• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fan Grades so far for the Seahawks

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper gave it a C+ so that means it will end up in the A range.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-

because they didnt address OL

Love the Richardson Pick. As well as the Pierre Louis Pick

Y in the Bloody hell did we draft a S?

I thought I read or saw PC say they think he might have the skills to play CB or nickel corner.

Camp fodder

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper gave it a C+ so that means it will end up in the A range.

I love how Kiper tries to defend himself by saying he spends hours researching these guys and thinks it is the development and the system that makes our players great. He can't seem to admit his system may be flawed.

I actually agree with him a bit, but as PC/JS keep finding Pro Bowl/All Pro talent in the late rounds, he is going to need to take a long hard look at his system.

The Hawks have the luxury of looking for boom/bust type players. The core of the team is in tact, and now it is trying to find guys that can be special players.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Kiper tries to defend himself by saying he spends hours researching these guys and thinks it is the development and the system that makes our players great. He can't seem to admit his system may be flawed.

I actually agree with him a bit, but as PC/JS keep finding Pro Bowl/All Pro talent in the late rounds, he is going to need to take a long hard look at his system.

The Hawks have the luxury of looking for boom/bust type players. The core of the team is in tact, and now it is trying to find guys that can be special players.

I don't know, he's got a point. If everyone knew that Chancellor and Sherman were future all-pros, both would have gone early in the first round instead of the fifth. I think that PC/JS look for players that don't fit the standard mold and so they are unwanted. It may be why they "reach" for so many players, they just really look at players they feel fit for them, but don't necessarily fit for everyone else's idea. Give some of our stars a different system with a different set of coaches, and they very well could have been nothing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, he's got a point. If everyone knew that Chancellor and Sherman were future all-pros, both would have gone early in the first round instead of the fifth. I think that PC/JS look for players that don't fit the standard mold and so they are unwanted. It may be why they "reach" for so many players, they just really look at players they feel fit for them, but don't necessarily fit for everyone else's idea. Give some of our stars a different system with a different set of coaches, and they very well could have been nothing.

Never the less, the Seahawks have their system and coaches, so if Kiper wants to quit looking like a dumbass he best adjust.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya. We did draft opposite of other teams for most years since defense was the focus and not offense. What I mean by Kiper having to re-evaluate his rankings is, there are things other than measurables that matter. Maybe his rankings for the general players is fine, but when he gives grades, the team needs and philosophy should matter a little more than "value." In the Hawks and Niners situation, the talent is pretty deep, so grabbing boom/bust type players that can give you a shot at "a really special player," should be seen as a legitimate strategy instead of negative grades for reaching.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never the less, the Seahawks have their system and coaches, so if Kiper wants to quit looking like a dumbass he best adjust.

Maybe, maybe not. He's right as often as anyone else, if not more. I like Kiper, but I also like following about 20 or so different 'nicks. Thus far, he's been right on all of the Hawks early picks. He loved Okung and Thomas, and thought the Hawks reached on Carpenter and Irvin. His ideas of later round guys are hit and miss, but isn't that how it is for everyone?

Not really trying to defend Kiper as much as it appears, just seems at times that Hawks fans think that the Seahawks are somehow draft gods, and that the front office can't make mistakes. They've made plenty of mistakes, they've just been fortunate enough that late round and UDFA signings have kind've made up for them.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. We did draft opposite of other teams for most years since defense was the focus and not offense. What I mean by Kiper having to re-evaluate his rankings is, there are things other than measurables that matter. Maybe his rankings for the general players is fine, but when he gives grades, the team needs and philosophy should matter a little more than "value." In the Hawks and Niners situation, the talent is pretty deep, so grabbing boom/bust type players that can give you a shot at "a really special player," should be seen as a legitimate strategy instead of negative grades for reaching.

That is a legitimate point.