• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone like to dog Cleveland's upper management as a way to validate LeBron...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee was the best rebounding team in the NBA with Lopez in the starting lineup, it isn't hurting them. They were also one of the best defensive teams in the NBA.
Agreed...but there is one guy you haven't even mentioned. That Lebron fellow. Guy played out of his mind last year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even saying he isn't a solid addition for them. But no way anyone should have him ahead of TT when ranking both teams together. That's absurd.

I disagree to a point. I think it depends on what a team needs.

If my team needs defense and rebounding, I want TT.

If my team needs offense, especially a big that can stretch the floor, I want Lopez.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If my team needs offense, especially a big that can stretch the floor, I want Lopez.
agreed and did make same point earlier in the discussion. But I think a good tiebreaker is if each goes on the market and everyone has same amount of cap space who gets more calls?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

problem with Lopez is against the smaller lineups i dont even know how he can stay on the floor

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed and did make same point earlier in the discussion. But I think a good tiebreaker is if each goes on the market and everyone has same amount of cap space who gets more calls?

See, that's hard to say because it still depends on what each team needs.

Example, this past season, I think the Lakers could have used Lopez more than TT because they needed perimeter shooting more than they needed defense and rebounding (at least when they were healthy and one of the better defensive teams).

However, prior to this season, when they were terrible defensively, then I would say TT because that's what he brings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with Lopez is against the smaller lineups i dont even know how he can stay on the floor

Depends on what a team has around him. He's still a solid rim protector, so there's that. But he's not getting to the perimeter and he's not defending the pick and roll effectively.

But, if you have a team that can cover that up, then he can stay on the floor as long as he's hitting his shots.

Where it becomes a problem (and maybe gives TT a slight edge) is that with TT being a better rebounder, he can extend possessions and get his team extra shots that Lopez doesn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Example, this past season, I think the Lakers could have used Lopez more than TT because they needed perimeter shooting more than they needed defense and rebounding (at least when they were healthy and one of the better defensive teams).

However, prior to this season, when they were terrible defensively, then I would say TT because that's what he brings.
Of course it depends on need, but hard to imagine TT would not get more calls. Your own team could have used him and didn't sign him...and he signed a minimum deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that is just it.

He doesn't have to.

If they play a team like Houston with PJ Tucker at 5, I would imagine you would see a lot of this:

Bledsoe, Brogdon (who is playing tonight), Connaughton/Brown, Middleton and Giannis.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even saying he isn't a solid addition for them. But no way anyone should have him ahead of TT when ranking both teams together. That's absurd.

Like I said comparing those two players is really not fair. They are totally different players and do different things for their team. TT did it for years on the Cavs, of course he has the underhand and experience but still comparing the two or ranking the two doesn't make sense imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the dudes arguing my "far better" comment,

I have counted Brogdon all along and have made that clear. Yet, you want to claim that he "doesn't count" because he hasn't played a playoff game. Which is total BS. He played 64 games and sustained a 4-6 week injury. He was always due back in early May.

The only way he wasn't making playoff appearances was if the Bucks got swept by the Celtics. But they are far too good and deep for that to happen.

And Brogdon is the piece that takes this team from good to special. He is an elite perimeter defender and a super efficient offensive role player who can do a bit of everything.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TT did have the same problem, especially vs GS. It's the reason why for the most of times against GS we didn't see him play much, especially when GS got KD.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it. He helps us a little, I think.

It's the reason why I said it would be so close even though I think overall the Bucks have the edge in a number of categories: rebounding, defense and outside shooting

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, though one could argue better rebounding might help them. But either would have helped LA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is just it.

He doesn't have to.

If they play a team like Houston with PJ Tucker at 5, I would imagine you would see a lot of this:

Bledsoe, Brogdon (who is playing tonight), Connaughton/Brown, Middleton and Giannis.
Thanks for the Brogdon update for the FD teams. Guessing limited so wont affect my thinking.

You are showing how a team would sit Lopez to show his value?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the Brogdon update for the FD teams. Guessing limited so wont affect my thinking.

You are showing how a team would sit Lopez to show his value?

Nope.

I am showing that they are so deep they can play any style they need to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

I am showing that they are so deep they can play any style they need to.
We were comparing TT and Lopez, though, and how you seem so sure Lopez is better...and you tried to prove this by saying he could sit?

Please never change.