• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ECF Game 1 GDT NJ/NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will edit title when we find out who/where we're playing. Either way

GO DEVILLSSSSSSSS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well listen its been 18 long years in the making. sure the colorado loss in 2001 for the cup was a heartbreaker. but i cant get over that until i get over 1994....maybe it was because it was my first hockey heartbreak but its 18 years and now you get the rare chance to see it put right where it was put wrong. yeah sure the two have played before in the playoffs since but it had to be this way to get over 94.

many of us were fans in 94 and i cant be the only ones getting chills thinking about the way the schedule fell game 6 at home may 25th exact same date for game 6 at the meadowlands. its almost too perfect....i cant take another 94 i just cant

if marty and lou honestly feel the way they claim they do towards the rangers then its gotta be more then just another series to them...lets hope marty plays that way and lets the newer guys what it means to the fans.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
callahan_dubinsky_hump.png

What a fag

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well listen its been 18 long years in the making. sure the colorado loss in 2001 for the cup was a heartbreaker. but i cant get over that until i get over 1994....maybe it was because it was my first hockey heartbreak but its 18 years and now you get the rare chance to see it put right where it was put wrong. yeah sure the two have played before in the playoffs since but it had to be this way to get over 94.

many of us were fans in 94 and i cant be the only ones getting chills thinking about the way the schedule fell game 6 at home may 25th exact same date for game 6 at the meadowlands. its almost too perfect....i cant take another 94 i just cant

if marty and lou honestly feel the way they claim they do towards the rangers then its gotta be more then just another series to them...lets hope marty plays that way and lets the newer guys what it means to the fans.

Agreed Cup,

94 was the most painfull thing I think I have ever seen (with the canes win a close second). We need to erase this. And while I was not happy that the rags won tonight and will be in the ECF, it is what it is. This will show what kind of team and coach we have. I hope the rest did them good and hope that the rags run out of gas. If we can play the discipline hockey we showed in the cryers games, I like our chances. But the rangers always play us tough and as we saw tonight, queen henry can steal games like he does against us. I just hope we keep everything in check and dont give in to there BS play style. There defense is great at blocking shots, we are gonne need our stars to shine.....

This is what its all about.... if you want to win the cup and be called a champion, then you have to beat teams like this...

LETS GO DEVILS!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!! 8/16!!!!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carolina hurts me just as much. Probably because I was actually at that one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad guys, had I known I would've waited til game was over.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 6 years old at the time of the 94 series against the Rangers. Actually didn't get into Devils hockey, or hockey in general, until late 2003 (Them winning the cup that year sold me as a fan for life), so I guess I don't have the same emotional connection as those that were fans in 94. So, to me this about now. This team is very special this year, and beating the Rangers to get to the Stanley Cup Finals would be awesome.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dabbs pray you dont have to go through what we did in 94.

i think this devils team is most talented team since 2001...stars have to shine for the devils cant even take one game off. my brother never thinks the 1st game is important i disagree devils have to take game 1. its not really all about talent now its just about emotion lose that first game and its just going to grow and grow and the perssure is going to build. take the 1st game and you have house money for game 2.

get yourself into a position to seal it at home game 6

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 6 years old at the time of the 94 series against the Rangers. Actually didn't get into Devils hockey, or hockey in general, until late 2003 (Them winning the cup that year sold me as a fan for life), so I guess I don't have the same emotional connection as those that were fans in 94. So, to me this about now. This team is very special this year, and beating the Rangers to get to the Stanley Cup Finals would be awesome.

Actually, 94 happened a year before I became a fan. I truthfully became a fan during the 95 playoffs as part of a bet with my uncle who was rooting for Detroit. Ironically I was rooting against us against Philly in the ECF because I was born in philly so I was rooting for the flyers. After we won it, i stayed with us and ain't left since. I learned of 94 from watching game 6 on ESPN classic (was called classic sports network back then) the next year but from my experience 97 is what made me hate the Rags because it was the first time I had experienced them knocking us out. So for all of you it's about 94, for me it's about the hatred and 1997 you say Adam Graves to my face and I want to slug you LOL.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fire & Ice - Parise: “Getting some pucks by Lundqvist” will be Devils’ biggest challenge vs. Rangers

“We just have to play the way we were playing in the second round and if we’re going to forecheck the same way, it doesn’t matter who we’re going to play against,” Ilya Kovalchuk said.

i like his confidence...hes been spot on so far from what he said right before the playoffs began. hopefully he realizes you dont get this far very often.

Good lord, I hope he's healed. We're going to need him badly this series.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some major thoughts after watching all the highlights:

In the first two games the Rangers didn’t have a single goal that wasn’t terrible coverage by the Devils.

Kurtis Foster was a nightmare.

Lund is total butterfly. We need to be putting shots off the pads to make him scramble for rebounds or over the shoulder, no where else.

Marty looked terrible in the first two games.

Parise Henrique Kovalchuk line out there for a lot of goals against or it seemed that way.

Rangers seem to be at their weakest when scrambling in their own end. Need to make that happen as often as possible.

Enforcers should't be necessary. Total liability.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to say if the regular season matchups mean anything in this series. The line brawls etc. won't have any place in this series. Who knows what Dubinsky's status is but he was one of the key instigators that got into our heads. We have to hope the back to back 7 game series (plus 3 OT) take their toll on the Rangers. I don't think they are better than us, however they will make us pay if we screw up. So we can't have any of the anemic PP's we've experienced, cannot allow them to score SH goals, stay out of the box, don't get caught pinching, just be smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.