• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Exum Wants to Play for Lakers!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many players have recovered and played ball after serious injuries. Kobe is not the first player to be injured and won't be the last. No one in here are prophets that can tell the future. Just because you want Kobe to not recover from his injuries does not mean it will happen that way and just because you make fabricate the future for Kobe does not make it true. If you believe that Kobe will never be relevent again and keep the Lakers from making the playoffs then BASED ON WHAT:

What medical doctors have you spoken to that will back you up?

If those medical doctors are backing you up, have they examined Kobe?

What scientific evidence/documentation do you have to make your point?

Statistics on injuries for players that recover vs those that don't?

Do you have any at all?

Who besides the wannabe posters in here are saying that the Lakers will never make the playoffs with Kobe?

Do you have any legitimate experts to back you up?

Now if Magic Johnson or even Pat Rile was saying this stuff - I would still think they were talking stupid - but atleast you would have some one better then a so call internet expert saying this

In fact has anyone in the NBA community expressed this opinion and I am not talking about someone like Hollinger who thinks his power rankings means something

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three things:

1.) It's unlikely that the Lakers would have made the playoffs this year unless Kobe, Nash and Pau were all healthy, all season and played at a high level. Yes, the Lakers were playing some decent basketball before all of the injuries, but their highwater mark was 10-9 after 19 games. Had that unit (which did not include Kobe) stayed healthy, they were looking at settling in right around a .500 record. That would not have been good enough to make the playoffs in the West.

2.) First you claimed it was injuries, then you blamed the coaching staff. Which is it? If the problem has been the injuries, you can't really blame the coaching staff. If the problem is the coaching staff, then you can't blame the injuries unless you believe that the coaching staff caused the injuries.

3.) You really need to tone it down on the insults. I have had my issues with turnup as well, but he posted some valid questions and did not insult anyone.

First of all - D'antoni's coaching staff caused the injuries by trying to play older players not capable of running at the level he expects - so I blame the coaching staff for the injuries by not protecting his players. It was unprecedented to play Kobe 48 minutes last year and that absolutely caused the injuries.

Note the Popovich for several years has protected his assets and lengthened the careers of Parker, D'antoni and some of the others - that was smart.

Second: Once the injuries happened - there was simply no way to coach the team to wins - but part of D'antoni's failed system is using only 8 players in his rotation - bad move - bad move and bad move - that means more stress on aging players whose minutes should be limited and the players on the bench gets less time to be ready to play.

I contend that Turnip has ZERO VALID POINTS BECAUSE HE DOES NOT KNOW THE FUTURE

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one word I typed was stupid, or more to the point inaccurate.

As TF pointed out, anything can happen, but that also applies to every other team.

Since currently you are the worst team, a team that has 48m tied up in a player whose on the court value may be 20-25 % of that??, you play in a loaded conference, where is this rise from bottom to playoffs in the next 2 years?

Nobody ever said ever.

Most people just feel post Kobe is when your real upswing will begin.

I agree to a point. I believe that the Lakers can get back into contention with Kobe as early as next season and definitely by the 2nd season if the Lakers plan is solid and executed properly. As I've said before, Kobe seems to be good with whatever the plan is. Considering he doesn't normally have a problem questioning the FO, I see that as encouraging.

Obviously, it's a plan and like any plan, it can fail or not be properly executed. Heck, with the moves the Lakers made prior to last season, most were predicting a finals appearance for them. We all saw how that worked out.

What I think is most likely to happen is that the Lakers are a playoff team next year (probably 7 or 8 seed). Improve the following year with the addition of a max FA (Love?) and then get back into true contention with the addition of another max FA when Kobe retires.

So, I'm guessing 3-5 years depending for them to be back. That seems okay given the way the cba is set up.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Turnip has legitimate analysts to substantiate his claims - they are absolutely worthless. No one knows if Kobe can recover and play at a high level again and if can then the past statistics of missing only one playoff in 18 years clearly indicates that the Lakers should make the playoffs. The Western Conference has been tough for the last decade or better and the Lakers won two championships back to back when most people thought the Lakers would miss the playoffs. When the Lakers traded for Gasol, they were in first place thanks to Andrew Bynum. The statics proves Turnip does NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the right moves this summer and a recovered Kobe and Gasol the Lakers could easily make the playoffs even though their chances with D'antoni would be less then having a better coach

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you Good?

You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me?, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. :nutswing:

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're all a bunch of fucken ass holes, and do you know why ??

Because you don't have the guts to be what you want to be. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. :nutswing:

All they have to do is document where they get their information from(the opinion that the Lakers will never make the playoffs again with Kobe). They obviously have nothing to go on and are fabricating their opinions on the fly

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crickets Chirping - no documentation to back them up posted to date

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all - D'antoni's coaching staff caused the injuries by trying to play older players not capable of running at the level he expects - so I blame the coaching staff for the injuries by not protecting his players. It was unprecedented to play Kobe 48 minutes last year and that absolutely caused the injuries.

First of all, D'Antoni slowed the offense because of the older players. His offense isn't "7 seconds or less", it's "move it or shoot it". They ran it as "7 seconds or less" in Phoenix because those are the players he had. With the Lakers, it's been "move it or shoot it.

What doctor do you have to back up your claim that Kobe's injury was caused from playing too much? Every doctor that I have read has said that he could just as easily done it stepping off a curb. They said his minutes had nothing to do with it.

Note the Popovich for several years has protected his assets and lengthened the careers of Parker, D'antoni and some of the others - that was smart.

In order for the Lakers to make the playoffs, Kobe HAD to play those minutes. That's not the fault of the coaching staff. Popovich has had the same core group of players for years. Of course he had the luxury of resting them, he was in a completely different situation.

Second: Once the injuries happened - there was simply no way to coach the team to wins - but part of D'antoni's failed system is using only 8 players in his rotation - bad move - bad move and bad move - that means more stress on aging players whose minutes should be limited and the players on the bench gets less time to be ready to play.

At the start of the season and when he's had more than 7 or 8 players available, D'Antoni has gone 10-12 deep this season. Last season, he had virtually nothing past his first 7-8 players. Do you not remember how horrible the Lakers bench was last year?

I contend that Turnip has ZERO VALID POINTS BECAUSE HE DOES NOT KNOW THE FUTURE

Neither do you or I. Yet, you want to predict that the Lakers will be right back into contention and have those treated as valid points, but you don't want to acknowledge that an opposing point of view is just as valid.

As I've said, we don't know what is going to happen, so your opinion and my opinion is no more or less valid than turnup's.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Turnip has legitimate analysts to substantiate his claims - they are absolutely worthless. No one knows if Kobe can recover and play at a high level again and if can then the past statistics of missing only one playoff in 18 years clearly indicates that the Lakers should make the playoffs. The Western Conference has been tough for the last decade or better and the Lakers won two championships back to back when most people thought the Lakers would miss the playoffs. When the Lakers traded for Gasol, they were in first place thanks to Andrew Bynum. The statics proves Turnip does NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT -

I will bet you right now, anything you want ( that can enforced on here) that the Lakers will NOT be predicted to make the playoffs when next season starts.

That means, when the Vegas regular season W/L totals are posted, I say you are below number 8.

Vegas is the best, unbiased analyst because money is stake vs opinion.

If you recall, a lot you took offense this season when Vegas had you at 36 wins and a 12 seed.

Obviously they were a bit high in you this season.

Balls in your court.

Like Bot said, put up or shut up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet you right now, anything you want ( that can enforced on here) that the Lakers will NOT be predicted to make the playoffs when next season starts.

That means, when the Vegas regular season W/L totals are posted, I say you are below number 8.

Vegas is the best, unbiased analyst because money is stake vs opinion.

If you recall, a lot you took offense this season when Vegas had you at 36 wins and a 12 seed.

Obviously they were a bit high in you this season.

Balls in your court.

Like Bot said, put up or shut up.

You may want to wait until after the draft/FA signings in the off-season before making such bets. Just sayin'.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither do you or I. Yet, you want to predict that the Lakers will be right back into contention and have those treated as valid points, but you don't want to acknowledge that an opposing point of view is just as valid.

As I've said, we don't know what is going to happen, so your opinion and my opinion is no more or less valid than turnup's.

I never said the Lakers would be right back in contention - I just said that the Lakers will easily make the playoffs next year. No playoff team in the 6th, 7th or 8th seed has ever been a serious contender more then once or twice in the last 40 years - so making the playoffs is not that big of deal.

What I am saying is that saying the Lakers will absolutely miss the playoffs as long as Kobe plays - is a flat out ignorant statement and I stand behind that 100% - No one knows that kind of a sure thing in the NBA or any other major league sports.

Lets just talk sensable now.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may want to wait until after the draft/FA signings in the off-season before making such bets. Just sayin'.

I'll take my chances.
I think the only way I'm wrong would be if James went there and I'm as confident as confident can be that he isn't.

Like I said earlier, top 6 teams IMO aren't going anywhere so IMO you are fighting for 1 of 2 spots against what I already know should be good/ improved teams.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the Lakers would be right back in contention - I just said that the Lakers will easily make the playoffs next year. No playoff team in the 6th, 7th or 8th seed has ever been a serious contender more then once or twice in the last 40 years - so making the playoffs is not that big of deal.

What I am saying is that saying the Lakers will absolutely miss the playoffs as long as Kobe plays - is a flat out ignorant statement and I stand behind that 100% - No one knows that kind of a sure thing in the NBA or any other major league sports.

Lets just talk sensable now.

We both said " next 2 seasons".

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously they were a bit high in you this

Yeah, injuries had nothing to do with it. We said the Lakers would make the playoffs this year, but thats before we knew the Lakers would have one of the most injury-prone team of all time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take my chances.
I think the only way I'm wrong would be if James went there and I'm as confident as confident can be that he isn't.

Like I said earlier, top 6 teams IMO aren't going anywhere so IMO you are fighting for 1 of 2 spots against what I already know should be good/ improved teams.

If memory serves, you (based on Vegas odds) had the Lakers at around #9 or #10 in the West. Jumping from 9 or 10 to 7 or 8, doesn't require adding Lebron. It requires a solid FA or 2 and improvement from some of the existing young guys.

The addition of James would be required to be a contender next season, not to make the playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, injuries had nothing to do with it. We said the Lakers would make the playoffs this year, but thats before we knew the Lakers would have one of the most injury-prone team of all time.

Ummmm.

Injuries had ZERO to do with pre season Vegas predictions.

While of course they had an impact on you becoming the 15 seed, as TF pointed out, the peak of your season was at 10-9.

I predicted you not to suck. I said 'around.500', which still isn't sniffing playoffs.

Looking back now, IMO .500 wasn't even realistic because the West is so tough top to bottom.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what he said ?? Botslayer :der: that dude is on heroin most of the time his on here. Come on TurnUp don't take his quote seriously. :L

I was dead serious with my bets that were offered, feel free to pick one and your stakes. Or pick a couple and we can do a best of 3 or what ever.

@TLF All of my claims were based on the information available and rational deduction.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't talk so stupid if you don't want to get knocked down a peg - it's that simple. You Miami thugs are always talking crap about the Lakers and saying the dumbest things. What else do you expect when so much stupidity comes out of your butts

I dont mind when anybody else talk crap, but its funny when you do it. You talk a lot of shit, but you was always the first one to complain to the mods on cbs, getting people warned. You just had a sissy fit, when Hurrishit called you out about being a child ******er messing with little boys.