• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles vs Bucs

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At the end of the game, Philly knelt from a shot gun because of Schiano's history of attacking the victory formation.

Is this the way to go about "defeating" that "defense?"

Part of me wants to see our OL fire off and flatten the TB DL in victory as if we were running a QB sneak or dive. But then, it isn't the Bucs' DL fault their HC is an asshole, and I'd hate to see one of them get hurt because of it.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the game, Philly knelt from a shot gun because of Schiano's history of attacking the victory formation.

Is this the way to go about "defeating" that "defense?"

Part of me wants to see our OL fire off and flatten the TB DL in victory as if we were running a QB sneak or dive. But then, it isn't the Bucs' DL fault their HC is an asshole, and I'd hate to see one of them get hurt because of it.

No need to worry about this since Schiano will probably be fired by week 15

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No need to worry about this since Schiano will probably be fired by week 15

I saw an interesting take on why not to fire him until after the season:

1. It will hamper Glennon's development to change midseason considerably more than to do it in January.
2. The assistant coaches will start looking for other jobs.

My thoughts here:
It isn't as if they can turn their season around and make the playoffs. Firing him mid-season doesn't do a lot of good (I said the same thing about Nolan and Singletary at the time). The NFL season is too short to justify in-season firings. It works in the NHL, NBA and MLB because their are so many games. At this point though, for TB, they're 0-5. How many wins will it take to win a WC in the NFC (I'm assuming they can't catch NO for the division)? What's the bottom end of "reasonable" for us? Say 10 wins (this is based on not getting our PUP guys back until the last possible moment). Who gets the other WC? Presumably someone from the NFC North that doesn't wear purple. So, out of GB, Chicago and Detroit how many wins does the 2nd place team end up with? I would say 10, but let's say 9 just for shits and giggles.

That means TB needs 9 wins (let's assume they win a tie break) in a best case scenario. They're 0-5 right now. What are the odds they go 9-2? Looking at their schedule:

@ Atlanta
vs Carolina
@ Seattle
vs Miami
vs Atlanta
@ Detroit
@ Carolina
vs Buffalo
vs San Francisco
@ St Louis
@ New Orleans

That's a ridiculously hard schedule. There are only 3 teams on that list under 0.500 (Atlanta, Carolina and Buffalo) and none of them are necessarily "bad" teams. They'd need to go 9-2 to have a chance at making the playoffs. Is there any way they get through that schedule only losing 2 games? What are the two hardest games on their schedule? Probably @ Seattle and @ New Orleans. How many games would they be favoured in (or even slight underdogs)? I would say the game against Buffalo and MAYBE the home game vs Atlanta in week 11 (depending on what Atlanta does over the next 5 weeks).

So there really doesn't seem to be a lot of point in firing Schiano to try to turn the season around.

The one caveat I will offer is that if it is revealed that Schiano is the link about Freeman's place in the drug program, then he has to go.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading about how Schiano treated NFL scouts during his tenure at Rutgers, I have no idea how he was ever offered a job in the NFL (even with Belicheck as a buddy). Schiano is a piece of shit. The victory formation may suck, but its been said countless times that the NFL is a brotherhood, and it just isn't kosher to act like a bitch the way Schiano does. The worst part is he hides behind his players by saying that attacking the v-formation is THEIR fault.

I'm honestly surprised Josh Freeman didn't pull a Trent Williams and sock Schiano in his mouf.