• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Enjoy it while You can...BAMA IS LOADED next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely have been, though. Our average final ranking has been 4.5, beaten only by Clemson and Alabama. 3rd best record, 3rd best average end of season ranking. 3rd best team of the last 4 years. It is what it is.

You think you’ve been better than Oklahoma? Why, because they’ve went to the CFP and lost?

If it were pre-CFP — I’d agree wholeheartedly with you. With the CFP — The top teams play in it. OSU has been there once in 4 years and lost 31-0.

Using the W/L logic — UCF is the best team in the country the last two years as they only have 1 loss.

But if that is how you try to justify not being considered a top 4 team, 3 out of 4 years and losing 31-0 the year you were let in. So be it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think you’ve been better than Oklahoma? Why, because they’ve went to the CFP and lost?

If it were pre-CFP — I’d agree wholeheartedly with you. With the CFP — The top teams play in it. OSU has been there once in 4 years and lost 31-0.

Using the W/L logic — UCF is the best team in the country the last two years as they only have 1 loss.

But if that is how you try to justify not being considered a top 4 team, 3 out of 4 years and losing 31-0 the year you were let in. So be it.
OSU has played in a much better conference, and have the same amount of CFP wins along with having a better record and better average end of year ranking, among also having more top 10 wins, and more ranked wins overall. They're only behind Bama and Clemson, fact.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has been right there with Bama the last four years in losing talent to the NFL. Hell they had to basically replace their entire secondary twice. That's what separated Clemson this year was getting several key guys to stay. Huge pro for Swinney.
I sure feel sorry for Bama and Ohio State. Being able to recruit football players good enough to leave early for the NFL is a real burden to bear. Oh the agony of it all. My heart bleeds for such teams.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure feel sorry for Bama and Ohio State. Being able to recruit football players good enough to leave early for the NFL is a real burden to bear. Oh the agony of it all. My heart bleeds for such teams.

That wasn't the point of my post lol. Signal said no one has lost as much early to the pros as Bama. I wasn't saying it isn't a good problem to have. That means you have a lot of NFL ready talent.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 teams in the CFP. In 4 years, OSU made it once and lost 31-0.

So you may have the 3rd best record, but you definitely haven’t been the 3rd best team.

We definitely have been, though. Our average final ranking has been 4.5, beaten only by Clemson and Alabama. 3rd best record, 3rd best average end of season ranking. 3rd best team of the last 4 years. It is what it is.
Well then. The CFP Committee did not select the best four teams the past two years then did they? If they had, Ohio State would have been in both playoffs. Shame on them.

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is huge. Recruiting is one of the biggest keys to success on the football field, but there are so many more latent elements. Talent is only one of many factors, plus you are talking about humans. Variable, as we know! :pound:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is huge. Recruiting is one of the biggest keys to success on the football field, but there are so many more latent elements. Talent is only one of many factors, plus you are talking about humans. Variable, as we know! :pound:
At least in regards to making the CFP, I'd have to say that recruiting is "THE biggest key". While those latent elements you refer to are also necessary, teams having those latent talents WITHOUT the talented recruits ain't making the CFP with any regularity. At least we haven't seen it much to date.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then. The CFP Committee did not select the best four teams the past two years then did they? If they had, Ohio State would have been in both playoffs. Shame on them.
It is an entirely subjective thing. I'd argue (and I'm not alone) that 2015 OSU was undoubtedly one of the 4 best teams in the nation, but unfortunately the season played out that they didn't make it, even though they were 11-1 and their only loss was a last second one against another playoff team. This year was another example, where they were 12-1 and would've made the playoff in multiple other seasons.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an entirely subjective thing. I'd argue (and I'm not alone) that 2015 OSU was undoubtedly one of the 4 best teams in the nation, but unfortunately the season played out that they didn't make it, even though they were 11-1 and their only loss was a last second one against another playoff team. This year was another example, where they were 12-1 and would've made the playoff in multiple other seasons.
Nooooooo, haven't you been paying attention. It has been stated ad nauseum that the CFP selection committee has been entirely OBJECTIVE every year. They have OBJECTIVELY selected the four best teams so far. They are batting 100%.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 of the past 4 years. Actually, 4 out of 4 years, because the one year they did put OSU in, they lost 31-0.

At least ND got a FG this year.

But — OSU is the third best team over the last 4 years.:L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And congrats to UCF for being the best team in CFB the last two years, with only 1 loss in that time period.:suds:

Right @Across The Field?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Trevon Diggs was our best CB and got hurt 5 games in. He is big and plays the ball real nice in the air. Would have been very useful against Clemson

Picture this

Miami florida 1983

Miami is up on Nebraska 31-24 and Nebraska just lost Heisman trophy Mike rozier to an injury. Nebraska scores a TD and decides to go for 2. What happens if Mike Rozier could play?

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least in regards to making the CFP, I'd have to say that recruiting is "THE biggest key". While those latent elements you refer to are also necessary, teams having those latent talents WITHOUT the talented recruits ain't making the CFP with any regularity. At least we haven't seen it much to date.

Haha, I wasn't talking about latent elements that improved the game, I was talking about things that hindered success. Things you have to overcome in order to succeed. That was why I mentioned the human element. THAT is always the fly in the well-planned ointment.​

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you insist on trolling? You used to be a decent poster. Now you're just desperate. Sad.

You mean, you aren’t trolling? You seriously think OSU, while not making the top 4 teams in 3 of 4 years for the CFP, and losing 31-0 in the one time they did make it — Is the third best team?!?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, you aren’t trolling? You seriously think OSU, while not making the top 4 teams in 3 of 4 years for the CFP, and losing 31-0 in the one time they did make it — Is the third best team?!?
LOL at thinking the committee unquestionably confirms the 4 best teams. Stop being so ignorant.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell would be the "3rd best team" over this 4 year span? Alabama and Clemson are the only teams with titles. Georgia is the only other team to appear in the Championship and they still have an 8-5 and 10-3 season. Oklahoma has one more playoff appearance, but zero playoff wins and worse overall record over that span. And that's with a lighter schedule.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's been only three schools in the top 5 in S&P+ every year over the last four years, and OSU is one of them. You'll never guess who the other two are.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's been only three schools in the top 5 in S&P+ every year over the last four years, and OSU is one of them. You'll never guess who the other two are.

Either way it's dumb as hell to evaluate success during the CFP era without including the first season. I know why he's doing it but it would be more funny if he added some memes or something.