• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Exum Wants to Play for Lakers!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality for all of you that Hate the Lakers is that both the organization and fans are expecting the Lakers to rebuild and be contenders again and we are not talking about ten years for now or even five years from now. We are expecting for something good to happen this summer that will put us into hunt and when Kobe retires, we will expecting the organization to find ways to make it happen again. The reality of never winning another championship is for teams like the Bulls and the Celtics.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you sure went to a lot of trouble to be so far off.

No one said it's like a pizza company. However, there are reasons that teams keep winning titles despite multiple changes in ownership. The ingredients may change, but the end product is still a team that wins titles. You're trying to give reasons why the Lakers can't/won't win titles any time soon. Yet you ignore the fact that the Lakers (and other franchises in sports) manage to win titles despite changes in ownership. Why is it that some franchises can change owners and continue winning titles and others can't?

No cap in baseball and it being played in the summer months? That's not even worth a reply. Talk about grasping at straws.

The comparison I was using was far from pointless. I was using what has happened with the Dodgers to back up the point about owners facing an unhappy fanbase and losing revenue putting pressure on new owners to continue the previous owners success. Sorry the concept was too difficult for you to grasp.

Of course things come to an end and then new things start. The 70's Lakers ended and then Showtime started, Showtime ended and then we had Shaq/Kobe. Shaq/Kobe ended and we got Kobe/Gasol. The next chapter is yet to be decided.

Folks like you want it to be a long period of irrelevance, so of course that's what you're going to predict. Lakers fans like me, want a return to contention asap and that is what we're going to predict. End of the day, none of us knows what the hell is going to happen until it all plays out.

A Lakers hater predicting a long championship drought for the franchise?:lol:tell me it ain't so...

As far as what i personally believe, the Lakers can be contenders again quite possibly in the next couple of seasons. Depends what the brain trust does with this draft and the next couple of FA periods...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember on the old ESPN boards, people were saying after the 04/05 season that the Lakers "wouldn't win another championship in at least 20 years". Basically the same shit we're reading right now.

:L

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you sure went to a lot of trouble to be so far off.

No one said it's like a pizza company. However, there are reasons that teams keep winning titles despite multiple changes in ownership. The ingredients may change, but the end product is still a team that wins titles. You're trying to give reasons why the Lakers can't/won't win titles any time soon. Yet you ignore the fact that the Lakers (and other franchises in sports) manage to win titles despite changes in ownership. Why is it that some franchises can change owners and continue winning titles and others can't?

No cap in baseball and it being played in the summer months? That's not even worth a reply. Talk about grasping at straws.

The comparison I was using was far from pointless. I was using what has happened with the Dodgers to back up the point about owners facing an unhappy fanbase and losing revenue putting pressure on new owners to continue the previous owners success. Sorry the concept was too difficult for you to grasp.

Of course things come to an end and then new things start. The 70's Lakers ended and then Showtime started, Showtime ended and then we had Shaq/Kobe. Shaq/Kobe ended and we got Kobe/Gasol. The next chapter is yet to be decided.

Folks like you want it to be a long period of irrelevance, so of course that's what you're going to predict. Lakers fans like me, want a return to contention asap and that is what we're going to predict. End of the day, none of us knows what the hell is going to happen until it all plays out.

Great post. :agree:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fan base has pride and no fan base can or should back down. But you La posters reduce debate to using the past history when the logic of any thread suggests changes are needed.

Packers, 49rs, Liverpool, Canadians, Yankees , celtics

Notice any common link?

They are the top title holders. And each went off the cliff.

Liverpool, Celtics and 49rs are inching their way back, but it only came through great management.

Yankees still suffering from losing George.

But continue to use that crutch. All other posters know the shtick well.

Anyways, it's all good fun. Love this sport as do you all.

Exum again looks like a good addition. On a separate note, I hear both Ainge and west are down on this draft class? Posturing or reality?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the Lakers completely go "off the cliff". They're the only NBA team to make it to the finals at least once every decade, and the last time they won the title was only 4 years ago.

Give it 2 years max and they'll be one of the best again.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics stunk up the place for 20 plus years, if the Lakers miss the playoffs next year it will be the first time they've missed the playoffs in back to back seasons in a lot of years. The Celtics won most of their titles behind Bill Russell against inferior competition.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck what this Smeltics fan's think, most of them in here weren't even alive for those Bill Russell Smeltics Championships & probably don't even remember the 80's that much since they were still in their daddy's nut sack. Let them keep talking if it make's their puppy tail wag. In the end they will be irrelevant for another 25 years & who the hell want's to play in Boston anyways ?? give me a break, what a fucken joke.

Deal with it Smeltics fans, you're starting to become almost as bad as Heatboners. Worry about you're team instead worrying more about the Lakers. :laugh3:

138695641_tp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck what this [/B]Smeltics fan's think, most of them in here weren't even alive for those Bill Russell Smeltics Championships & probably don't even remember the 80's that much since they were still in their daddy's nut sack. Let them keep talking if it make's their puppy tail wag. In the end they will be irrelevant for another 25 years & who the hell want's to play in Boston anyways ?? give me a break, what a fucken joke.

Deal with it Smeltics fans, you're starting to become almost as bad as Heatboners. Worry about you're team instead worrying more about the Lakers. :laugh3:

138695641_tp.jpg

Smeltics ahahaha I get it, because they stink.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck what this Smeltics fan's think, most of them in here weren't even alive for those Bill Russell Smeltics Championships & probably don't even remember the 80's that much since they were still in their daddy's nut sack. Let them keep talking if it make's their puppy tail wag. In the end they will be irrelevant for another 25 years & who the hell want's to play in Boston anyways ?? give me a break, what a fucken joke.

138695641_tp.jpg

Nice!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player is bigger than the league and no one should ever be allowed to dictate where they start out at. I have many reasons not to respect Kobe the person but this is what started it all.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Laker fans, I am simply stating that LAL will not make the 2nd round as long as Kobe is on the books.

I will take any bets on the following:

-Pau and Kobe never make the playoffs again in a Lakers jersey as starters, must have more minutes than any other C/PF (which ever helps your case more) and SG on the team respectively.
-Kobe will never be a positive impact on court, we will use WS, WARP and +/- stats etc. Kobe being a good on court coach is a BS cop out and I am ruling out that argument right now. Has to be stat defined.
-Kobe plays less than 2952 minutes the rest of his career in the NBA, or 36 minutes for 82 games.
-Pau in his quest to be a contender signs with somebody besides the LAL, this one we can tinker with.
-Kobe's PER, we can tinker with this too, some where between average or with in so many points of his career average etc.
-I am sure I am missing several other bets.

No player is bigger than the league and no one should ever be allowed to dictate where they start out at. I have many reasons not to respect Kobe the person but this is what started it all.

What are you even talking about? You think Kobe was the first player to say he wouldn't play for a team? Or is Kobe what started the super teams being friends and joining forces with each other?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fan base has pride and no fan base can or should back down. But you La posters reduce debate to using the past history when the logic of any thread suggests changes are needed.

Your inability to understand the simple concept of past performance being a good indicator of future performance is a you problem, not a Lakers fan problem.

Also, exactly which Lakers fans have suggested that changes aren't needed. Lakers fans have been talking about/suggesting/debating changes from which players they should/should not go after in the draft and FA, whether or not we need a new coach, who it should be and how soon and who should be exerting the most control over the team.

Your assertion that Lakers fans aren't aware that changes need to happen shows that you either aren't reading Lakers fans posts, aren't comprehending those posts or are so fixated on your own opinion that you won't acknowledge that Lakers fans understand changes are needed. My guess is it's the last option.

Packers, 49rs, Liverpool, Canadians, Yankees , celtics

Notice any common link?

They are the top title holders. And each went off the cliff.

Liverpool, Celtics and 49rs are inching their way back, but it only came through great management.

Yankees still suffering from losing George.

You notice which team isn't on that list? The Lakers. You know why? Because they haven't "gone off the cliff" just yet. Are they about to? Maybe. We'll have to wait and see what happens over the next couple of seasons.

But continue to use that crutch. All other posters know the shtick well.

Again, not a crutch. It's confidence in the franchise that the franchise has earned. Considering that, as Shaqdaddy points out, the Lakers have made the finals in every single decade I don't think the confidence in the franchise is misplaced.

I love how predicting the Lakers going "off the cliff" (which has never happened in their existence) is considered "logic", but confidence that they will get it figured out and do what's necessary to get back in contention is considered a "crutch".

Anyways, it's all good fun. Love this sport as do you all.

Exum again looks like a good addition. On a separate note, I hear both Ainge and west are down on this draft class? Posturing or reality?

If I understood what they said correctly, they basically said that the players in this draft aren't NBA ready like Lebron and KD. Well no shit fellas.

How many rookies in NBA history have come in as "NBA ready" as Lebron and KD? Since 1980, the only one's I can think of are Magic, Bird and MJ.

Kobe wasn't even as NBA ready as Lebron and KD.

I really like Exum. I love that he can play PG or SG and appears to have a good attitude. He says that if goes to the Lakers, he wants to be mentored by Kobe. I was a big Embiid guy until I studied up on Exum.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Laker fans, I am simply stating that LAL will not make the 2nd round as long as Kobe is on the books.

I will take any bets on the following:

-Pau and Kobe never make the playoffs again in a Lakers jersey as starters, must have more minutes than any other C/PF (which ever helps your case more) and SG on the team respectively.
-Kobe will never be a positive impact on court, we will use WS, WARP and +/- stats etc. Kobe being a good on court coach is a BS cop out and I am ruling out that argument right now. Has to be stat defined.
-Kobe plays less than 2952 minutes the rest of his career in the NBA, or 36 minutes for 82 games.
-Pau in his quest to be a contender signs with somebody besides the LAL, this one we can tinker with.
-Kobe's PER, we can tinker with this too, some where between average or with in so many points of his career average etc.
-I am sure I am missing several other bets.

What are you even talking about? You think Kobe was the first player to say he wouldn't play for a team? Or is Kobe what started the super teams being friends and joining forces with each other?

You obviously do not know what you're talking about which is common for morons.:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always seem to miss the good stuff lately...:lol:

Nothing big - just dumb ass talking stupid about the Lakers missing the playoffs as long as Kobe is still around. The retard thinks that just because he says it, that makes it correct.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TLF if life bans are too steep for you make it a month or 3 months or avatar bet, what ever you think you can afford chump.