• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Salary CAP situation: Could we cut Bradford??

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers and Seahawks strike it rich!!

The 49ers and Seahawks played what might seem like a football version of Moneyball, taking advantage of a warped market and coming up winners on the field and in the accounting department.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&ved=0CEsQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportsonearth.com%2Farticle%2F60325314%2F&ei=s7vQUpgmh-SwBLf7gegM&usg=AFQjCNFpGN7oESvNHFXlrtwAY-tlL5g3ww&bvm=bv.59026428,d.cWc

You do remember Sam beat them both last year right…… :laugh3:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened this year??

Well it looks like Sam faced the 49ers in week 4 but our defense gave up 219 yds rushing. (Sams fault I guess) we couldn't stop Gore. Compared with our 18 total rushing yds!!! Lead by D. Richardson with 12yds! This was also when we lost TJ McDonald and Finnegan got hurt. Remember now? This was when the rams coaching staff forgot you still need to run the ball but had Sam drop back 41 times to pass it. He still had more passing yds then Kap but Kap didn't have to throw it because we couldn't stop the run which makes it impossible to win. The rams got back to running the ball the next two games and won both then came the Carolina game and Sam got hurt. Btw the next game we played the Seahawks and R.Wilson was 10-18 139 yds while our back up QB threw for 189 yds. And we lost 19-11. Not really a beat down.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Sam faced the 49ers in week 4 but our defense gave up 219 yds rushing. (Sams fault I guess) we couldn't stop Gore. Compared with our 18 total rushing yds!!! Lead by D. Richardson with 12yds! This was also when we lost TJ McDonald and Finnegan got hurt. Remember now? This was when the rams coaching staff forgot you still need to run the ball but had Sam drop back 41 times to pass it. He still had more passing yds then Kap but Kap didn't have to throw it because we couldn't stop the run which makes it impossible to win. The rams got back to running the ball the next two games and won both then came the Carolina game and Sam got hurt. Btw the next game we played the Seahawks and R.Wilson was 10-18 139 yds while our back up QB threw for 189 yds. And we lost 19-11. Not really a beat down.

Yep, I DVRed that game, we couldn't stop Gore. And this is a fine example of stats(passing yrds) don't mean squat. The 49ers didn't have Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith and Nnamdi Asomugha and we still got our azzes whooped 35-11. Cant forget Bradfords pick 6 either and their 5 sacks. I remember it real well. Gore had 153yrds/ 20 carries/aver. 7.7 ypc. That's why I would love to see Anthony Barr or Khalil Mack in a RAMS uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I DVRed that game, we couldn't stop Gore. And this is a fine example of stats(passing yrds) don't mean squat. The 49ers didn't have Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith and Nnamdi Asomugha and we still got our azzes whooped 35-11. Cant forget Bradfords pick 6 either and their 5 sacks. I remember it real well. Gore had 153yrds/ 20 carries/aver. 7.7 ypc. That's why I would love to see Anthony Barr or Khalil Mack in a RAMS uniform.

i would love to see Mack too. whats frustrating the defense somehow figured out how to stop the run against seattle a few weeks later shutting down Lynch almost completely. and seem to be pretty good the rest of the season. thats the rams though so much inconsistency

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do remember Sam beat them both last year right……
giggle.gif

You saying this and laughing is quite funny, because the Seattle win last year was a "record day" by Greg Z with 4 FG's - 1 was 58 yards and another 60 yards.. AND a fake FG Touchdown thrown by Johnny Hecker!! LMAO WOW Sam really beat the pants off the Seawags huh? :L I think the game ball goes to the Defense, Hecker, and Greg Z!

The San Fran win - again 3 FG's by Greg Z, 1 was 53 yards as time expired to Tie it and the other was 56 yards as time ran out in OT! AND a pick 6 by Janoris. Sam again with ZERO TD's really beat that 49er squad. Game ball to the Defense and Greg Z.

The San Fran tie - Bradford has 2 TDs!

And how about how bad Bradford looked against San Fran on thursday night this year?

I'm still laughing at people that say, "Bradford beat Seattle/San Fran last year". Please. Way to go Sam on getting us in good field position for our Kicker! lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Sam faced the 49ers in week 4 but our defense gave up 219 yds
rushing. (Sams fault I guess) we couldn't stop Gore. Compared with our 18 total
rushing yds!!! Lead by D. Richardson with 12yds! This was also when we lost TJ
McDonald and Finnegan got hurt. Remember now? This was when the rams coaching
staff forgot you still need to run the ball but had Sam drop back 41 times to
pass it. He still had more passing yds then Kap but Kap didn't have to throw it
because we couldn't stop the run which makes it impossible to win. The rams got
back to running the ball the next two games and won both then came the Carolina
game and Sam got hurt. Btw the next game we played the Seahawks and R.Wilson was
10-18 139 yds while our back up QB threw for 189 yds. And we lost 19-11. Not
really a beat down.

And you mention nothing of how bad Bradford was. He was awful. We all watched the game and this is where some of you Bradford lovers just lose me. You give all these excuses and put nothing on our QB who looked like a deer in headlights. AGAIN. 19 for 41 with 1 INT and MANY drops by San Fran's secondary. If you watched the game, you know this.

Try to keep it real.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you mention nothing of how bad Bradford was. He was awful. We all watched the game and this is where some of you Bradford lovers just lose me. You give all these excuses and put nothing on our QB who looked like a deer in headlights. AGAIN. 19 for 41 with 1 INT and MANY drops by San Fran's secondary. If you watched the game, you know this.

Try to keep it real.

Lol I'm not a Bradford lover. but I do try to keep it real that it's just not his fault. He was sacked 6 times the week before agains Dallas and 5 times in this game so the Oline was terrible and then you factor in no running game 18 total rushing yds and a defense that gave up 219 yds rushing. And bad play calling. It was a team loss if u ask me. I would look like a deer in the headlights too.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying this and laughing is quite funny, because the Seattle win last year was a "record day" by Greg Z with 4 FG's - 1 was 58 yards and another 60 yards.. AND a fake FG Touchdown thrown by Johnny Hecker!! LMAO WOW Sam really beat the pants off the Seawags huh? :L I think the game ball goes to the Defense, Hecker, and Greg Z!

The San Fran win - again 3 FG's by Greg Z, 1 was 53 yards as time expired to Tie it and the other was 56 yards as time ran out in OT! AND a pick 6 by Janoris. Sam again with ZERO TD's really beat that 49er squad. Game ball to the Defense and Greg Z.

The San Fran tie - Bradford has 2 TDs!

And how about how bad Bradford looked against San Fran on thursday night this year?

I'm still laughing at people that say, "Bradford beat Seattle/San Fran last year". Please. Way to go Sam on getting us in good field position for our Kicker! lol

But if the rams would have lost these games it would be all Bradford's fault. Even when he wins it's still not good enough.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off, it DEF was NOT Sam winning those games. Proof is in the box score. Greg Z had a career year in 2012.

2nd, It's never all one players fault unless he has 3-4 turnovers. But the blame for a lack of offense definitely needs to fall somewhere... And you can't just leave off the QB all the time. Coaches don't run the plays either. And ask many other fans how frustrated they were watching Bradford hardly ever take a chance downfield. Sam loves to checkdown and loves the 6-7 yard pass > to me that's just a LACK OF SACK. And it's the truth.

Even OUfan on here agrees. Where are you OU fan? lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Including Asomugha is kinda funny. Guy had nothing left and is out of the league. Just nit-picking though, lol.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Drew Brees is open to restructuring his contract. He said, and I quote "Whatever I can do to help the team" But now to suggest that Bradford do the same thing, when he isn't even half the QB Brees is, is apparently akin to slapping the pope according to some on this site. Um hmm. Makes me wonder if some people are Rams fans, or just simply Bradford fans.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Including Asomugha is kinda funny. Guy had nothing left and is out of the league. Just nit-picking though, lol.

yah, I guess your right, I forgot about that! We still got killed though.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Drew Brees is open to restructuring his contract. He said, and I quote "Whatever I can do to help the team" But now to suggest that Bradford do the same thing, when he isn't even half the QB Brees is, is apparently akin to slapping the pope according to some on this site. Um hmm. Makes me wonder if some people are Rams fans, or just simply Bradford fans.

Drew Brees and Tom Brady are extremely competitive QBs, they understand what it takes to be competitive. Their teams will always be deep into the playoffs with this mentality.

So, where will we be after the 2014 season with Sam absorbing 1/4 of our salary CAP???

With the 1st pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the St Louis RAMS select???

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope it doesn't get that bad Zeke. But if it does you can be absolutely sure heads will roll, including Bradford's. What I suspect will happen is that it will take one more agonizing season to finally prove that Bradford is not the man, and we move on from him at that point.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, we probably wont pick that high. Probably 10-15 range(again).

We still have a lot of holes to fill, but we wont be able to sign free agents unless they free up money some other way. Heck, we will probably be lucky if Saffold returns. He will probably sign a big contract somewhere else and we will fill his shoes with some rookie. Sorry for sounding negative, I can see it coming, we will probably draft Mathews and probably a safety. No significant free agent signings. Jake Long will probably miss 4-6 games to start the season. We will probably start the season off poorly again and start winning later on. Question is, as you stated in a previous post, will Bradford remain healthy??

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, we probably wont pick that high. Probably 10-15 range(again).

We still have a lot of holes to fill, but we wont be able to sign free agents unless they free up money some other way. Heck, we will probably be lucky if Saffold returns. He will probably sign a big contract somewhere else and we will fill his shoes with some rookie. Sorry for sounding negative, I can see it coming, we will probably draft Mathews and probably a safety. No significant free agent signings. Jake Long will probably miss 4-6 games to start the season. We will probably start the season off poorly again and start winning later on. Question is, as you stated in a previous post, will Bradford remain healthy??

There is a fine line between negativity and reality Zeke. The reality is that only one team wins the championship every year, so is it negative to be realistic and say the odds are against ANY team from the start?

Your expectations and attitude are shaped by your experiences, and I think you're right on the mark with your predictions because that is exactly what the Rams have shown us in the past. Until they do something to change that it would be illogical to expect otherwise. In my uneducated (as far as football acumen) opinion I've seen enough of Bradford to believe he's not the answer. There are opinions around the league that would also concur. And I really don't give a rat's rectum what stats anybody quotes either. Some things can't be measured by stats. Bradford fails the "eyeball" test on multiple levels.

The team should be stronger next season with the additional high draft picks we have this year, and another year of experience for our current squad. But is a 9-7 record next season improvement? Is that really showing progress after so many supposedly good drafts?

As I've said in a previous post, my biggest fear is that Fisher wins just enough games, and upset just enough "better" teams that the Rams continue to tantalize the fans and owner into thinking we're going somewhere, while all the time we're just treading water with a mediocre QB that apparently has incriminating pictures of Fisher or something.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees and Tom Brady are extremely competitive QBs, they understand what it takes to be competitive. Their teams will always be deep into the playoffs with this mentality.

So, where will we be after the 2014 season with Sam absorbing 1/4 of our salary CAP???

With the 1st pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the St Louis RAMS select???

Brady and Brees have also had long careers of big money and big endorsements already. Nobody knows if Bradford would be willing to do so, he may be. However, restructuring usually means an extension with more guaranteed money in future seasons. If the Rams are on the fence about Bradford at all, would doing this put them in a bigger hole if they do decide to move on in 2015?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Brees have also had long careers of big money and big endorsements already. Nobody knows if Bradford would be willing to do so, he may be. However, restructuring usually means an extension with more guaranteed money in future seasons. If the Rams are on the fence about Bradford at all, would doing this put them in a bigger hole if they do decide to move on in 2015?

Actually that might even help in a potential trade with a team that believes in Bradford. It would make his contract more appealing, as opposed to trying to sign him after his current contract expires for no doubt more $$$ than he's worth.