• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Zach Wilson had a pretty bad injury, at least a bad scare. Hope the kid is ok.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Falcons QB Desmond Ridder completed 10-of-22 passes for 103 yards and two touchdowns in his preseason debut against Detroit.
The Falcons started Marcus Mariota, who left after scoring a rushing TD on the first series. Ridder's debut couldn't have went better"

I want to find a replay and watch before final judgement, BUT...sub 50% completion percentage, I'm gonna say that it could've gone A LOT better.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Falcons QB Desmond Ridder completed 10-of-22 passes for 103 yards and two touchdowns in his preseason debut against Detroit.
The Falcons started Marcus Mariota, who left after scoring a rushing TD on the first series. Ridder's debut couldn't have went better"

I want to find a replay and watch before final judgement, BUT...sub 50% completion percentage, I'm gonna say that it could've gone A LOT better.
I looked it over. A couple of plays where the falcons receivers lost 50/50 balls. A couple straight drops. Probably two turnover worthy passes. A couple of good scrambles.

Not enough info to make a bold claim but I'm not seeing anything to unseat Mariota

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't care about the situation, who he was playing against...nada....6 for 11 is not a good start
Agree.
But it sure complicates my possible "cut" decisions in D2. Especially with Mitchell hurt.

On a related note, was looking over some of the stat lines from week 1 preseason... a lot hyped RB were getting 6-12 carries and most had around 20 yards or so. Not good if you cant get yards against 2nd & 3rd string defenses.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That jumped out at me, too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1660414736010.png

Chiefs are going to be interesting to follow as they have some hard choices to make at WR and RB this off season. I would not mind seeing RoJo cut as I have a wager involving him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 305061

Chiefs are going to be interesting to follow as they have some hard choices to make at WR and RB this off season. I would not mind seeing RoJo cut as I have a wager involving him.
I love that little "trade candidate" toss in there at the end. Trade him for what?? To who? If he can't make a 53 in KC with nothing but a poser, rookies and roster fodder as competition, what kind of trade candidate is that?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 305061

Are they hard choices? If Pacheco looks good then it's an easy choice. If everyone sucks then it's a choice that lacks consequence.

Getting rid of Tyreek Hill was the tough choice. Orlando Brown is a tough choice.

WR and RB should play itself out. I wouldn't rule out Jet McKinnon getting cut instead of Rojo but all signs are pointing to Rojo. It looks like all of the doubters are right to doubt him

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They dropped a few balls.

I was impressed while watching him play yesterday afternoon. (6pm start was annoying)

He really impressed with his feet. Think he had 60 yards rushing. Extended drives a couple times.

He was playing against Detroits 2nd and third team groups though. And those are pretty lousy.

Also threw a pick that got called back because Jarrad Davis is still shitty his second time around as a Lion.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay..so before reading this, remember the Josh Jacobs blurb where they tried to drum up fear because he played in the first preseason game-

"Dameon Pierce rushed five times for 48 yards in the Texans’ preseason opener Saturday.

Veteran Marlon Mack got the start in the Texans’ backfield but rushed for just six yards on three carries, and Rex Burkhead didn’t even play. Pierce was the star of the night for the Texans, averaging 9.8 YPC with a long run of 20 yards. He ran with power and solidified himself as Houston’s best back. Whether or not the coaches start him right away is to be seen, but Pierce is probably the best bet to lead this backfield in touches this season"

Ok, so Josh Jacobs played, and they took that as a possible indictment that he might not be the lead back any longer, reasoning being that if he was, he wouldn't have played at all. Rex Burkhead doesn't play, and they seemingly assume it's that he wasn't worth playing, and isn't in the equation since 'he didn't even play'

So which is it? Going off the logic in the Jacobs post, Burkhead, by virtue of not playing, is the bona-fide starter. But here, he's an afterthought.

I dunno where edge/rotoworld gets these idiots who write these.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay..so before reading this, remember the Josh Jacobs blurb where they tried to drum up fear because he played in the first preseason game-

"Dameon Pierce rushed five times for 48 yards in the Texans’ preseason opener Saturday.

Veteran Marlon Mack got the start in the Texans’ backfield but rushed for just six yards on three carries, and Rex Burkhead didn’t even play. Pierce was the star of the night for the Texans, averaging 9.8 YPC with a long run of 20 yards. He ran with power and solidified himself as Houston’s best back. Whether or not the coaches start him right away is to be seen, but Pierce is probably the best bet to lead this backfield in touches this season"

Ok, so Josh Jacobs played, and they took that as a possible indictment that he might not be the lead back any longer, reasoning being that if he was, he wouldn't have played at all. Rex Burkhead doesn't play, and they seemingly assume it's that he wasn't worth playing, and isn't in the equation since 'he didn't even play'

So which is it? Going off the logic in the Jacobs post, Burkhead, by virtue of not playing, is the bona-fide starter. But here, he's an afterthought.

Bigger indication for me is that Mack was returning kicks.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there is a difference between the hall of fame game and other preseason games. Unless something has changed, the HOF game participants play an extra game and traditionally, most of the starters don't even suit up.

They are probably blowing things out of proportion, but I can see the difference in the situations.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a difference between the hall of fame game and other preseason games. Unless something has changed, the HOF game participants play an extra game and traditionally, most of the starters don't even suit up.

They are probably blowing things out of proportion, but I can see the difference in the situations.
I don't think it means diddly sqwat, in either situation.

Some coaches wanna see their guys out there, some don't. Some veterans feel the need to play a little and 'force' the coaches to give them a couple series, other times there's something that needs to get worked on in the game plan and in game is the only way to do it. Each and every situation needs its own evaluation, new coaches, new QB's new systems, aging vets, rookies..every variable can produce a different result and not mean sqwat all at the same time.

Now if a presumed starter is playing into when the #3's, or worse, are playing...now maybe you've got something to write about.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you want to protect your starters in preseason. But i dont understand why you still dont want to give the starters "contact" in the preaseason... especially if there is a new coordinator, new teammates, etc. Since you dont have that in practice, you NEED that real game type feel.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you want to protect your starters in preseason. But i dont understand why you still dont want to give the starters "contact" in the preaseason... especially if there is a new coordinator, new teammates, etc. Since you dont have that in practice, you NEED that real game type feel.
I railed pretty hard on the Rams last year, new QB, zero preseason game reps with all his new teammates. The bastards won the superbowl..so...???

But in general I totally agree. call it knocking the rust off or whatever..I'd have to have them taking at least SOME reps in real game situations before its for real.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Raiders preseason game #2..no Jacobs, no Ameer...doe's that put the situation to rest? Now the only Rb questions left to be decided should be, Zuess vs Drake..which I would imagine Zuess SHOULD win.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I railed pretty hard on the Rams last year, new QB, zero preseason game reps with all his new teammates. The bastards won the superbowl..so...???

But in general I totally agree. call it knocking the rust off or whatever..I'd have to have them taking at least SOME reps in real game situations before its for real.
Had the Bears in mind when i wrote that.
Fields needs the reps. All new WR 'cept for Mooney. What is 5 attempts going to accomplish? I just dont get that mentality?

And if the other team is resting their defensive 1st stringers, then those 5 attempts should have racked up yards. Not 40.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Raiders preseason game #2..no Jacobs, no Ameer...doe's that put the situation to rest? Now the only Rb questions left to be decided should be, Zuess vs Drake..which I would imagine Zuess SHOULD win.
A M E E R. Sorry had to be done. No fun lovin hoser could hold back