• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were very careful with mac last year 25th in pass attempts lets see if they open the playbook but they have a good stable of RBs:suds:
I hope so, however, if its truly Patricia calling the plays..I seriously have my doubts the attempts go up..might even go down

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, however, if its truly Patricia calling the plays..I seriously have my doubts the attempts go up..might even go down
Technically speaking, hoodie is a defensive coach. Maybe Patricia's resume lacks the offensive background, but we are talking about credible, proven system.

We have our own opinions of how to improve a defense or offense, but we dont have the resume for either. I really dont think it matters to guys with NFL experience.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add too that in a lot of cases, imho it is not the playcalling that gets new coaches in trouble. (Most do tend to be conservative.) What get new coaches in trouble is clock management, timeouts, challenges, 4th down decisions, and then playcalling specifically in the 2-minute drill.

And really, while it may get coaches in trouble, it has not much impact to fantasy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two people slowed Matthew Stafford down. One was Matthew himself. The other was Matt Patricia when he coached the Lions.
offensive ranks of his three Lions teams, all with Matt Stafford, OC's - Jim Bob Cooter and Darrel Beville-
25th, 18th, and 20th in points..24th, 17th, and 20th in total yards, 23rd, 21st, and 30th in rushing yards, 20th, 10th and 10th in passing yards (oddly enough, Darrel Beville helped Stafford's passing numbers from in the gutter with Cooter, to respectable, even under Patricia--of course, Beville was also interim head coach after Patricia got fired and then did whatever he wanted..sooo...?)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.
But hoodie is still there.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.
But hoodie is still there.
and the reality is the OC may call the plays but the QB has the option to change them Its what made Brady and peyton so great
it will be interesting how mcnuggets does in vegas he also had a 1 year stint in stl and they were 32nd in points:suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the reality is the OC may call the plays but the QB has the option to change them Its what made Brady and peyton so great
it will be interesting how mcnuggets does in vegas he also had a 1 year stint in stl and they were 32nd in points:suds:
that little blip always gets kinda forgotten..Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemens, AJ Feeley...SJAX at 28 years old was the only real NFL playmaker they had. Brandon Lloyd was there for part of the season, but at 30 he had a foot out the door. Not much to work with..but he is Josh McDaniels, he's supposed to get water from a stone.

his Denver offenses with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow were nothing to write home about either.

I truly hope he's still got his NE touch in him when he has Carr, Adams, Waller, Renfrow and Jacobs (and AMMMMEEEERRRR) to work with. is it REALLY that big of a step down from Brady, Moss, Gronk, Welker, and whatever RB they used that year?

Edit./.ha..nevermind, Gronk isn't THAT old

Last edited:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truly hope he's still got his NE touch in him when he has Carr, Adams, Waller, Renfrow and Jacobs (and AMMMMEEEERRRR) to work with. is it REALLY that big of a step down from Brady, Moss, Gronk, Welker, and whatever RB they used that year?
Thats the million dollar question.

Not to go off on a tangent, but its a different era. I know Brady has his haters, but the guy is obviously a leader. Can probably say that about Manning, Brees and a few others.

And i'm talking about "true leaders." Players who expect/demand accountability. Not just team captains. Other players WANT to play for those guys. True leaders elevate the play of everyone else.

I think todays crop of leaders see only $$$. They may say all the right things, but its all about them - not the team. They drop hints about commercials, record deals, celebrity entourages, or movie aspirations.

Its sad. But in many respects, they were conditioned that way. They grew up their whole life being told they were the best at every level. And congrats, you made it to the NFL. Failure is not their fault, because they still believe they are the best.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only Brady V Squishy Mac, but also we're talking offenses ran by BIll O' Brien or Brian Flores vs an offense soon to be ran by career defensive minded Matt Patricia. O'Brien and Flores might not be McD or McVay or similar, but at least they are credible offensive minds whose systems have had at least some real success at the NFL level.
hey dont say that name :lm: ...........................

:dhd:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the million dollar question.

Not to go off on a tangent, but its a different era. I know Brady has his haters, but the guy is obviously a leader. Can probably say that about Manning, Brees and a few others.

And i'm talking about "true leaders." Players who expect/demand accountability. Not just team captains. Other players WANT to play for those guys. True leaders elevate the play of everyone else.

I think todays crop of leaders see only $$$. They may say all the right things, but its all about them - not the team. They drop hints about commercials, record deals, celebrity entourages, or movie aspirations.

Its sad. But in many respects, they were conditioned that way. They grew up their whole life being told they were the best at every level. And congrats, you made it to the NFL. Failure is not their fault, because they still believe they are the best.
Yeah, hard to say, hard to even speculate when you're not on the feild or in the room. Going off only what we get to see on Sundays, Carr LOOKS to have some of those leadership qualities like a Brady, Manning, Brees, but he doesn't have the resume that commands the respect, regardless of what he wants to portray, so, I don't know that if he was that guy, if others would even follow him to that level anyways. Don't know anything about Adams, Renfrow seems like an accountability type guy, so does Waller as he has been to the lowest of lows and come back from it. Everyone else?? Who knows.
McDaniels can be that guy if Carr can't, but is he?? If he is, and it works, even just that first season, it'll give Carr that resume and then he can take that role and expect players to follow. Big damned if though, cuz Josh certainly wasn't that guy in Denver.

That's the one solid constant with the Hoodie, regardless of anything else, the Patriots do fall in line with the hoodie, and for that reason, there's always a good probability for success there, and it may or may not equate to fantasy results, but it almost always results in good football teams. The one time it didnt?? The ultimate "me,me,me,me" guy in Cam Newton was under center.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that little blip always gets kinda forgotten..Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemens, AJ Feeley...SJAX at 28 years old was the only real NFL playmaker they had. Brandon Lloyd was there for part of the season, but at 30 he had a foot out the door. Not much to work with..but he is Josh McDaniels, he's supposed to get water from a stone.

his Denver offenses with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow were nothing to write home about either.

I truly hope he's still got his NE touch in him when he has Carr, Adams, Waller, Renfrow and Jacobs (and AMMMMEEEERRRR) to work with. is it REALLY that big of a step down from Brady, Moss, Gronk, Welker, and whatever RB they used that year?

Except he was responsible for having Orton and Tebow by trading away Cutler for Orton and picks and drafting Tebow the following year.

He even traded a 2010 1st round pick for a 2009 2nd rounder. The Seahawks used that first rounder to take Earl Thomas. Oops!

Maybe he can be a good head coach, but he should never be a GM again or have that kind of control over personnel decisions.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except he was responsible for having Orton and Tebow by trading away Cutler for Orton and picks and drafting Tebow the following year.

He even traded a 2010 1st round pick for a 2009 2nd rounder. The Seahawks used that first rounder to take Earl Thomas. Oops!

Maybe he can be a good head coach, but he should never be a GM again or have that kind of control over personnel decisions.
You didn't even mention the whole Maurice Clarret debacle...

There was some severe front office issues in Denver that offseason, Pat Bollen was in fading health, and not all that present, there was no GM, no president, since Shanny Sr. was the end all be all the year prior, McDaniels should've never been anything but the coach, but he filled both roles. He wasn't even close to ready.

Now..none of that excuses the choices he made, he's still %100 responsible, but it's not quite as cut and dry as 'he fucked it all up'. The Broncos organization holds plenty of liability for their choice in making an OC be their president/GM/Head coach all at once as well.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if its 07 u r talking about watson was the TE 36/389/6

wr
moss
welker
stallworth
rb
maroney
morris
faulk-rec back

451 rushes
586 passes