• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Salary CAP situation: Could we cut Bradford??

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could end up like the Browns and draft a QB every draft too. It works both ways and I think that's why teams will over pay for a middle tier QB ( Cutler,Bradford) because at least you know what you have.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a joke right? You're just yanking my chain right 27MtrCougar? You're going to honestly tell me that you'd take Bradford over RG3??? RG3 had a bad second year because he was hurt, and he had a buffoon for a coach. And he's had 2 less injuries than Bradford if my count is correct. How much they gave up to get RG3 is completely irrelevant to the argument of him being better than Bradford. RG3 has more questions than Bradford??? Please share what you've been smoking with the rest of us. If you took a poll of the GMs in the NFL of who they'd choose between Bradford and RG3 I'd be surprised if you got two out of 32, and those would be Snead for one because it would be politically correct, and the other one would be coaching girl's water polo after being fired within 40 seconds. Put the cap back on the glue 27, you've had enough for one day.

Really and Bradford has had how many OC? Shitty Olines, no play makers untill Austin. Funny RG3 suks because of bad coach and injury and that seems to be ok. Let me know when Bradford gets benched because he is playing so bad.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look if they traded Bradford and got something for him and drafted Bridgwater I wouldn't be completely against it. I just don't get the hate on Sam. It's not his fault what they payed him. I thought a lot of this would stop when Clemens came in. They went back to the running game which helped Clemens but if you couldn't see the difference in accuracy and volacity on the throws it's night and day.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was never benched because we had nothing better than Clementine as a backup. The Redskins benched RG3 because of his initial injury, and to see what Cousins could do so they could use him as trade bait. And nobody's blaming Bradford for taking the $$$. That's not the point. The point is what is best for the team. I have nothing against Bradford personally. He may be a saint in his personal life for all I know. But that unfortunately doesn't transfer to the field, where he just isn't worth his salary, which we could use elsewhere to improve the team. Getting back to the original argument, Bradford wouldn't make a pimple on RG3's buttocks. History will eventually prove that.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
Bradford was never benched because we had nothing better than Clementine as a backup. The Redskins benched RG3 because of his initial injury, and to see what Cousins could do so they could use him as trade bait. And nobody's blaming Bradford for taking the $$$. That's not the point. The point is what is best for the team. I have nothing against Bradford personally. He may be a saint in his personal life for all I know. But that unfortunately doesn't transfer to the field, where he just isn't worth his salary, which we could use elsewhere to improve the team. Getting back to the original argument, Bradford wouldn't make a pimple on RG3's buttocks. History will eventually prove that.

boss lets be realistic here. We know you don't care for Bradford and thats fine, but all these scenarios are just insane tbh. Stuff that never happens in the NFL. Maybe the NBA and MLB but not the NFL.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly the possibility of Bradford going anywhere is remote, I've said that myself. But it's not out of the realm of possibility. Stranger things have happened in this league. But the usual protocol and reason of these boards is to vent our frustrations and hopes and ideas and opinions yes? Most of what is written on these sites never even comes close to transpiring. But we all fancy ourselves as amateur coaches and GMs and enjoy voicing our ideas. As I said, stranger things have happened, and as long as you have the loose cannons like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder, among others in this league.....well, we've seen from history that almost anything is potentially possible.

And if the Rams have another year of failure from the Bradford experiment, what I've been spouting will come to fruition one way or another.

I'll be spewing into my Rams knit hat when Bridgewater is in the Pro Bowl in two years, and we're still here feebly making excuses for Bradford, Fisher, and "Deer in the Headlights" Shottenheimer.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say a QB in this draft is better then Bradford is just as ridiculous. Not
one of them is graded near as high as Bradford when he came out. So why would
you think one will be better.

To say that you know for a fact that 1 QB in this draft is not better than Bradford is redonk. Nobody knows. FACT. Nobody knew Russell Wilson and Kaep were going to be beasts. The scouts, "experts", and front offices ALL don't know anything for sure. None of us do.

I do know that this class of QBs coming out is pretty good and a few of them are going to be good and maybe really good. Bradford good? I dunno... I never thought Bradford was that good. Will any QB in this draft be graded as high as Bradford coming out? Who cares!!! Jamarcus was rated pretty high. I could care less what a guy's rating is and you definitely cannot judge a QB's entire career in the NFL by a "grade". LOL

I am willing to bring back Sam, along with bringing in a #1 WR and another LT and another guard if we don't sign Saffold. I want to focus on offense, have a good O-line and plenty of weapons - So we ALL know wtf we have in Bradford! Do I think he can be good? Yeah, but it's going to be against weak/average defenses where the pocket is perfect OR in garbage time when the D is playing prevent. We've all been watching it for years! But I don't know if he has that "put the team on his back, find a way to win" trait that you need, especially in the playoffs. The good ones always find a way to get it done. Do I need to bring up Luck again? That guy has lost how many O-lineman and his #1 WR and continues to find a way and make everyone around him better.

I would also be open to drafting a QB in the 1st/2nd and picking up McCown, cutting Bradford. But I doubt that happens.

Either way, we need offense. And we need a quality backup that's mobile IMO. I think we keep Bradford and sign a 2nd, 3rd, 4th round QB in this coming draft and let him watch/learn.

If the Texans take Clowney or Matthews with the 1st pick, the Rams are going to have to make a big decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, all of us here on this board have beaten the statistical aspect of this argument to death and of course this QB issue is not going away especially in light of Fisher's proclamation that he is keeping Bradford for the remainder of the contract. Jacobarch and Cougar make good points but I think we are past statistical comparisons and as Boss429 intimated, only history will have the final story.

But if as SJ76 and Boss429 intimated that Houston takes a guy we want before we pick, the Rams are going to have to make a quick decision that may include selecting a QB and dumping Bradford. Again, as Clayton has stated, all of this is conjecture at this point.

We will all have to wait and see who is really correct. I am more interested in getting back to the bowl and right now we are trailing behind the other members of our division in talent that will get us there. I am not sure who stated it, but the rest of the NFC West is going to be at where we are now because all of that talent isn't going to play too long making as little money as they are making without some disturbance.

So again, keep in mind, the story is not complete yet and to get your undies in a bunch now is really a waste of a good pair of underwear.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if as SJ76 and Boss429 intimated that Houston takes a guy we want before we pick, the Rams are going to have to make a quick decision that may include selecting a QB and dumping Bradford. Again, as Clayton has stated, all of this is conjecture at this point.

We will all have to wait and see who is really correct. I am more interested in getting back to the bowl and right now we are trailing behind the other members of our division in talent that will get us there. I am not sure who stated it, but the rest of the NFC West is going to be at where we are now because all of that talent isn't going to play too long making as little money as they are making without some disturbance.

So again, keep in mind, the story is not complete yet and to get your undies in a bunch now is really a waste of a good pair of underwear.

I Completely agree that soon enough a lot of these players on the two powerhouses; Hawks & Niners are going to sign elsewhere because money talks, and they wont be able to afford all of these superstar contracts. However, Harbaugh seems to be very very good at replacing talent. I don't know what it is but he always seems to have a player waiting in the wings. I was sure of it that the 49er's were the next NY Jets. I thought Jim took over a very good & talented under-coached team. I thought they would fall flat on their face after a couple seasons of competing. I was wrong, very wrong. While I hate the niners I will give their GM and Coaching staff props for producing a great product.
As far as the Hawks go, that little turd can go chase his rainbow and eat his lucky charms. He wins so many games by the skin of his teeth and the ball always seems to bounce their way. (see 2012 Atlanta Falcons) I think their time will be up in the next year or two.
As far as the Rams are concerned, I think we're in a very good position to start taking over the NFC west. We're building a young and talented team. I do admit we have a bit of a conundrum with SB's contract. Once again, fate it seems have struck the Rams org., Bradford being the last of the dinosaurs with the old Rookie Contracts. Hopefully we can find a way to lower his guaranteed money, if not then we have to ride it out next year.
With all of that said if we can land one or two good FA signings and if we draft 2 first rounders that will contribute on day one, watch out NFC west! We could have a real shot and making the playoffs and doing well for ourselves.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Suh, they took Bradford, OK as a Rams fan, I bite the bullet and root for him to succeed. Sam has not been horrible so fan, not great either but with a couple of years left on the contract, I think nothing can be done at this point. I will say, pick a backup in the draft, we know they don't trust Austin, Quinn sucks and Clemens is well Clemens. If the Rams are smart, they wheel and deal the 2nd pick, still get Watkins, an OT, a guard, a safety, a OLB and a young future QB to learn. Resign Saffold to a guard spot and see if Bradford can do what he was drafted for, WIN. Until a decent line is there, a true #1 WR, a running game is established, Bradford's legacy really can't be told.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is what is best for the team. I have nothing against Bradford personally. He may be a saint in his personal life for all I know. But that unfortunately doesn't transfer to the field, where he just isn't worth his salary,

Could not have said it better !!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is what is best for the team. I have nothing against Bradford personally. He may be a saint in his personal life for all I know. But that unfortunately doesn't transfer to the field, where he just isn't worth his salary,

I believe there are 13 QB's that make more then Bradford right now. that puts him pretty much in the middle? how do you know he isn't worth his salary when he hasn't had a #1 WR Danny Amendola? A crappy Oline and has had to learn a new system every year because of different coaches.

Could not have said it better !!

I believe there are 13 QB's that make more then Bradford right now. that puts him pretty much in the middle? how do you know he isn't worth his salary when he hasn't had a #1 WR Danny Amendola? A crappy Oline and has had to learn a new system every year because of different coaches. not much of a running game to speak of either. how many dropped passes has he had over the years.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's never been benched because he hasn't played that bad. oh you mean Clemens who came in and won a couple games? better then 0-3 KC … that didn't help his trade value lol. but you would probably take KC over Bradford to I bet.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never been benched because he hasn't played that bad. oh you mean Clemens who came in and won a couple games? better then 0-3 KC … that didn't help his trade value lol. but you would probably take KC over Bradford to I bet.

I would.

At least KC doesn't take up 17M in cap space.

Plus, to say that Bradford hasn't played that bad is just ludicrous. Of course he's played bad. Many times. The reason why is wasn't benched is a) he makes too much money to be sitting on the bench and b) they don't have a KC sitting behind him.

KC should've been 2-1. He had the Skins in position to win those first 2 games but the defense gave up late scores.

This is about what is best for the "team". I'm not going to sit here and argue whether there are better options than Bradford. Or if any QB in the draft grades as high as Bradford. Because both points are stupid because 1) we don't know if any of the QB's will be better or worse than Bradford until 3 years from now and 2) Bradford graded higher than Kap and Wilson and that means exactly what? It means the "experts" are not always right and grading a QB before he even plays a down in the NFL is stupid.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would.

At least KC doesn't take up 17M in cap space.

Plus, to say that Bradford hasn't played that bad is just ludicrous. Of course he's played bad. Many times. The reason why is wasn't benched is a) he makes too much money to be sitting on the bench and b) they don't have a KC sitting behind him.

KC should've been 2-1. He had the Skins in position to win those first 2 games but the defense gave up late scores.

This is about what is best for the "team". I'm not going to sit here and argue whether there are better options than Bradford. Or if any QB in the draft grades as high as Bradford. Because both points are stupid because 1) we don't know if any of the QB's will be better or worse than Bradford until 3 years from now and 2) Bradford graded higher than Kap and Wilson and that means exactly what? It means the "experts" are not always right and grading a QB before he even plays a down in the NFL is stupid.

It seems like you guys always have an excuse unless its for Bradford. KC should be 2-1? really how many times could we say that about Bradford and the Rams if it wasn't for dumb penalties, drop passes or something he had no control over. I bet you they will give Bradford an extension and with all these new deals like Cutlers it will be more then his previous contract. Don't know if thats the right thing but i can see it happening

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Amendola hasn't done shit with Tom Brady. DA was SAMs 6-7 yard guy. :lame:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sam comes out next season and plays well all of this Bradford debate will go away but if he takes the field next season and does not perform well the debate will continue. He had a few decent games in his rookie year but it was nothing to write home about. He needs to get a lot better and fast. I don't give him much of chance but we will see. I remember when the Rams put way too much faith in another mediocre QB named Pat Haden. That misplaced faith hurt the Rams for years even after Haden retired. I hope I'm wrong but I think they are on that same path with Bradford.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sam comes out next season and plays well AND THE RAMS WIN all of this Bradford debate will go away but if he takes the field next season and does not perform well the debate will continue UNLESS THE RAMS WIN. He had a few decent games in his rookie year but it was nothing to write home about EVEN THOUGH HE WON ROY, I WAS NOT IMPRESSED. He needs to get a lot better and fast AND THE RAMS NEED TO WIN. I don't give him much of chance but we will see. I remember when the Rams put way too much faith in another mediocre QB named Pat Haden. That misplaced faith hurt the Rams for years even after Haden retired. I hope I'm wrong but I think they are on that same path with Bradford.
FIFY :lol:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there are 13 QB's that make more then Bradford right now. that puts him pretty much in the middle? how do you know he isn't worth his salary when he hasn't had a #1 WR Danny Amendola? A crappy Oline and has had to learn a new system every year because of different coaches. not much of a running game to speak of either. how many dropped passes has he had over the years.

In the middle?? ....13 that make more???
LOL..Wait a minute, you are sooo wrong!! You must be just referring to just 2013??

...LOL Let me ask you a question, if you are comparing QBs salaries, why didn't you compare their contracts??....guaranteed money??.... or average salary throughout the term of the contract?? You didn't look at any of these figures did you?? Well let me show you something, and it will not only show you what Sam is getting, but it has all QBs contracts listed and currently SAM is #2 on the list for "guaranteed money", right behind the future HOF'er Aaron Rodgers. Sam is #3 highest on "average salary per year", #1) Aaron Rodgers #2) Matt Stafford#3)Sam Bradford. If you compare average salary per year, Sams contract pays him more $$ than: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco and more. Here you go........

» Over the Cap- Top NFL Contracts: Quarterback

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure .....its not Sam's fault for signing that huge contract.
Its not Sam's fault that our o-line sucks, poor guy doesn't have anyone to throw to or a RB that gets 1000 yards. Its not Sam's fault that the defense is on the field all the time. Well you know what, maybe just maybe, it is Sammy's fault! If Sammy took a pay cut, to say, right around what Alex Smith is making. Maybe we could afford to bring in some o-line help for Sammy, give Sammy a veteran WR. Or add to our defense. I will give credit to 49ers/Seahawks, because their Qbs are working for peanuts, they can afford to sign some talent. They do every year. Their QBs have the will to win, their QBs don't have a ho hum attitude. Also to make matters worse, Sam has a bum knee. Sam does have one good thing going for him, that everyone will remember him for, he will go down in history for the highest paid rookie ever ! Who gives a rats ass about the hall of fame!