• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Renewed and Canceled TV Shows

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only one of these I watched were Believe and Almost Human. Believe was kind of interesting at first, but I thought the plot moved way too slowly and ended up being kind of depressing to watch. Interesting concept, but I can understand why it didn't work out.

Almost Human getting ax'd is very disappointing. I liked the show and it reported to have viewership levels that could of had it renew for a 2nd season, but there was a reported financial dispute between Warner Bros TV and Fox involving it's production which led to this. Bummer. So few good shows like this on tv these days. The rest of all these shows that got axed I had never watched. Whatever...a lot of them were dogs that probably deserved it.

But by broadcast tv standards, it was one of the biggest bloodbaths in years for shows getting the ax. Some of it was to obviously free up slots for projects showing more promise, but a lot of this was crap that nobody obviously watched. How a lot of this stuff gets greenlighted, just makes you :L

The only thing I have any interesting in watching this fall is Gotham, but knowing Fox, they'll give it the Almost Human treatment.

Fox’s freshman series killed including “Rake,” “Dads,” “Enlisted,” “Surviving Jack” and “Almost Human” (which was cancelled April 29). It was announced in February that Simon Cowell’s “The X Factor” would not be returning, and that “Raising Hope” would come to an end after its fourth season.

NBC’s cult favorite “Community” was cancelled after five seasons, but it’s expected that producers Sony TV will shop the comedy elsewhere. Post-apocalyptic drama “Revolution” was also cancelled on Friday, having floundered without “The Voice” as a lead-in during its sophomore season.

NBC’s midseason dramas “Believe” and “Crisis,” and singlecam comedy “Growing Up Fisher” also failed to make the cut.

NBC announced the cancellations of “Ironside,” “Welcome to the Family,” “The Michael J. Fox Show” and “Sean Saves the World,” all of which were pulled from the schedule with unaired episodes remaining.

Freshman series “Trophy Wife,” starring Malin Akerman, was cancelled by ABC, along with Rebel Wilson’s “Super Fun Night,” and “Mixology.”

“Once Upon A Time” was renewed, spinoff “Once Upon A Time in Wonderland” was canceled back in March.

ABC’s “Suburgatory” was canceled after three seasons. It was two seasons and out for alien comedy “The Neighbors,”.

Over at The CW, young Carrie Bradshaw will not return to the screen as “The Carrie Diaries” was axed. Rookie series “The Tomorrow People” and “Star-Crossed” will also not return

Last edited by a moderator:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Revolution which is disappointing. The end of Community was kind of expected since they couldn't really do a lot more with it after the direction the show was headed (Jeff as a professor and everyone else about to graduate).

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland started out strong but after their hiatus the ratings started to slide and couldn't recover. Plus they put it in the same time slot as Big Bang Theory.

I thought The Tomorrow People was good when it came on Wednesday after Arrow.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ones of those I ever tried were Revolution and Being Human.

Both were garbage.

Cable and pay channels have spoiled network shows for me forever.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good I hated mixology...

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS axed:

The Crazy Ones
Friends with Better Lives
Bad Teacher
Intelligence
Hostages

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS axed:

The Crazy Ones
Bad Teacher
Intelligence
Hostages

Surprised to hear about FWBL. The cast had real chemistry. Crazy ones was awful. And that is coming from someone who is a fan of Robin Williams and SMG. Bad teacher had 1 show and is already cancelled? Never saw the other 2 or any of the ones mentioned in previous posts.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked FWBL and thought it would make at least a full season. Figured Crazy Ones would be cancelled long with intelligence and hostages. Bad Teacher was just terrible and only made it through 3 episodes.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS axed:

The Crazy Ones
Bad Teacher
Intelligence
Hostages

no surprise, only two of the group I ever watched and were horrible.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually upset Dads got axed... It was one of those shows with the potential of just pure stupid humor... with actors who didn't mind being a little wrong...

Other shows I am upset at being axed are almost human, rake, community, and the tomorrow people...

all the others I don't mind being axed even revolution which I liked to watch...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no surprise, only two of the group I ever watched and were horrible.

intelligence started off horrible, but it was actually getting pretty good... But even though I was beginning to like it I am not bothered by that show getting the axe... Hostages was pretty bad throughout...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS axed:

The Crazy Ones
Bad Teacher
Intelligence
Hostages

I LOVE CRAZY ONES. F U CBS
FWBL - I was on the fence about but last nights episode made me like it and BEEP YOU CBS
Bad Teacher - DOOMED from the start
Intelligence - BOOOOOOO, Liked the show and the lady was HOT
Hostages - stupid show

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see that "Almost Human" got the ax.. Too bad... I did like that one and liked the concept since I see this happening in a few years.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Once Upon A Time” was renewed

I don't how this still is around!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only 3 shows that I watch that were cancelled were Almost Human, Dracula and Intelligence. Almost Human upsets me. The only reason I watched Dracula is because the g/f wanted to watch it and it was easy enough since I watch Grimm and it was on right before it. Dracula to me was one of those shows that just plodded along very slowly and by the time it got good at the end, it was doomed to one season. Intelligence didn't shock me as I tried to get into it but just couldn't. The only other show that I watched that is gone now is HIMYM.

Of the new shows, nothing really looks exciting so far. I'd give Gotham a chance but with the way FOX treats a lot of its freshman shows, I might wait until it gets a second season to start checking it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking about new shows that I am happy did not get axed, is the Goldbergs... It makes me laugh sometimes more than some of the more popular comedies... I am a big fan of the older brother, his character is hilarious...