• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ET Resigned.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O’Brien Schofield was also resigned today for an undisclosed 1 year contact and that was the last free agent not dealt with. He is likely coming in around the league minimum so Seattle should still have over 12 million to get other deals done with.

Sweet! He had a nice year last season, hopefully even better this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin also failed to sign his tender.

All it really means for now is he didn't sign an offer sheet from anyone else either. He's ours for the 2014 season for sure.

They should still work out something with him after finishing a deal with Sherman if there is enough in the coffers to cover something, but I don't think either side has to be in a hurry. Baldwin is smart enough to know why a deal isn't done. It might motivate him to work even harder knowing the fight over him after the end of the season could give him a larger payday. I mean if they offered him something now I doubt it would be much over $3m/yr at this point. Certainly not over $4m/yr. His numbers don't warrant anything higher even if we all know he's well worth having on staff.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O’Brien Schofield was also resigned today for an undisclosed 1 year contact and that was the last free agent not dealt with. He is likely coming in around the league minimum so Seattle should still have over 12 million to get other deals done with.

His situation with the Giants is still a bit bizarre, but it's good to have him back.