• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Say "NO" to Texans

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans fired their GM last week and have been quietly tip toeing around Foxborough, MA looking to fill the position with Patriots' personnel, primarily Nick Caserio. They got caught and formerly asked the Patriots if they could interview caserioto fill their open GM position.

The Patriots said "NO".

The Texans are pissed off and have complained to Roger Goodell that Caserio is Director of Player Personnel and not at the GM level and that the league allows anyone to interview for a higher position, yada yada yada.............

Caserio is a critical part of the patriots management because he is the guy who does all of the leg work for the Patriots draft and helps BB make free agent decisions. If the Patriots want to put an end to this, they can promote Caserio to a VP position and end the drama. The problem then becomes a title game and the Texans could offer him a position of President of Team Operations or some other BS title.

Texans appear to be getting ready for an all out war and Patriots are waiting for the league to say something. Big problem for the league is that they historically have not allowed executive moves after the draft because teams are all struggling with excessive rosters and personnel decisions.

Firing a team GM after the draft doesn't look good for any team because it appears that they trusted him enough to make critical personnel decisions for the biggest event outside the Super Bowl yet dump him after the hard work is done.

If I was Kraft, I'd promote Caserio to VP of Team Operations and stay away from "personnel" titles and pay him twice what he's making now. I'd warm Goodell that this annual theft of Patriots staff has got to cease.

This is going to get nasty because the Texans have pretty much built their team using Patriots coaches, players and executive staff. They apparently have no idea how to do anything on their own.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans fired their GM last week and have been quietly tip toeing around Foxborough, MA looking to fill the position with Patriots' personnel, primarily Nick Caserio. They got caught and formerly asked the Patriots if they could interview caserioto fill their open GM position.

The Patriots said "NO".

The Texans are pissed off and have complained to Roger Goodell that Caserio is Director of Player Personnel and not at the GM level and that the league allows anyone to interview for a higher position, yada yada yada.............

Caserio is a critical part of the patriots management because he is the guy who does all of the leg work for the Patriots draft and helps BB make free agent decisions. If the Patriots want to put an end to this, they can promote Caserio to a VP position and end the drama. The problem then becomes a title game and the Texans could offer him a position of President of Team Operations or some other BS title.

Texans appear to be getting ready for an all out war and Patriots are waiting for the league to say something. Big problem for the league is that they historically have not allowed executive moves after the draft because teams are all struggling with excessive rosters and personnel decisions.

Firing a team GM after the draft doesn't look good for any team because it appears that they trusted him enough to make critical personnel decisions for the biggest event outside the Super Bowl yet dump him after the hard work is done.

If I was Kraft, I'd promote Caserio to VP of Team Operations and stay away from "personnel" titles and pay him twice what he's making now. I'd warm Goodell that this annual theft of Patriots staff has got to cease.

This is going to get nasty because the Texans have pretty much built their team using Patriots coaches, players and executive staff. They apparently have no idea how to do anything on their own.

Question 1: Does Caserio want to leave? He seems to like NE
Question 2: Why don't the Pats sit down ask what he wants and lock him up? His salary does not count against the cap and the Pats can afford to pay this man.
Question 3: Why doesn't Kraft send a Tractor Trailer load of Kleenex to the Texans, emblazoned with the Flying Elvis on each box

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link? All reporting I’ve seen says the Pats haven’t given an answer yet.

They should just let him take the interview, with the understanding they get a chance to improve his standing with the Pats before he accepts the Texans’ offer. Far easier path than fighting it out with them and the league.

If he goes, he goes. That’s his right. He’s good, he’ll be sorely missed. It’ll take multiple people stepping up to cover for his absence. But I trust Bill to figure it out. He always does.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge discussion on Quick Slants last night.

I don't know anything about Pod Casts. Quick Slants can be seen or heard on their weekly podcast on Apple and NBC Sports. If you know how to do that stuff check it out.

And quit the "Links" bullshit. When I read things I post the URL.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link? All reporting I’ve seen says the Pats haven’t given an answer yet.

They should just let him take the interview, with the understanding they get a chance to improve his standing with the Pats before he accepts the Texans’ offer. Far easier path than fighting it out with them and the league.

If he goes, he goes. That’s his right. He’s good, he’ll be sorely missed. It’ll take multiple people stepping up to cover for his absence. But I trust Bill to figure it out. He always does.

If it was Feb / March, I would agree with you. The 2019 season has begun. The Texans can go fuck themselves. Try again next year.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question 2: Why don't the Pats sit down ask what he wants and lock him up? His salary does not count against the cap and the Pats can afford to pay this man.
Question 3: Why doesn't Kraft send a Tractor Trailer load of Kleenex to the Texans, emblazoned with the Flying Elvis on each box

They should send them paper mache copies of the latest Champion ship ring to all Texan execs too.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

It all hinges on question 1.
If he wants to stay, give him a raise and tell the Texans to take a suck pill.
If he wants to go, there's the door.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Send the Texans a box of condoms, all labeled "small"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft doing him a solid. Not sure why this changes anything to do with the tampering?