• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Reads

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading A Gentleman in Moscow. It's very enjoyable.
Ive heard good things about that and Rules of Civility.

I'm pretty biased as far as the whole ebook vs real book thing goes. There is no wrong answer, though. People should go with what makes them happy and what gets them to read more books.

Personally, I like reading non-fiction any way I can and I don't really get anything from having a book in my hands. Fiction, kids books, comic books, illustrated, sci-fi, fantasy, etc then I consider the physical cover, illustrations, dust jacket, etc to be part of the allure. I might be a hoarder but I've also lost so many digital games over the years that I just like having physical copies of things. If the video game market is any indication, having both markets available keeps the cost down for consumers. I do suspect there is going to be a major censorship wave coming in the next couple of decades when it comes to digital content (see: China!) but I'm not sure how much that impacts most people.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught up on all the Bosch books, been diving into the Alex Cross series. It’s alright but it’s tough to get into any other series the way I did Bosch or any other Connelly stories.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty biased as far as the whole ebook vs real book thing goes. There is no wrong answer, though. People should go with what makes them happy and what gets them to read more books.

Personally, I like reading non-fiction any way I can and I don't really get anything from having a book in my hands. Fiction, kids books, comic books, illustrated, sci-fi, fantasy, etc then I consider the physical cover, illustrations, dust jacket, etc to be part of the allure. I might be a hoarder but I've also lost so many digital games over the years that I just like having physical copies of things. If the video game market is any indication, having both markets available keeps the cost down for consumers. I do suspect there is going to be a major censorship wave coming in the next couple of decades when it comes to digital content (see: China!) but I'm not sure how much that impacts most people.
Gentleman in Moscow was very enjoyable. Very lighthearted, no real "conflicts" or anything and the story was still compelling. I'd recommend it.

the library has two apps for digital downloads (Overdrive and SportsHoopla) and I usually use Overdrive for my ebook borrows.

but, SportsHoopla has Christopher Moore's Fluke and I want to read it...but SportsHoopla doesn't play with the Kindle Paperwhite...

was trying to figure out how to get the SportsHoopla app on my old Kindle Fire last night, but no luck

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listened to Fluke over the weekend while I mowed the lawn and pressure washed the fence.

Moore always seems to throw in a scene that makes me crack up out loud. This time it was the old broad telling Clay about how she was giving her husband a blow job on the beach. Damn good.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught up on all the Bosch books, been diving into the Alex Cross series. It’s alright but it’s tough to get into any other series the way I did Bosch or any other Connelly stories.

Try John Sandford's Prey series and Jeffery Deavers' Lincoln Rhyme series..

Also James Lee Burke, Dave Robicheaux.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listened to Fluke over the weekend while I mowed the lawn and pressure washed the fence.

Moore always seems to throw in a scene that makes me crack up out loud. This time it was the old broad telling Clay about how she was giving her husband a blow job on the beach. Damn good.

I look forward to reading it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ian Rankin with John Rebus.

Top drawer if you haven't encountered him before.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finished the Myke Cole book. Pretty good. I enjoyed it and from the way it ended, there will be another.

started the last The Last Emperox by John Scalzi, the last book in the Interdependency Trilogy. I really enjoyed it. If you like good sci fi, do it.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I missed this...I LOVE the Stormlight Archives but I just wish he'd mke them a little smaller. When there's so many characters and storylines to follow, I like to re-read previous episodes. That's hard to do with this series.
Have you read all 4 books? I read the first two, have been kinda stonewalled with the third (I was 3/4ths of the way through, then didn't read it for like 8 months, so I figure I'll have to start over if I want to ever actually read it).

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finished the Myke Cole book. Pretty good. I enjoyed it and from the way it ended, there will be another.

started the last The Last Emperox by John Scalzi, the last book in the Interdependency Trilogy. I really enjoyed it. If you like good sci fi, do it.
You read pretty quickly. I'm envious.

How many books do you read a month? Or whatever timespan you want to use.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be-bop. Claybot here to report to duty.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read all 4 books? I read the first two, have been kinda stonewalled with the third (I was 3/4ths of the way through, then didn't read it for like 8 months, so I figure I'll have to start over if I want to ever actually read it).
I've read the first three. I reread the first one and then realized i was an idiot

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Book 4 (Rhythm of War) comes out in November, so you've got time to finish Oathbringer. I'm going back through the first 3 on Audible and have 4 on preorder, so I'm hoping to be able to go right into 4. If I finish earlier, I'll either keep working through the second Mistborn trilogy or a shorter stand alone.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't converse with alts.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been reading the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Stephen R Donaldson.

I think there are 9 books??? I’ve read them before. Started re- reading them about a month ago.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Scalzi.

Just need the library to open again..... Going to be soon too.