• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Hot Sauce Thread

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i donbt know , i dont use that shit, it would tear me up. She said theres liek 14 kinds by that guy thought

LOL ok, I thought it was your favorite hot sauce, that's why I asked :suds: I would NEVER try something like that, based on the name alone lol

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found a sauce that I would like to introduce to you all...

61hcjtu9ful._sl1500_.jpg

It is a "Sriracha" made from serrano peppers. Just tried it for the first time a few minutes ago and I'm VERY impressed. It definitely has a serious heat, but it doesn't seem to last on the palate like many other hot sauces do. Tasty and hot, good combo in my book!!! :suds:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone mention marie sharps in this thread yet? friend of my wifes in chicago gave her a bottle.....good stuff

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got two primary hot sauces at the house right now that are relatively new to me, plus a few older ones that I get around to every now & then.

The two I am using now are: U-KUVA i-AFRICA Smoked Habanero Hot sauce & ALABAMA SUNSHINE XXX Black Label Red Habanero Hot Sauce.

The U-KUVA has a complex, smokey-sweet flavor with a medium kick that goes well with roasts or chicken. Its ingredient list is composed of white sugar, bell peppers, habanero brine (28%), smoked baby chilies (4%), garlic, lemon juice, coriander, smoked red habaneros (1.3%), salt, smoked paprika, thickener & xanthan gum.

The ALABAMA SUNSHINE has a nice flavor and a really good burn! It is made of red habaneros, vinegar, water, sugar, salt, xanthan gum, garlic, olive oil, alum, turmeric, potassium sulfate & sodium benzoate.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since my travels to Malaysia last year & in 2018, I've been eating the sh!t outta these:

81SZ4P2uTIL._SX425_.jpg

Amazing good. I can typically only find the Garlic/Medium bottle here in the states, but they are all delicious! A little pricey but not too bad. ~$6 for 9.2oz bottle. Its meant to be used in moderation, but I've been eating it like ketchup.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried the black sauce and honestly didn't care for it. I added it to some bbq sauces to make it more palpable. What were you making with it?

Actually have to agree with you, the more I have it, the less I like the black sauce, but the Caribbean is REALLY good... Fruity, spicy, tasty :2cents:

My new favorite is Underwood Ranches Sriracha. These are the people who used to grow peppers exclusively for Huy Fong Sriracha. There was a lawsuit and now after almost going bankrupt, they make their own(and some other amazing sauces too)... This is also why people say the Huy Fong Sriracha doesn't quite taste the same anymore, they are using peppers grown in a different area, so it makes sense.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since my travels to Malaysia last year & in 2018, I've been eating the sh!t outta these:

81SZ4P2uTIL._SX425_.jpg

Amazing good. I can typically only find the Garlic/Medium bottle here in the states, but they are all delicious! A little pricey but not too bad. ~$6 for 9.2oz bottle. Its meant to be used in moderation, but I've been eating it like ketchup.
You can get them all from Nando's. Honestly, the Extra Hot an the XX-Hot are the only ones I might consider for home use. At the restaurant, you're meant to put them on your chicken mostly, and the hots and garlic are really the only options. There are a lot of peri-peri sauces out there, if you look for them.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually have to agree with you, the more I have it, the less I like the black sauce, but the Caribbean is REALLY good... Fruity, spicy, tasty :2cents:

My new favorite is Underwood Ranches Sriracha. These are the people who used to grow peppers exclusively for Huy Fong Sriracha. There was a lawsuit and now after almost going bankrupt, they make their own(and some other amazing sauces too)... This is also why people say the Huy Fong Sriracha doesn't quite taste the same anymore, they are using peppers grown in a different area, so it makes sense.
Always keep Sriracha on hand, but I tend to agree that its not necessarily a tasty sauce compared to others. For me it's more about just adding general heat with a bland flavor that I don't want overpowering other stuff in my recipes. Still go through quite a bit of it though.

Will have to check out Underwood Ranch. Always interested in new product! Thanks for the rec!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get them all from Nando's. Honestly, the Extra Hot an the XX-Hot are the only ones I might consider for home use. At the restaurant, you're meant to put them on your chicken mostly, and the hots and garlic are really the only options. There are a lot of peri-peri sauces out there, if you look for them.
Never seen the Extra Hot or XX-Hot bottles. Going to have to order me up some!

I've been looking just about everywhere I go to look for more peri-peri type sauces. I've found plenty, but more often than not they're in a smaller 4-6oz bottle and equal price to the 9.2oz Nando's. Since I go through so much of it I have to put a premium of price per quantity lol. Once I find an equal or cheaper option I'll happily give it a try.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen the Extra Hot or XX-Hot bottles. Going to have to order me up some!

I've been looking just about everywhere I go to look for more peri-peri type sauces. I've found plenty, but more often than not they're in a smaller 4-6oz bottle and equal price to the 9.2oz Nando's. Since I go through so much of it I have to put a premium of price per quantity lol. Once I find an equal or cheaper option I'll happily give it a try.
Ha- you're a real aficionado, if you gotta have it in the 9oz bottle! You know what you like, I guess. :)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha- you're a real aficionado, if you gotta have it in the 9oz bottle! You know what you like, I guess. :)
Like I said, eating it like ketchup! It isn't until I blow the system out the other end do I realize that I "ate a little too much".

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always keep Sriracha on hand, but I tend to agree that its not necessarily a tasty sauce compared to others. For me it's more about just adding general heat with a bland flavor that I don't want overpowering other stuff in my recipes. Still go through quite a bit of it though.

Will have to check out Underwood Ranch. Always interested in new product! Thanks for the rec!

I used to love Sriracha sauce back in the day when the only place you found it was in Thai restaurants & groceries and there was only one manufacturer; but since it went mainstream, it's gotten kind of boring.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, eating it like ketchup! It isn't until I blow the system out the other end do I realize that I "ate a little too much".

I also only use the black sauce diluted with other things, not straight. Don't like it straight at all.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just tried the Underwood Ranch Carolina Gold BBQ sauce. Its amazingly tasty and spicy!!! The Roja is would be my 3rd fave and the Biminibap last.... To me,, the Sriracha and the BBQ sauce are much better than the other two.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just tried the Underwood Ranch Carolina Gold BBQ sauce. Its amazingly tasty and spicy!!! The Roja is would be my 3rd fave and the Biminibap last.... To me,, the Sriracha and the BBQ sauce are much better than the other two.
Makes my mouth water just thinkin about tryin these... Better get on it stat

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes my mouth water just thinkin about tryin these... Better get on it stat

For those of you that like some heat & don't care whether or not it comes from a sauce, I suggest you try Ghost Pepper Colby Jack Cheese from Kindred Creamery. It is tasty & hot!!!