• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN writer calls for Patriots banned from SB play

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A theory was pushed out that balls inflated in a sauna could do that trick. But I hate to say it but it still sounds like tampering.

There are many variables that could cause the loss of pressure. Sauna just being one of them. I wouldn't call it tampering if it's within the rules and used to your advantage. Similar to the ineligible/eligible receivers. It's not against the rules it was to the Pats advantage. So the league will probably change the that rule this off season because BB exploited a loop hole. Same goes with the football pressure. IF the Pats used a sauna, or empty balled filling it rapidly with hot air just prior to sending to the officials. All the well knowing the pressure inside would drop. Is that cheating? Or exploiting the rules? The balls met the requirement but due to physics at half time they were under pressure?

Again I'm not here saying the Pats are clean. Just throwing out food for thought.

This should be another rule changed this year so there is no potential unfair advantage.

I stand by that if the Pats actually used a pin or some other mechanism to take air out of the ball after they were inspected and found guilty. They should be punished heavily.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Many Aaron Rodgers won with footballs to his likely. You know, the ones that got by the refs.

Rodgers stated he prefers the footballs fully inflated.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Many Aaron Rodgers won with footballs to his likely. You know, the ones that got by the refs.

Wait a minute...is it illegal to put extra air in a football like Rodgers does? If not your comment is pointless.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute...is it illegal to put extra air in a football like Rodgers does? If not your comment is pointless.

Oh, come on. This thing has been going on almost a week. We all should be experts by now. Ball must be between 12.5 and 13.5 psi. 14 is just as bad as 12.

However, oddly enough, the NFL doesn't care if the teams beat the living shit out of the game balls in any other manner. Use a cheese grater on the football? . . . cool. 12 psi? - call in the FBI!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 psi. would be easier to catch than 14 psi.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, come on. This thing has been going on almost a week. We all should be experts by now. Ball must be between 12.5 and 13.5 psi. 14 is just as bad as 12.

However, oddly enough, the NFL doesn't care if the teams beat the living shit out of the game balls in any other manner. Use a cheese grater on the football? . . . cool. 12 psi? - call in the FBI!

So you won't answer my question huh? Fair enough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosie ODonnell and people in the View think the Patriots should be disqualified too.

Rosie is just pissed she didn't make the cut as an O-Lineman.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all George Bush's fault !!

ohno.gif

Oh yes I did!

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you won't answer my question huh? Fair enough.

Really? You couldn't figure out the answer from my post. I can't type any slower than this. If Rodgers put air in the ball so that it goes over 13.5 psi, it's illegal.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many variables that could cause the loss of pressure. Sauna just being one of them. I wouldn't call it tampering if it's within the rules and used to your advantage. Similar to the ineligible/eligible receivers. It's not against the rules it was to the Pats advantage. So the league will probably change the that rule this off season because BB exploited a loop hole. Same goes with the football pressure. IF the Pats used a sauna, or empty balled filling it rapidly with hot air just prior to sending to the officials. All the well knowing the pressure inside would drop. Is that cheating? Or exploiting the rules? The balls met the requirement but due to physics at half time they were under pressure?

Again I'm not here saying the Pats are clean. Just throwing out food for thought.

This should be another rule changed this year so there is no potential unfair advantage.

I stand by that if the Pats actually used a pin or some other mechanism to take air out of the ball after they were inspected and found guilty. They should be punished heavily.

So if the Pats purposely filled the balls with hot air, or in sauna, or whatever, fully knowing the balls would lose pressure and be below the league specified amount, how is that any different than letting out the air with a needle? Either way they are knowingly tampering with the ball. They are just doing it in a different way. Actually it might even be worse because that would show a whole other level of deception and would show how much further they'd be willing to go to thwart the rules. A ball boy taking some air out with a needle would be far more believable and far less conniving in my opinion.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then its official. Seattle repeats as SB champs. This will save me a ton of stress next Sunday.

Don't bet on it. The NFL won't make any ruling until after the Super Bowl.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You couldn't figure out the answer from my post. I can't type any slower than this. If Rodgers put air in the ball so that it goes over 13.5 psi, it's illegal.

What a stupid statement. :lame:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. I want Seattle to play the Pats at full strength. SB would be tainted with Brady or Bellichick suspended in my opinion.

Now you want them to play but in your last post you wanted the Seahawks to be awarded the SB Championship. You can't have it both ways.