• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMIEN HARRISRB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
dh

SI's Albert Breer believes the Patriots could entertain the idea of trading contract-year RB Damien Harris.​

As Breer notes, Rhamondre Stevenson has established himself worthy of being the starter, and the Patriots have a stable of running backs behind both Stevenson and Harris. They signed Ty Montgomery, James White and J.J. Taylor remain on the roster, and New England drafted Pierre Strong and Kevin Harris. There's zero chance all these guys make the 53-man roster. Harris is likely to walk as a free agent in 2023, so if the Patriots feel comfortable enough with the younger guys, flipping Harris to an RB-needy team could make some sense. A Harris trade would absolutely skyrocket Stevenson's fantasy stock.

@TREFF
Treff instantly gives his love of this idea. LOL

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMIEN HARRISRB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
dh

SI's Albert Breer believes the Patriots could entertain the idea of trading contract-year RB Damien Harris.​

As Breer notes, Rhamondre Stevenson has established himself worthy of being the starter, and the Patriots have a stable of running backs behind both Stevenson and Harris. They signed Ty Montgomery, James White and J.J. Taylor remain on the roster, and New England drafted Pierre Strong and Kevin Harris. There's zero chance all these guys make the 53-man roster. Harris is likely to walk as a free agent in 2023, so if the Patriots feel comfortable enough with the younger guys, flipping Harris to an RB-needy team could make some sense. A Harris trade would absolutely skyrocket Stevenson's fantasy stock.

@TREFF
There would be precious few rhings football related that could make me happier than this coming true. But who's gonna trade for a RB? Melvin Gordon had to settle for a backup role in Denver and no one would've had to give up anything to get him.

Takes 2 to do the trade tango, and who still needs a REAL RB? (Spoiler alert- the same teams who needed one going into the draft)
And who has an actual reason to deal value for one?
ATL, HOUS, MIA they sorely need one, none have a viable reason to trade anything of value for a RB with one year on his deal. They are in no danger of realistically competing for the playoffs.

Would KC finally admit thier collection of underachievers is a failed experiment?

NO would have a need and a reason if shit hits the fan with Kamara sooner than later.

IMHO, the Rams would be well served by a guy like Harris, ciz I still don't buy Akers and his achillies.

I can't think of anyone else, baring a real serious contender having a guy go down to injury.

Same applies to the Josh Jacobs rumors, even if they really were trying to trade him, who will dance with them?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would be precious few rhings football related that could make me happier than this coming true. But who's gonna trade for a RB? Melvin Gordon had to settle for a backup role in Denver and no one would've had to give up anything to get him.

Takes 2 to do the trade tango, and who still needs a REAL RB? (Spoiler alert- the same teams who needed one going into the draft)
ATL, HOUS, MIA they sorely need one, none have a viable reason to trade anything of value for a RB with one year on his deal. They are in no danger of realistically competing for the playoffs.

Would KC finally admit thier collection of underachievers is a failed experiment?

NO would have a need and a reason if shit hits the fan with Kamara sooner than later.

IMHO, the Rams would be well served by a guy like Harris, ciz I still don't buy Akers and his achillies.

I can't think of anyone else, baring a real serious contender having a guy go down to injury.

Same applies to the Josh Jacobs rumors, even if they really were trying to trade him, who will dance with them?
Yeah finding someone to tango with is the hard part. How about the Cardinals. They seem all in and could use Harris I feel.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was gonna say this … in much less detail and specifics. I prefer your analysis.

Falcons and Texans have no reason to trade for him. They both have rookie RB’s worth a look and are in no danger of competing this year.

Dolphins are in play for the division/wild card though, but I’d say no chance for this trade after they moved on Edmonds and Mostert. Even if one could argue he’s better than all three, no way they shuffle the deck. This argument could also be used for KC.

Saints could have issues, but I doubt they move on that before they know what’s up with Kamara. October trade? Doubt it…are the Saints contenders?

I’d say the Chargers could look at him, depending on how Spiller looks. Good reason to have proven insurance behind/beside Ekeler.

Giants, less reason to do it…not Falcons/Texans less, but unlikely they make a playoff run. But they’re the only other team and can even pretend to make a case.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saints/Steelers, if they think they can compete. Both thin when you get past the #1 guy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints/Steelers, if they think they can compete. Both thin when you get past the #1 guy.
But do you trade for an insurance policy? I guess maybe, depending on the price? And with Trubisky or the rookie, in a division with Lamar and the Ravens, Burrows and the Bengals, and (maybe) Watson and the Browns, do they really have a shot at a wild card? Be a tough row to hoe.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say this … in much less detail and specifics. I prefer your analysis.

Falcons and Texans have no reason to trade for him. They both have rookie RB’s worth a look and are in no danger of competing this year.

Dolphins are in play for the division/wild card though, but I’d say no chance for this trade after they moved on Edmonds and Mostert. Even if one could argue he’s better than all three, no way they shuffle the deck. This argument could also be used for KC.

Saints could have issues, but I doubt they move on that before they know what’s up with Kamara. October trade? Doubt it…are the Saints contenders?

I’d say the Chargers could look at him, depending on how Spiller looks. Good reason to have proven insurance behind/beside Ekeler.

Giants, less reason to do it…not Falcons/Texans less, but unlikely they make a playoff run. But they’re the only other team and can even pretend to make a case.
Cards crossed my mind as well, wouldn't be a terrible idea to at least tandem with Conners, dude does have a history of missing a lot of time.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do you trade for an insurance policy? I guess maybe, depending on the price? And with Trubisky or the rookie, in a division with Lamar and the Ravens, Burrows and the Bengals, and (maybe) Watson and the Browns, do they really have a shot at a wild card? Be a tough row to hoe.
Tomlin will not go gently into the good night of a 7-10 season.

iu

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin will not go gently into the good night of a 7-10 season.

iu
Well if he didn't want to go that road, maybe he should've pushed a little harder for Mayfield, or Garrapolo to bridge to the rook, or maybe even RW. Gonna need a OG style Steel Curtain D to make the playoffs with Trubs

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he didn't want to go that road, maybe he should've pushed a little harder for Mayfield, or Garrapolo to bridge to the rook, or maybe even RW. Gonna need a OG style Steel Curtain D to make the playoffs with Trubs
Trubisky's per-game numbers are about the same as Ben's numbers last year (but not as many attempts). And he went 29-21 on a Bears team that went 4-10 without him.

If it's ground and pound you shouldn't put it all on Najee. Tomlin could use another horse back there.

(No way the Browns were letting the Steelers get Mayfield if they could help it.)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latavius was visiting with the Steelers, I thought. Haven’t heard anything so probably nothing came of it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky's per-game numbers are about the same as Ben's numbers last year (but not as many attempts). And he went 29-21 on a Bears team that went 4-10 without him.

If it's ground and pound you shouldn't put it all on Najee. Tomlin could use another horse back there.

(No way the Browns were letting the Steelers get Mayfield if they could help it.)
That win/loss ratio is largely built on that 2018 Bears, #1 defense in points allowed, #1 defense in yards rushing, #3 in yards passing, #1 in INT's. They only allowed more than 22 pts 4 times, and they lost all 4.

Zero 1000 yard rushers, zero 800+ yard receivers, Trubs was 3200 24/12

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win/loss ratio is largely built on that 2018 Bears, #1 defense in points allowed, #1 defense in yards rushing, #3 in yards passing, #1 in INT's. They only allowed more than 22 pts 4 times, and they lost all 4.

Dont think Will is referring to Trubs' 1st season... they were not 4-10 that year.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also important to remember that Najee looks just like Anne Hathaway.

iu
iu

Defenders might be like, "Whoa, that's Anne Hathaway!"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a good fit for the Rams IMO. They need someone who is a receiving threat out of the backfield if replacing Akers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think Will is referring to Trubs' 1st season... they were not 4-10 that year.
I guess I'm confused as to where you're going here?

My point wasn't any single season in particular, but rather, Trubisky's career W/L record being roughly .500 is due in large part to being 11-3 in '18, becuase the Bears had a truly elite defense. The year prior, they had a top 10 D and rookie Trubs was 4-8, the year after that elite D, 2019, they were still top 5 in D, Trubs was 8-7, then in '29 the D slacked off to top 15, Trubs was 6-8..
Thus..my original comment of : if Tomlins expects Trubs to lead the Steelers to the playoffs, he'd better have an 'OG Steel Curtain' type of defense for Trubs to lean on, cuz that's the only time he's better than a. 500 QB

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good fit for the Rams IMO. They need someone who is a receiving threat out of the backfield if replacing Akers.
Meh, he's no CMAC or Barkley or Ekeler out of the backfield, but he's not a negative in that aspect, hes just never been heavily utilized, especially given being in NE with guys like White and Bolden constantly around. They'd do just fine