• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN bias as usual

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is bias, then what about the fact that all of these sources wrote that Stave "attempted" to take a knee? Does Arizona State own these guys?
Because at the time of the knee taking, it wasn't that obvious that he took a knee. Many people thought that. Now, if they continued to say he didn't take a knee later, when it was proven that he did, then they would be obviously wrong. But, and I get that you will never agree with this, the fact that he stumbled, and it appeared initially that he didn't take the knee, added to the confusion is a fair part of the discussion in the Whisky/ASU game.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LHN requires ESPN to pump sunshine about Texas 24/7.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
You need to send that memo to Pollack and the Bachelor

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question is, which was the more blown call? Wisky/ASU or ISU/Texas?

Keep in mind I'm an extreme homer, and I would say the Wisconsin call. To not take control of the situation is inexcusable in my opinion. Ruling forward progress stopped, while that's a rough call, it's at least within the flow of the football game. Again, I am a Badger homer, so take it for what it's worth.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bias extends to the entire SEC + texas

but not to USC...or Ohio St or Notre Dame...or any other team that doesn't support your argument...got it!

BTW...Apparently ESPiN didn't read you memo...since I just watched 25 minutes of discussion on the fumble call on CFB Live....not to mention watching it ad nauseum on sportscenter into the wee hours this morning.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not in this blown call? argument, as all the points have been made, but the above statement really is not true, imo.

Being a Texas fan/ex, I've actually noticed that over the 2+ years of LHN, ESPN actually talks LESS about Texas than they did before LHN. I've guessed that they think since Texas fans have LHN, they don't need to really cover them. I only really noticed because I couldn't get LHN until about a month ago, when TWC finally made a deal, and it kind of pissed me off that they never showed their highlights like they do other teams.

Just my opinion.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question is, which was the more blown call? Wisky/ASU or ISU/Texas?

I didn't think either was a blown call:

Whisky should have taken a knee correctly and it wouldn't have looked like a fumble.

Forward progress was obviously stopped for Texas so it wasn't a fumble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it was that bad a blown call.

His forward progress was clearly stopped. The play was over. A guy stripped the ball out, it's not like he put it on the turf. The refs felt the play was over, and called it dead.

I could see if he had clearly dropped the ball or something, but a strip is a judgement call for the refs. It's not cut and dry.

That said, I really wish Texas would have lost. Losing this game, then getting a beatdown next week would GUARANTEE Mack Brown gets the boot.

a blown call is a blown call, plz.

If it is any consolation, the 2nd fumble, was recovered by Texas. However, the 1st fumble, was a fumble and ISU should have gotten the ball, ergo, no 2nd fumble.

Texas won the game.

Mack acted like he won the NC.

Texas is still a train wreck....

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a blown call is a blown call, plz.

If it is any consolation, the 2nd fumble, was recovered by Texas. However, the 1st fumble, was a fumble and ISU should have gotten the ball, ergo, no 2nd fumble.

Texas won the game.

Mack acted like he won the NC.

Texas is still a train wreck....

Actually Wheat: I've been saying for 2 days that it was likely a fumble, but too close to overturn. I was wrong as are you.

Somebody created a paul Rhodes blow up thread. It has the video on it. Watch and pause it at both 4-5 seconds, and again at 32-33 seconds. Believe it or not, it actually shows Gray's right leg/hip down, and then the strip. It was the right call. And at the very very very least - after watching that definitely too close to overturn.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a blown call, but it wasn't that bad really. If I were an Iowa St fan, I'd be pissed about it, but at the same time I'd have to realize they were on the goalline for a reason. The PI and other calls I thought were legit. One even went against Texas.

I wonder if you would feel the same if the scenerio was last years SECCG and the refs blew a call on Georgia's last drive and that allowed them to score (and win the game) instead of a turnover.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically ESPN is in the wrong again, this time for being the lone wolf to talk about the game first then the controversy at the end later instead of being like the others and going strait to the controversy? This just seems like dumping on ESPN just because.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

It is always funny how fans point to one bad call or missed opportunity... but the game is 60-90 plays for each team... what about the other 20 times you screwed up?

Although the last big play always sticks with us... games are won or lost over the full 60 mins.

Yes, there are always plenty of plays that can lead to winning or losing a game and yes the players PIs were also a big problem but I think there is a big difference between players, especially college players making mistakes and refs making bad calls that directly lead to a team losing. At the end of the day, the whistle hadn't blown so it should have been ISU's ball but I can see why the refs would say his momentum had been stopped so while it's sucks yak balls for the Cyclones it's not egregious IMO.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish people would watch the video and do a close up pause before just jumping to conclusion that it was even a blown call. But of course it is more fun to hear the word controversy and just assume it was blown. Kinda like all the Nancy Grace enthusiasts.