• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Salary CAP situation: Could we cut Bradford??

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure .....its not Sam's fault for signing that huge contract.
Its not Sam's fault that our o-line sucks, poor guy doesn't have anyone to throw to or a RB that gets 1000 yards. Its not Sam's fault that the defense is on the field all the time. Well you know what, maybe just maybe, it is Sammy's fault! If Sammy took a pay cut, to say, right around what Alex Smith is making. Maybe we could afford to bring in some o-line help for Sammy, give Sammy a veteran WR. Or add to our defense. I will give credit to 49ers/Seahawks, because their Qbs are working for peanuts, they can afford to sign some talent. They do every year. Their QBs have the will to win, their QBs don't have a ho hum attitude. Also to make matters worse, Sam has a bum knee. Sam does have one good thing going for him, that everyone will remember him for, he will go down in history for the highest paid rookie ever ! Who gives a rats ass about the hall of fame!
Zeke put YOUR money where your mouth is. Why don't you take a huge pay cut like you are suggesting for the betterment of your organization & your clients and get back to us and tell us about it. :laugh3:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like offseason topics such as boobs much better than discussing Bradford. We won't know until NEXT YEAR. LOL

It's maddening. is that a word? :noidea:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the middle?? ....13 that make more???
LOL..Wait a minute, you are sooo wrong!! You must be just referring to just 2013??

...LOL Let me ask you a question, if you are comparing QBs salaries, why didn't you compare their contracts??....guaranteed money??.... or average salary throughout the term of the contract?? You didn't look at any of these figures did you?? Well let me show you something, and it will not only show you what Sam is getting, but it has all QBs contracts listed and currently SAM is #2 on the list for "guaranteed money", right behind the future HOF'er Aaron Rodgers. Sam is #3 highest on "average salary per year", #1) Aaron Rodgers #2) Matt Stafford#3)Sam Bradford. If you compare average salary per year, Sams contract pays him more $$ than: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco and more. Here you go........

» Over the Cap- Top NFL Contracts: Quarterback

Funny that's actually the site I was on. Bradford has the most guarrenteed because he was the last lucky one before they went to the new rookie pay scale. Kap and Wilson are cheap because they were after that, you act like they are being nice and working for less lol. In two years they will get new contracts that will make Bradford's contract look like chump change and then those teams will have to deal with it. You act like a crappy oline and no legit WR's, no running game aren't legit excuses they are. Yes elite QBS like Brady and Rodgers can make avg WR better Bradford hasn't been able to do that but not many can. Look at Flacco I don't feel he is really better then Bradford but they put a #1 defense around him, a great running game and some playmakers like Boldin good TE and they won a Super Bowl. Look what happed this year to Flacco when the D was gone and his weapons were lost in FA. No playoffs. Oh and Flacco got paid.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like offseason topics such as boobs much better than discussing Bradford. We won't know until NEXT YEAR. LOL

Boobs are good!! :agree:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think about it we may not be to far from that Ravens mold. Add a stud safety... HaHA maybe Watkins on offense(Boldin mold for sure) and beef up the Oline with a couple nasty Guards. Might be the way Sneed and fish are trying to build it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea SJ76. Maddening is a word. I am not sure about redonk though.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke put YOUR money where your mouth is. Why don't you take a huge pay cut like you are suggesting for the betterment of your organization & your clients and get back to us and tell us about it. :laugh3:

Before sounding off on Zeke, I find two flaws in your argument Vitamike. First off, I'll go out on a limb and assume that Zeke doesn't make 17 million a year and probably can't afford to give back any of his pay like Bradford could. Just exactly what personal sacrifices would Bradford be making if he restructured, exactly? Just exactly how much money does a spoiled, pampered, professional athlete need, exactly? I guess if he restructured he'd probably have to give up his Lamborghini and downgrade to a Maserati. Please, I have no sympathy whatsoever for overpaid prima donnas in pro sports when the rest of us work so hard for our $$$.

And second, OTHER QBs have done just that to benefit the team. Are you suggesting that Bradford isn't a team player? Of course IF Bradford is just in it for the $$$ like so many others then I could see him refusing. After all, when his current contract does run out I think he realizes along with everybody else in the league that he's not what we (not all of us) thought he was. He'll still get decent money somewhere, maybe even from the #@$% in the Rams front office, but he's NOT getting elite money and he knows it. I guess he better get it while the gettins' good.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before sounding off on Zeke, I find two flaws in your argument Vitamike. First off, I'll go out on a limb and assume that Zeke doesn't make 17 million a year and probably can't afford to give back any of his pay like Bradford could. Just exactly what personal sacrifices would Bradford be making if he restructured, exactly? Just exactly how much money does a spoiled, pampered, professional athlete need, exactly? I guess if he restructured he'd probably have to give up his Lamborghini and downgrade to a Maserati. Please, I have no sympathy whatsoever for overpaid prima donnas in pro sports when the rest of us work so hard for our $$$.

And second, OTHER QBs have done just that to benefit the team. Are you suggesting that Bradford isn't a team player? Of course IF Bradford is just in it for the $$$ like so many others then I could see him refusing. After all, when his current contract does run out I think he realizes along with everybody else in the league that he's not what we (not all of us) thought he was. He'll still get decent money somewhere, maybe even from the #@$% in the Rams front office, but he's NOT getting elite money and he knows it. I guess he better get it while the gettins' good.

Boss you realize Bradford already restructured once in year two right? I get where you're coming from but look at it from this point of view...

Imagine you have a one year work contract for 17 million. Right off the bat you you know you have to pay taxes on that 17mil. so about -8mil. So that leaves you with around 9mil. Now your boss comes in at the end of the quarter and says hey, you know you're doing a great job with what you have to work with, but we want to take half your money away from you and extend it out over the next two years instead of giving it all to you this year for the good of the company. Your response would be either....Oh bringing in guys like Coutland Finnegan? Jared Cook? and Jake Long? Those types of guys? Or, GFYS!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was well know Bradford was playing for an extension this year and was having his best year yet. Him getting hurt put a twist in it. If he didn't get hurt and he continued to have his best year yet there is no doubt he would have been giving a big new offer. Probably not as big as cutlers but it would and will be more then his current contract. We probably wouldn't be talking about this if he didn't get hurt and the rams went 9-7. Which they probably would have. To suggest that Bradford give his money back is just crazy that's not how the real world works and please enlighten us one these QB's that have given back their money to the billionaire owners to help the team. If you are talking about when players restructur their contract they don't give that money back. Not one penny. They simply get it up front as a Bonus in their pocket to reduce the cap hit. It benefits the players to do this as the money goes to their bank. It's up to the owner of the team if he wants to give all ghat money up front vs over a period of time.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My current salary does not account for 1/4 of the organization or I would, does yours??

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke put YOUR money where your mouth is. Why don't you take a huge pay cut like you are suggesting for the betterment of your organization & your clients and get back to us and tell us about it.
giggle.gif

Maybe you enjoy watching our team get their azz whooped every week, I sure as hell don't.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't get whooped all the time anymore. :yahoo: We just can't score the past few years.

Unless of course we are down 20-7 or 21-3, or 35-10. :gaah:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't scoring was as bad as previous years tho SJ. It's def getting better.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE=27mtrcougar;4344244]Funny that's actually the site I was on. Bradford has the most guarrenteed because he was the last lucky one before they went to the new rookie pay scale. Kap and Wilson are cheap because they were after that, you act like they are being nice and working for less lol. In two years they will get new contracts that will make Bradford's contract look like chump change and then those teams will have to deal with it.

whoa.....whoa....whoa......you are putting words in my mouth, lets forget about Kap and Wilson for a second. Lets compare Sammy's guaranteed money to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Eli Manning. I picked these guys because they have already been to the promise land and won it all. There is a couple of Hall of Famers listed here. I think that's a fair comparison don't you?? Because Sam is only 2nd to Aaron Rodgers on that list. How does that make you feel?? Get my drift??

You act like a crappy oline and no legit WR's, no running game aren't legit excuses they are.

Ummm....LOL.... the whole point of me starting this thread was to hear opinions on whether or not we would cut Sam or restructure so we could get some free agents in here. In other words.... WE CANT AFFORD ANY WITH SAMS HUGE CONTRACT!

Yes elite QBS like Brady and Rodgers can make avg WR better Bradford hasn't been able to do that but not many can. Look at Flacco I don't feel he is really better then Bradford but they put a #1 defense around him, a great running game and some playmakers like Boldin good TE and they won a Super Bowl. Look what happed this year to Flacco when the D was gone and his weapons were lost in FA. No playoffs. Oh and Flacco got paid.[/QUOTE]

Think about it, the Ravens had a ton of talent and won it all with Flacco only making average money. After the superbowl, they rewarded him with a new contract and let a lot of guys walk. Where are they now??

BTW.... I would trade Bradford even up, contracts included, right now for Joe Flacco all day long!! Problem is... there is no way in hell the Ravens would!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't scoring was as bad as previous years tho SJ. It's def getting better.

Shit... We had nowhere to go but up. But we still ALL sat on the couch again this year, watched the dink and dunk show, and didn't move the chains! We ALL have been frustrated with the offense.

And now we have 2 top picks in the draft.

*light bulb*

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hee hee hee hee heee he said boobs...:drool::squeeze:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE=27mtrcougar;4344244]Funny that's actually the site I was on. Bradford has the most guarrenteed because he was the last lucky one before they went to the new rookie pay scale. Kap and Wilson are cheap because they were after that, you act like they are being nice and working for less lol. In two years they will get new contracts that will make Bradford's contract look like chump change and then those teams will have to deal with it.

whoa.....whoa....whoa......you are putting words in my mouth, lets forget about Kap and Wilson for a second. Lets compare Sammy's guaranteed money to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Eli Manning. I picked these guys because they have already been to the promise land and won it all. There is a couple of Hall of Famers listed here. I think that's a fair comparison don't you?? Because Sam is only 2nd to Aaron Rodgers on that list. How does that make you feel?? Get my drift??

Do you realize Long will count 15m against the cap next year maybe we should cut him to at least we could draft Clowney lol

You act like a crappy oline and no legit WR's, no running game aren't legit excuses they are.

Ummm....LOL.... the whole point of me starting this thread was to hear opinions on whether or not we would cut Sam or restructure so we could get some free agents in here. In other words.... WE CANT AFFORD ANY WITH SAMS HUGE CONTRACT!

Yes elite QBS like Brady and Rodgers can make avg WR better Bradford hasn't been able to do that but not many can. Look at Flacco I don't feel he is really better then Bradford but they put a #1 defense around him, a great running game and some playmakers like Boldin good TE and they won a Super Bowl. Look what happed this year to Flacco when the D was gone and his weapons were lost in FA. No playoffs. Oh and Flacco got paid.

Think about it, the Ravens had a ton of talent and won it all with Flacco only making average money. After the superbowl, they rewarded him with a new contract and let a lot of guys walk. Where are they now??

BTW.... I would trade Bradford even up, contracts included, right now for Joe Flacco all day long!! Problem is... there is no way in hell the Ravens would!![/QUOTE]

Tom Brady's restructured and extended contract includes $27 million in new money and three additional seasons that add up to a five-year package at below-market value. But it also contains significant guarantees for the New England Patriots quarterback, USA TODAY Sports has learned.

A breakdown of Brady's pact, according to a person who reviewed details of the deal, reveals that the total signing bonus for the five-year, $57 million contract is $30 million — which includes $3 million in new money and $27 million that was due to Brady from his previous deal that is converted into a signing bonus for salary cap accounting. The new agreement replaces the four-year, $72 million extension that took effect in 2011, one year after Brady signed it.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the contract details were supposed to remain confidential.

Brady's base salary for the 2013 season is $1 million, followed by a $2 million base salary in 2014. The $30 million signing bonus and salaries for the next two seasons are fully guaranteed. Under his previous deal, Brady was due salaries of $9.75 million, with $5 million roster bonuses and $250,000 workout bonuses for 2013 and 2014. Before striking the new deal, Brady was guaranteed $25 million for injury. Now it stands that the entire $57 million will be guaranteed.

the Patriots are very creative with his contracts believe me he has seen more upfront money then Bradford. Manning , brady have had their contracts redone many time with a butt load of upfront money they all ready have. do you really think bradford has been paid more the Brady or Manning? I'm not saying Bradford is better the Joe but they are pretty close, joe is way better at escaping the pocket and making a play but i would say bradford is more accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke next years QB class looks to be much better then this year so pray for a trade back this draft and a 1st next year so if the shit hits the fan and we could get a QB next year. it will be interesting if Houston goes Clowney and the rams don't get an offer to trade back. they might have to take Bridgewater.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good article from back in september by Miklasz. Tom Brady meet Sam Bradford.

Did you see Tom Brady having a fit during Thursday night’s game on the NFL Network?

The acclaimed New England quarterback may have thrown more tantrums than completed passes in the team’s ugly 13-10 win over the NY Jets.

This display was enlightening.

And hopefully it was educational for some Rams fans.

Brady is among the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history … but even the best quarterbacks need quality receivers.

The Patriots’ two rookie wide receivers (Aaron Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins) dropped passes, ran the wrong routes, and had Brady barking.

With slot receiver Danny Amendola out because of an injury — shocking, right? — Brady had only one reliable receiver in Julian Edelman.

Edelman isn’t a threat to beat anyone deep, and he's an OK possession receiver. But Brady was so frustrated with the rookies and desperate to complete a pass that targeted the extra-busy Edelman 18 times.

When Brady targeted a receiver other than Edelman, he completed only 6 of 21 passes.

No wonder the Patriots had more punts than first downs.

Through two games Brady ranks 24th among NFL quarterbacks with a 74.1 passer rating and is 30th with his average of 5.2 yards per attempt.

Now Brady understands what it must have been like to be Sam Bradford from 2010 and 2011 and through much of 2012.

Welcome to Sam’s previous world, Tom.

It isn't much fun.

I was always astounded by the bizarre opinions of the serial Bradford haters who dismissed the significance of having effective receivers.

It’s just plain silly to pretend that it doesn’t matter.

And while Bradford is no Brady and obviously could have done a lot of things better in his first three seasons, he was limited by the contingent of mostly pedestrian wide receivers. And stymied by the revolving door of receivers. I'm surprised that Bradford played as decently as he did.

Look at our friend Kurt Warner.

Kurt had amazing success, shredded NFL defenses and won a Super Bowl during his partnership with WRs Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt in St. Louis. In Arizona, Warner connected with the sensational WR Larry Fitzgerald, rolled up big numbers, and led the Cardinals to a Super Bowl.

In New York, Warner wasn’t nearly as effective when he worked with ordinary WRs such as Amani Toomer, Ike Hilliard and Tim Carter.

Gee, that must have been a coincidence.

When a quarterback doesn’t have weapons, his play will suffer.

That’s just common sense.

And Brady suffered plenty Thursday night, repeatedly showing his displeasure by screaming at his receivers, making angry gestures, and looking like a brat as he sat fuming on the bench.

But receivers don’t matter, right?

Right.

Brady may have to cope with this for a while.

The Patriots inexplicably shooed away Brady’s best and favorite receiver, Wes Welker, after last season. After the Pariots showed no interest in keeping him, the perplexed Welker left as a free agent and signed with Denver.

It was a strange move; not only did this weaken the Patriots offense by removing Brady’s go-to receiver, but Welker hopped into Peyton Manning’s huddle to strengthen an already formidable passing attack in Denver.

It would be one thing if Welker signed with an NFC team, but the Broncos are a prime AFC contender and a direct threat to the Patriots in the AFC.

The Patriots believed Amendola could be the Welker II. But as the Rams and their fans know, for all of his virtues Amendola can’t stay on the field because of frequent injuries.

Bradford was a better quarterback when Amendola played, but Amendola played in only 28 of 48 games in Bradford’s first three seasons.

Brady relied heavily on Amendola in the close opening-season win at Buffalo. But now Amendola’s latest injury, a strained groin, could keep him sidelined for several weeks.

In the first game without Amendola, Brady didn’t have any attractive options against the Jets. And we saw the results … just as we saw the difference when Bradford didn’t have Amendola available.

But this isn't just about Amendola being out. Brady doesn't have his preferred tight end, the superb but injured Rob Gronkowski. Another playmaking tight end, Aaron Hernandez, is in jail, awaiting trial on murder charges. That leaves Brady having one of Bradford's former tight ends, Michael Hoomanawanui, as his top tight end.

But tight ends don't matter either, right? Obviously, there will be no difference in Bradford's play now that he has Jared Cook running wild at tight end.

(Pardon my sarcasm. )

Brady’s in-game rants drew the ire of the NFL Network’s Michael Irvin, the Hall of Fame wide receiver. Irvin said Brady had to be patient and more supportive of the young wideouts.

Brady didn’t dispute that. “I've got to do a better job with my body language,” he told reporters after the game. “I can definitely improve on that. I wouldn't say that's a real strong point of mine right now.”

Brady later added that the rookie WRs are “good kids” who are working hard to improve.

Those receivers will get better, and so will the Patriots’ offense — especially if Brady stops hollering at the "good kids" and embarrassing them on national cable TV.

But at least for the first two weeks of the season Tom Brady got a chance to see how other, less fortunate quarterbacks live … including Sam Bradford.

Thanks for reading ...

— Bernie

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke next years QB class looks to be much better then this year so pray for a trade back this draft and a 1st next year so if the shit hits the fan and we could get a QB next year. it will be interesting if Houston goes Clowney and the rams don't get an offer to trade back. they might have to take Bridgewater.

here is an article about Tom Brady(last year) signing a 3 year extension for half of his market value.
Tom Brady signs extension with New England Patriots - NFL.com