• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone like to dog Cleveland's upper management as a way to validate LeBron...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have.

Or just sign Ariza instead of LeBron's Klutch boy KCP.

That was the move.

I will say Paul George and ariza both fit amazingly with bron

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me where I said that.

You are attributing quotes to me I never said.

You said Butler would fit well with LeBron. I said he would not.

That does not mean they could not have success together. They could. But it would be far from ideal for Butler. Like LeBron and Wade obviously had a lot of success. But it wasn't the ideal symbiotic relationship.

If you want to make a list of high scoring guards/wings players who would best fit with LeBron, it would look like this:

Klay
Curry
Durant
Paul George
Kawhi
Middleton
Harris
J. Murray

Then down the list a bit would be ball dominant shooters like:

Lillard
Kyrie
McCollum
D. Russell
L. Williams

Butler is a nice player, but his skill set does not fit well with a super ball dominant player like LeBron. And he isn't a high end creator like the guys listed in the second tier. All of these would fit better than Butler.

And I am not saying pairing Tobias Harris with Lebron would lead to more winning than Kyrie or Lillard with LeBron. I am saying Harris would be a lot closer to being able to maximize his talents than those
Guys would because of their playing styles.
Implied exactly what I said. First it was ball dominant players could not succeed, then it was well they could but only really, really good ones like Wade and Kyrie.

I think Butler should be on that list. I'd probably have him ahead of Harris and Murray to be a fit with Lebron, but like the guys you included. A couple obviously not in the running as not available, but if they were, sure.

Not seeing Butler really being any more ball dominant than some of the others. Sure, he had to be in Chicago and maybe Minnesota. He seems willing to defer some to Simmons and Embid when that is working. Good he can take over if he has to, and often has this series.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't really know what far better and deeper really means but they are without a doubt better. Lebron had limited help last year, I thought they had no chance against GS. Milwaukee has Giannis who is a beast and he has some damn good teammates around him and young guys.

Cavs

Love- 14.9
George Hill- 9.2
JR Smith- 8.7
Korver- 8.3
Jeff Green- 7.7
Tristan- 6.2

Rodney Hood- 5.4

Bucks

Middleton- 20.0
Bledsoe- 16.1
George Hill- 11.1
Lopez- 9.7
Mirotic- 9.3
Connaughton- 8.6

Sterling Brown- 6.0

If you look at those 5 guys bolded above who are the 3-4-5-6-7 guys on both teams, I would take that Bucks crew EASILY imo Korver and Smith were the only shooters and they were inconsistent and Korver never showed up in big games it seemed like.
Lopez, Bledsoe and Mirotic, each and every one of them, is better than any Cavs bench player.
It's the reason why Lebron had to takeover every game and they still lost when he went for 50 in Game 1 in Finals. Giannis can have "an off game" and they can still win.

I do think Jeff Green was underrated, he was huge in some games. It was lacking of outside shooting for the Cavs that killed them and that's what the Bucks do best

The Cavs would still have the edge and more than likely be favorites based on Vegas odds for 1 very important reason that tlance seems to be struggling with...

Experience. The Cavs players know how to win, well the bucks do not...They have no experience, they haven't played in a single finals. The cavs would game plan and more than likely beat them. The Bucks played in the playoffs last year and were not very good...They are better this year but not that much better...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I replied to this on page one

I haven't read the rest but I'm laying money on DT

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell tlance has never really watched the bucks games, because he is overrating those other players. They are not stars and i still have them possibly losing the series to Boston even with having HC.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind he includes a player who has not yet seen the court in the playoffs. Really hard to take him seriously thinking Lopez is more valuable than TT.

TT is a champion and tough...Not sure what Lopez has ever done. I honestly think the Bucks would be crushed even by our old team. Their best player can't shoot outside shots. The Cavs were bigger than the Celtics and much stronger. You keep Giannis out of the paint and that team falls apart. We saw that happen when the Celtics did that in game 1.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at the regular season matchups we beat Mill last year 3-1...2 blowouts lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is a champion and tough...Not sure what Lopez has ever done. I honestly think the Bucks would be crushed even by our old team. Their best player can't shoot outside shots. The Cavs were bigger than the Celtics and much stronger. You keep Giannis out of the paint and that team falls apart. We saw that happen when the Celtics did that in game 1.
I have to admit I don't think it would be easy.....Seems like Bucks played us pretty well last year (small sample size, I realize). But, yeah, I think we'd beat them.

Idea they are far better and deeper is absurd.....expected, I guess, from Extreme Guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure its coincidence that no one wanted Lopez except on a vet. min deal while multiple teams were willing to give up multiple picks to get Kyle Korver. Use your brain.

Yep. Only a total clown would try to use their contracts as a means of valuing their contributions. No way that could go wrong.

Lopez signed a minimum deal with a contender because he was a missing piece.

Lopez averaged 12.5 PPG and 28 MPG on 1 of the 3 best teams in the NBA. While his shooting has been off in the playoffs, he is still getting 28 minutes because he plays a vital role.

Korver on the other hand?

9 points in 20 minutes and only 7 minutes per game in the playoffs. He even got a combined total of 1:40 in Utah's 2 elimination games, including a DNP.

But obviously Korver is better. LOL.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Only a total clown would try to use their contracts as a means of valuing their contributions. No way that could go wrong.

Lopez averaged 12.5 PPG and 28 MPG on 1 of the 3 best teams in the NBA. While his shooting has been off in the playoffs, he is still getting 28 minutes because he plays a vital role.

9 points in 20 minutes and only 7 minutes per game in the playoffs. He even got a combined total of 1:40 in Utah's 2 elimination games, including a DNP.

Kovers 9 points were more important tho

They need Lopez to score that much, we didn't

Plus lets pump the brakes a little until Mill actually advances to the finals...

You are bringing up 1st and 2nd round matchups to prove a point vs a team that went to the finals? lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit I don't think it would be easy.....Seems like Bucks played us pretty well last year (small sample size, I realize). But, yeah, I think we'd beat them.

Idea they are far better and deeper is absurd.....expected, I guess, from Extreme Guy.

You do realize that the Bucks are much better this year than last?

Celtics almost beat Cleveland without Kyrie and Hayward, and you guys think they could compete with this year's Bucks team?

Cmon man.

Going out on a limb to say wiggy has not watched the Bucks play more than twice this season.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Celtics almost beat Cleveland without Kyrie and Hayward, and you guys think they could compete with this year's Bucks team?

Cmon man.

Going out on a limb to say wiggy has not watched the Bucks play more than twice this season.

First Hayward sucks

Second, Kyrie is very good, but the combination of Tatum, Smart and Brown played better last year

Also If Lebron stayed i would assume the Cavs would have added another piece, so it's still unlikely Mill would have won lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon man.

Yes, I realize they are better. I also realize the Cavs were very good last year and beat a team that was as good as Milwaukee this year in the reg. season. Swept them, in fact.

You get Boston played as well or better last year and this year without Kyrie? I'd even say Smart is more important to them than Hayward, and the Cavs beat them with Smart and no home court. Milwaukee is getting them without Smart and with home court.

Never mind I didn't say I'm sure the cavs would beat them, but idea Milwaukee is far better and deeper remains absurd. Not as silly as you thinking Lopez is better than TT, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I realize they are better. I also realize the Cavs were very good last year and beat a team that was as good as Milwaukee this year in the reg. season. Swept them, in fact.

You get Boston played as well or better last year and this year without Kyrie? I'd even say Smart is more important to them than Hayward, and the Cavs beat them with Smart and no home court. Milwaukee is getting them without Smart and with home court.

Never mind I didn't say I'm sure the cavs would beat them, but idea Milwaukee is far better and deeper remains absurd. Not as silly as you thinking Lopez is better than TT, though.

Eh.

Lopez and TT are a wash.

One is an offensive role player, the other is a defensive role player.

Regardless of who is better, they aren't tilting any matchup.

What is truly hilarious is that Wiggy thinks Korver is better than Lopez. Please find 1 non-delusional Cleveland homer who agrees with that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is all pointless

When Milwaukee gets to the Finals and takes 2 games from GS, that will be your proof.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BAHAHAHAH

oh yah....Lopez was turning down big time offers all over the place before taking 3 million bucks. :lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAHAHAHAH

oh yah....Lopez was turning down big time offers all over the place before taking 3 million bucks. :lol:

I don't know how many other offers he may have had. But a 10 year vet who has made more than $100 million dollars in his career may be more interested in a chance at a title than in money.