• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Reads

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's somewhat trashy urban fantasy but they are a lot of fun. I'd recommend reading at least the first one. They go quickly

Not everything has to be the balls out heaviest fucking read going.

Guilty pleasures are allowed.

Reading is the important thing.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everything has to be the balls out heaviest fucking read going.

Guilty pleasures are allowed.

Reading is the important thing.
oh for sure.

but I don't want to downplay the series because they are really well written and fun. Butcher still writes some really good stuff. I have read the first 2 books from Codec Alara and the Aeronaut series.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's official.

Doors of Stone - August 20

I'm trying to decide if I care at this point.
I don't know if I believe this just yet...

One Good Thing

Also, when I think of writing a blog, all I can think of is the fact that I haven’t written *anything* here in the last six months. Hell, I’ve barely written much in the last 2-3 years.

It’s so different than it used to be back in the day: I used to post at least once or twice a week, telling y’all little stories about what was going on with me. My adventures as a fledgling author. I enjoyed sharing little pieces of my life, and odds are, if something interesting or important happened, y’all would hear about it here.

But for a long while now, a lot of what’s been going on with me… talking about it just hasn’t been appropriate. Most of the big events in my personal life are depressing, or not entirely mine to share.

On the other hand there’s my professional life. There have been big things there too, many of them centering around the development deal with Lionsgate, and the show I was working on with John Rodgers for Showtime. Those things have been a big part of my life for years, taking up a ton of time, energy, and headspace. (Hell, just negotiating the contract with Lionsgate took me nearly 18 months.)

Was it interesting? Absolutely. New? Terrifyingly so. Were there stories to tell? Very yes. Once Flavor Flav stopped me in my hotel lobby and told me I really looked like an old friend of his. I actually worked with Sam Raimi. (He’s really nice.) I got to be in a writer’s room for the first time. In fact, I’ve been in more than one.

The problem is this: A lot of times I wasn’t legally allowed to talk about some of those things. Like one of the writer’s rooms I was in. Signed a big NDA. Just not allowed to say.

Even when it wasn’t illegal for me to talk about, a lot of times it would have been really unforgivably rude. Like when I met Raimi, we talked a couple times *long* before Lionsgate ever made the announcement that he was involved in the movie. So I couldn’t just go on my blog and tell y’all about how he was really nice and also he gave me a lemon.

(Also, for those of you who haven’t been following the news. Raimi isn’t involved in the project any more. It just didn’t work out.)

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I believe this just yet...

One Good Thing

Also, when I think of writing a blog, all I can think of is the fact that I haven’t written *anything* here in the last six months. Hell, I’ve barely written much in the last 2-3 years.

It’s so different than it used to be back in the day: I used to post at least once or twice a week, telling y’all little stories about what was going on with me. My adventures as a fledgling author. I enjoyed sharing little pieces of my life, and odds are, if something interesting or important happened, y’all would hear about it here.

But for a long while now, a lot of what’s been going on with me… talking about it just hasn’t been appropriate. Most of the big events in my personal life are depressing, or not entirely mine to share.

On the other hand there’s my professional life. There have been big things there too, many of them centering around the development deal with Lionsgate, and the show I was working on with John Rodgers for Showtime. Those things have been a big part of my life for years, taking up a ton of time, energy, and headspace. (Hell, just negotiating the contract with Lionsgate took me nearly 18 months.)

Was it interesting? Absolutely. New? Terrifyingly so. Were there stories to tell? Very yes. Once Flavor Flav stopped me in my hotel lobby and told me I really looked like an old friend of his. I actually worked with Sam Raimi. (He’s really nice.) I got to be in a writer’s room for the first time. In fact, I’ve been in more than one.

The problem is this: A lot of times I wasn’t legally allowed to talk about some of those things. Like one of the writer’s rooms I was in. Signed a big NDA. Just not allowed to say.

Even when it wasn’t illegal for me to talk about, a lot of times it would have been really unforgivably rude. Like when I met Raimi, we talked a couple times *long* before Lionsgate ever made the announcement that he was involved in the movie. So I couldn’t just go on my blog and tell y’all about how he was really nice and also he gave me a lemon.

(Also, for those of you who haven’t been following the news. Raimi isn’t involved in the project any more. It just didn’t work out.)
Lol. Wouldn't surprise me if it was all bullshit with this guy.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Wouldn't surprise me if it was all bullshit with this guy.
I mean, I googled the release date for Doors of Stone and didn't really find much outside of Amazon set a date...and that seems fishy since I have seen no other sources, including the author himself...

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I googled the release date for Doors of Stone and didn't really find much outside of Amazon set a date...and that seems fishy since I have seen no other sources, including the author himself...
Right. I believe the article I read pointed toward Amazon as well. So if that's the only source...

Especially seems odd that the author would be silent with a release date that close. At this point Ima walk back my post and pretend it didn't happen.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I believe the article I read pointed toward Amazon as well. So if that's the only source...

Especially seems odd that the author would be silent with a release date that close. At this point Ima walk back my post and pretend it didn't happen.
unfortunately, I can't walk my excitement boner back.

that ship has sailed.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am finishing up the latest Murder Bot Diaries novella right now.

Hoping to get a copy of the Dresden book next.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught up on all the Bosch books, been diving into the Alex Cross series. It’s alright but it’s tough to get into any other series the way I did Bosch or any other Connelly stories.

Several series I've enjoyed

Jack Reacher
Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter
Joe Pike Robert crais
King and Maxwell David Baldacci

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished Iron Gold (Red Rising 4). Not really as much of a fan of this book as I was the last three but it's still pretty good. Some inexplicable choices and out of character moments litter the story this time. He's moved to more of a Martin multiple POV type format instead of it moving entirely through Darrow.

Started Dark Age (RR5). So far it's about the same as Iron Gold.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished Iron Gold (Red Rising 4). Not really as much of a fan of this book as I was the last three but it's still pretty good. Some inexplicable choices and out of character moments litter the story this time. He's moved to more of a Martin multiple POV type format instead of it moving entirely through Darrow.

Started Dark Age (RR5). So far it's about the same as Iron Gold.
I have them on my shelf...I will get to them eventually.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been doing the Prey series by Sandford and Wilbur Smith African adventure.
Have read every word Wilbur Smith ever wrote until the recent ones and have reached my limit with the crass bullshit "he" is writing now. They do little to detract from the great books though, and there are many.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have mentioned, for any Wilbur Smith fans, check out Alan Scholefield

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have read every word Wilbur Smith ever wrote until the recent ones and have reached my limit with the crass bullshit "he" is writing now. They do little to detract from the great books though, and there are many.
Is he no longer a he?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Age hardcover is not something I want to bring to the pool with me.