• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Hot Sauce Thread

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make my own chili sacue with my Blendtec.

Chil peppers
Sweet peppers
Onions
Salt
Fresh cilantro
Celery seed
Ginger
Clove
Cinnamon
White vinegar

I make a quart batch at a time. Store it in the freezer, and use 1/2 cup at a time. Batch asts for about 2 months.

I want to try making a fermented version I learned from an old Mexican grandma of a friend.

What kind/Kinds of chilis do you use? if you don't mind me asking of course :suds:

edit: Guessing by Sweet peppers, you mean the little cherry or yellow sweet peppers...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind/Kinds of chilis do you use? if you don't mind me asking of course :suds:

edit: Guessing by Sweet peppers, you mean the little cherry or yellow sweet peppers...
I just use red chili peppers that are available. They're always different levels of spice. If they're not spicy enough for my taste, I'll throw in a little habanero if I think it needs it.

Every batch turns out a little different depending on the season and types of peppers I end up being able to get.

I forgot that I use tomatoes (of course), too.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just use red chili peppers that are available. They're always different levels of spice. If they're not spicy enough for my taste, I'll throw in a little habanero if I think it needs it.

Every batch turns out a little different depending on the season and types of peppers I end up being able to get.

I forgot that I use tomatoes (of course), too.

Sounds good, I'll have to give it a try...The cinnamon, ginger and clove in there sound really interesting!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the food.

I like Cholula er whatever the fuck it is, for Mexican food.

cock sauce fer Asian.

Frank's is prolly my go to fer just regular ol' hot sauce

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy a three pack of medium sauce every couple months.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You steal the shitty hot sauce (tomato water) from Taco Bell and have the nerve to call out someone who doesn't like hot sauce?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love really spicy food on occasion and some of the sauces above are in my fridge right now.

However, when I want to get some serious heat going I go with this;

1842-2T.jpg

Crazy Jerry's Mind Blowin Hot Sauce.

Ingredients
Mandarin Oranges, Honey, Mango, Habanero Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Garlic, Chipotle Pepper, Sugar, and Spice.

Definitely not for the faint of heart or those that don't like the nuclear grade hot stuff.
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gif clear1x1.gif

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love really spicy food on occasion and some of the sauces above are in my fridge right now.

However, when I want to get some serious heat going I go with this;

View attachment 95150

Crazy Jerry's Mind Blowin Hot Sauce.

Ingredients
Mandarin Oranges, Honey, Mango, Habanero Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Garlic, Chipotle Pepper, Sugar, and Spice.

Definitely not for the faint of heart or those that don't like the nuclear grade hot stuff.
View attachment 95151
View attachment 95152 View attachment 95153

Oh wow, just looking at the ingredients, sounds delicious!!! Hot, but delicious!!! lol

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow, just looking at the ingredients, sounds delicious!!! Hot, but Delicious lol

Really F'n hot. I happen to enjoy real spicy food once or twice a month and that stuff is one of my faves.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a friend who owned a bar when I lived in Minnesota who used to make his own sauce, literally the hottest shit on the planet, he told me just touch the sauce with the tip of your pinky finger, felt like my face was gonna melt off, obviously no milk and the beer didn't help thankfully I was already buzzin pretty good but I've never understood why people eat sauce that hot, maybe it was made just to mess with idiots like me who say they can handle it. But it seriously felt like I ate an entire ghost chili...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really F'n hot. I happen to enjoy real spicy food once or twice a month and that stuff is one of my faves.

I love the fruitiness of habaneros and mixed with the smokiness of Chipotles is what has me intrigued...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a friend who owned a bar when I lived in Minnesota who used to make his own sauce, literally the hottest shit on the planet, he told me just touch the sauce with the tip of your pinky finger, felt like my face was gonna melt off, obviously no milk and the beer didn't help thankfully I was already buzzin pretty good but I've never understood why people eat sauce that hot, maybe it was made just to mess with idiots like me who say they can handle it. But it seriously felt like I ate an entire ghost chili...

Definitely know what you mean...I'm not into sauce THAT hot. I'm not looking to kill myself, just add some heat/flavor...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fruitiness of habaneros and mixed with the smokiness of Chipotles is what has me intrigued...

Here's how my intro to that hot sauce went down. My buddy and his brother went to Vegas for the first Nascar race at the new track years ago and when they got back he gave me a bottle of Crazy Jerry's that he bought out there. A few weeks later he popped in to say hello and he asked me if I had tried it yet. I told him no, I was still finishing off a bottle of Melinda's XXX and asked why he hadn't cracked open the bottle he bought for himself?

My buddy Don is a hot shit and he says "crack it open, I'll try some right now now". I got it out of the fridge and he drops a nickle sized dollop on his his hand and licks it off. His initial reaction was " Mmm, very tasty, lots of flavor". Keep in mind that he is a hot sauce aficionado too.

5 minutes later Don is standing in the opening between my living room and kitchen and it's obvious that he is a bit uncomfortable. The heat was kicking his ass and he asked me if I had something to drink!

I knew I had a winner.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You steal the shitty hot sauce (tomato water) from Taco Bell and have the nerve to call out someone who doesn't like hot sauce?
Pull the stick out of your ass, you'll feel better...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pull the stick out of your ass, you'll feel better...

There's nothing up my ass, fruitcake. Stop projecting, you'll feel better.

Can you tell us some more stories about that swell hot sauce from Taco Bell?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how my intro to that hot sauce went down. My buddy and his brother went to Vegas for the first Nascar race at the new track years ago and when they got back he gave me a bottle of Crazy Jerry's that he bought out there. A few weeks later he popped in to say hello and he asked me if I had tried it yet. I told him no, I was still finishing off a bottle of Melinda's XXX and asked why he hadn't cracked open the bottle he bought for himself?

My buddy Don is a hot shit and he says "crack it open, I'll try some right now now". I got it out of the fridge and he drops a nickle sized dollop on his his hand and licks it off. His initial reaction was " Mmm, very tasty, lots of flavor". Keep in mind that he is a hot sauce aficionado too.

5 minutes later Don is standing in the opening between my living room and kitchen and it's obvious that he is a bit uncomfortable. The heat was kicking his ass and he asked me if I had something to drink!

I knew I had a winner.

Of course I was just in Vegas 6 weeks ago, damn...But I'm sure I can find it somehow, or make my own with a similar combo :nod: