heroes" who do you pull for? The old favorites or the new class? Looking forward to getting into Dark Age soon, but I have some other library books on my table I need to read.

Next will be a John La Carre book
Dark Age is pretty good.

I do like that he's muddying the waters some. And he isn't fucking it up like GRRM with too many characters/storylines.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polished off the last of John Sandford's Prey series.

Moving on to his Kidd series (4 books) before I do his Virgil Flowers series (12 books).

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Age is pretty good.

I do like that he's muddying the waters some. And he isn't fucking it up like GRRM with too many characters/storylines.
it feels like there will eventually be a standoff between Darrow and Lysander and we are going to have to choose a side there...Lysander is looking better and better.

I have not started Dark Age yet. Maybe by the end of the year.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it feels like there will eventually be a standoff between Darrow and Lysander and we are going to have to choose a side there...Lysander is looking better and better.

I have not started Dark Age yet. Maybe by the end of the year.
Yeah, definitely moving in that direction. I'm team goblin though.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, definitely moving in that direction. I'm team goblin though.
I mean, why wouldn't you be?

I went back and read the first volume of the Sons of Ares graphic novel, which gives the back story of Fitchner and the birth of Sevro. Not great, but interesting to have some back story.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, why wouldn't you be?

I went back and read the first volume of the Sons of Ares graphic novel, which gives the back story of Fitchner and the birth of Sevro. Not great, but interesting to have some back story.
I never touch graphic novels. I don't know why really other than I was never a comic book guy.

I'm surprised that I ended up liking this series as much as I did. I honestly wrote it off as a hunger games rip off at the beginning. It's so much more than that. Really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the final book.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through Evan Curries Superhuman trilogy again. It is a hoot.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never touch graphic novels. I don't know why really other than I was never a comic book guy.

I'm surprised that I ended up liking this series as much as I did. I honestly wrote it off as a hunger games rip off at the beginning. It's so much more than that. Really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the final book.
Brown is really good writer. The language he uses throughout the series is just top notch. The descriptions, the prose, just really works for me.

plus the story, with all the characters, really holds together. I am looking forward to seeing where he goes when he is done with this trilogy.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you going to read Outlander next?
Ha. Not a chance. My wife makes me watch that god awful show with her. Awkward too. She keeps yelling "I'm coming Jamie!" and running into walls.

I'm a sucker for historical fiction and Tidelands was $1.99. Reads like straight up historical fiction rather than a romance. It's actually not bad.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. Not a chance. My wife makes me watch that god awful show with her. Awkward too. She keeps yelling "I'm coming Jamie!" and running into walls.

I'm a sucker for historical fiction and Tidelands was $1.99. Reads like straight up historical fiction rather than a romance. It's actually not bad.
never tried any historical fiction...hasn't really been my thing.

my mom read a bunch of the Gregory stuff and loved it

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading some of these online translations of chinese novels, and although they're all trash they've been pretty fun reading too. The best one I've read is A Will Eternal. I've read 5-6 different ones and they're all between 1300-3000 "chapters" with each chapter being maybe 2-3 book pages in length. But there's a lot of repitition to them kind of like episodes of a dragonball cartoon back in the day. They originally post 1-2 chapters per day and some of these people pay money or subscriptions to get each chapter. I personally M only ones that are finished.