• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone like to dog Cleveland's upper management as a way to validate LeBron...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least we know who you are.

You are (Argue every possible minute detail til your opponent gets sick to his stomach) guy.

And no. I don't think GS has fallen off. I just think they took LAC lightly and Curry and Klay have played as poorly as they possibly can against Houston. Partially because of Houston's defense.
Yeah, me, too. Cavs probably took Indiana and Boston lightly last year, too. See how easy that is?

Argue every minute detail? You said Bucks are far better than Cavs were. And you state this as though it's fact. Far as I can tell, you are the only one who thinks Bucks are far better and beat Cavs easily.

And you aren't a fan of having your own "logic" used against you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But also you have to look at how the players fit. I didn't even mention that.

Hood, Clarkson and Hill were all inconsistent and honestly just didn't really fit into the offense (makes sense since they were acquired at the deadline). J.R. was a shell of himself. Korver never seemed to step up in big games, he went cold. If you factor in all that from last year you can see why the Cavs struggled so much. The experience definitely helped but it was really just Lebron being Lebron. I would still take this Milwaukee core, they are much more athletic, younger, more shooters and Middleton is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. He would be a perfect fit next to Lebron too imo
Again, all fair points. Not completely disagreeing. Said it's close. Though I will say Mirotic and Lopez might find themselves useless against GS so maybe Bucks wouldn't have it so much easier. Brogdon would help, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not scoring...rebounding and hustle. Lopez is one of the worst rebounders in the NBA. The only thing you could say is he pulls TT away from the basket which is a legitimate argument. Actually that is one thing I didn't factor in.

I think the presence of Giannis makes up for a lot of the rebounding deficit.

Lopez is a bad rebounder, yes. But Milwaukee is a good rebounding team because of Giannis and the other athletes they have at the guard and wing positions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, me, too. Cavs probably took Indiana and Boston lightly last year, too. See how easy that is?

Argue every minute detail? You said Bucks are far better than Cavs were. And you state this as though it's fact. Far as I can tell, you are the only one who thinks Bucks are far better and beat Cavs easily.

And you aren't a fan of having your own "logic" used against you.

Again, post a poll. Get even 1 non Cleveland fan to agree with you.

Until then, you got nothing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have had many non-Cleveland fans in this thread...don't think any said Bucks were "far better" or "win easily".

And not sure why Cleveland fans cannot vote. A couple here said they thought Bucks would win.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lopez is a bad rebounder, yes. But Milwaukee is a good rebounding team because of Giannis and the other athletes they have at the guard and wing positions.
OK, but very possible Lopez is useless in the series. and here's a flash...just because they have others who can rebound doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer their 7-0 center not be rebound adverse.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot decide if you want to be Absolute Guy or Extreme Guy (sometimes you are both)

Pretty sure Wiggy has cornered the market on both. Hence his current residence on Mars and only having one ball. :D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Wiggy has cornered the market on both. Hence his current residence on Mars and only having one ball. :D
hey give me credit for not being the dumb fuck that thinks Brook Lopez would be the 7th best guy on last year's cavs and this years bucks. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey give me credit for not being the dumb fuck that thinks Brook Lopez would be the 7th best guy on last year's cavs and this years bucks. lol
But it's OK he cannot rebound even though he is 7-0 tall because the guards can make up for him being immobile.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would we need a poll

The Bucks are the exact same team as last year except for Brook Lopez. The Bucks last year were 1-3 against the Cavs, and the cavs beat the team the bucks lost too...so no poll is necessary....

Unless you think that same team + Brook Lopez makes them "way" better, i just can't follow your logic tbh!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, do you really want me to start listing your dumbass takes?

Lopez and TT are both role players. The problem for you is that Lopez is the 5th best starter for Milwaukee and TT was the 3rd best for Cleveland last year.

Also, given that @dtgold88 has admitted this year's Bucks are better, I would say that pretty much cements my case that Milwaukee is a lot better.

Because you and he both tend to use homer googles to inflate the value of Cavalier players by about 125% or more.

So if a Cleveland homer admits Milwaukee is better, then that is damn good evidence they are a lot better. Because if it were at all close, he would not admit that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, do you really want me to start listing your dumbass takes?

Lopez and TT are both role players. The problem for you is that Lopez is the 5th best starter for Milwaukee and TT was the 3rd best for Cleveland last year.

Also, given that @dtgold88 has admitted this year's Bucks are better, I would say that pretty much cements my case that Milwaukee is a lot better.

Because you and he both tend to use homer googles to inflate the value of Cavalier players by about 125% or more.

So if a Cleveland homer admits Milwaukee is better, then that is damn good evidence they are a lot better. Because if it were at all close, he would not admit that.
when did I say this year's Bucks are better? Pretty sure I said Cavs are better but it's close and could understand someone saying Bucks are better. Because, you know, I'm not Extreme Guy and am willing to look at both sides in a discussion. Also realize these are opinions and don't offer mine as fact.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohh no doubt, Giannis is a beast rebounder, it why Lopez fits so well, he can stay on the perimeter more often and this doesn't exploit his biggest weakness.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh no doubt, Giannis is a beast rebounder, it why Lopez fits so well, he can stay on the perimeter more often and this doesn't exploit his biggest weakness.
But I think you are talking on offense...what about defense? Not sure he could guard me on the perimeter.....and not like he's anything special in 3 point shooting.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we need a poll

The Bucks are the exact same team as last year except for Brook Lopez. The Bucks last year were 1-3 against the Cavs, and the cavs beat the team the bucks lost too...so no poll is necessary....

Unless you think that same team + Brook Lopez makes them "way" better, i just can't follow your logic tbh!

I wouldn't agree with that. They are more experienced, Giannis is much better than he was last year. Lopez is one addition, but he can now shoot the 3, something he couldn't do his entire career. They didn't have Mirotic, George Hill or Ilyasova last year as well which helps their depth A LOT and they are very good shooters, especially considering Brogdon is hurt.

Hill is averaging 12 ppg and shooting 39% from 3
Mirotic is averaging 9 ppg and shooting 38% from 3
Ilyasova is basically out there for bc he is a versatile defender and rebounding.

That is a big difference than having Snell, Jason Terry and Thon Maker on the floor like they did last year lol. Add in Jabari Parker who wasn't very good either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I think you are talking on offense...what about defense? Not sure he could guard me on the perimeter.

He isn't a great defender or a terrible defender. Average at best, he has good or elite defenders around him which makes up for it. There aren't any teams that have great or even very good defenders at the 1-5 except maybe GS.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good rim protector still. 2.2 bpg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee was the best rebounding team in the NBA with Lopez in the starting lineup, it isn't hurting them. They were also one of the best defensive teams in the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a great defender or a terrible defender. Average at best, he has good or elite defenders around him which makes up for it. There aren't any teams that have great or even very good defenders at the 1-5 except maybe GS.
I'm not even saying he isn't a solid addition for them. But no way anyone should have him ahead of TT when ranking both teams together. That's absurd.