• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles V.S Jags

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Has the league figured out the Eagles gimmick offense? I knew the Eagles defense was suspect, but the offense looks horrible thus far. A lot of time to go, but if this continues, how long until we see Sanchez?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe about 20 minutes at this rate.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of football left to go, but it's obvious Philly didn't come into this one ready to go. Sometimes the other team wants to win too.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had Jacksonville going 10-6 and making the playoffs for a while. I think the oline and defense are good enough to carry them through a very weak schedule.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God Foles is terrible.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew - Eagles 34 - Jaguars 17.
34 unanswered points after playing like crap in the first half.
Some O-line injuries though.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you don't come back Scooby. 1 bad 1/2 and now its a gimmick. You know nothing about football. They are the #1 run team in the NFL that runs the spread like other teams. The Patriots have run the spread for years. There nothing gimmicky about a team that runs the ball down your throat. They looked bad the first half but how come no mention of an incredible 34 points in one 1/2?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you don't come back Scooby. 1 bad 1/2 and now its a gimmick. You know nothing about football. They are the #1 run team in the NFL that runs the spread like other teams. The Patriots have run the spread for years. There nothing gimmicky about a team that runs the ball down your throat. They looked bad the first half but how come no mention of an incredible 34 points in one 1/2?

It was a gimmick in college, it was a gimmick last year, and it's a gimmick this year. Heck, they were calling it a gimmick offense on the NFL network. I guess they don't know anything about football either. Remember, just because it is a gimmick, doesn't mean it won't work.

BTW - you know nothing about football if you think the patriots run the same kind of offense. The Eagles aren't JUST running the spread.

Did you even read my post? Aside from the gimmick point, all I said was the offense looked horrible thus far (it was before halftime) And, if the offense continued to play that way, how long would it be until we saw Sanchez? Nothing I said was inaccurate or wrong. You expect me to come back and say "boy the Eagles looked great in the second half" because they played the way they should've played against the jags.

Next time I'll be sure not to say anything about a team until the game is complete. I don't want to upset sensitive guys like yourself.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at calling out scooby when the thread on the eagles board was saying FAR worse things... of course until the come back. You had Eagles fans all but calling the entire season a bust... all in the first half of the first game. :L Every fan gets it. Who doesn't get frustrated watching their team self destruct play after play. Just find it ironic for anyone to call out others for doing the same thing.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at calling out scooby when the thread on the eagles board was saying FAR worse things... of course until the come back. You had Eagles fans all but calling the entire season a bust.
.. all in the first half of the first game. :L Every fan gets it. Who doesn't get frustrated watching their team self destruct play after play. Just find it ironic for anyone to call out others for doing the same thing.

Now easy, some of us eagle fans weren't ready to burn the town down...

I loved some of those comments from the tools cashing in the season already,:L frickn idiots....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now easy, some of us eagle fans weren't ready to burn the town down...

I loved some of those comments from the tools cashing in the season already,:L frickn idiots....

Every game is an emotional roller coaster. I left my post after the first half out of utter disbelief that the Jags were just taking it to the Eagles. Then the second half rolls around and the Eagles decided to show up. Heck, the Brown almost pulled off a crazy comeback against the Steelers.

I think mid game posts are the most entertaining because of all the emotion involved.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game is an emotional roller coaster. I left my post after the first half out of utter disbelief that the Jags were just taking it to the Eagles. Then the second half rolls around and the Eagles decided to show up. Heck, the Brown almost pulled off a crazy comeback against the Steelers.

I think mid game posts are the most entertaining because of all the emotion involved.

:lol: I know, it was funny some of the newb eagle fans were ready to riot then they come back and win, it's a roller coaster just like you said, though for the record, I did say at half time the Birds would come back and win 28-20, :whistle: just a little off

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offense works. The problem is that Foles was really off today, missed a bunch of throws.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't agree with your gimmick premise as stated, but I do understand why people would be wondering about the Eagles after that putrid half. I think that was the worst half I have ever seen the team play, and I have seen some bad Eagles teams.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just sounds soooo ridiculous when people call a team who leads the NFL in rushing a gimmick offense. The Patriots do run a very similar offense. What's the gimmick? 1. They run the rock. 2. They spread the players out to use the entire field. 3. They snap the ball quickly.

This isnt some fad and it sure aint no gimmick. Theres no goofy plays, no going for 2 point conversions, no tricks either, no sna[[ing the ball to RBs or WRs. Kelly believes in snapping the ball quickly so the D's dont have time to substitute or make any pre snap reads.

The word aint gimmick... the word is innovative. And if they keep dropping 34 points in a half and dominating on offense like last year watch the entire NFL do the same thing.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not a lot of trick plays. It is not really a gimmick.

They run a very vanilla basic simple offense.

They just run plays very fast. They call simple plays with tempo.

At its core, it is nothing more than simple running plays over and over...with play action hitters once and a while.

It might be the LEAST GIMMICKY offense in the league.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have done pretty well with the hurry up, but I hate the pressure it puts on your defense if your offense fails... Not a fan of that strategy...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Eagles fans get so defensive if someone calls it a gimmick offense. Who cares what you call it if it works. It reminds me of the Phoenix Suns with their 12 seconds or less offense. They would stack up wins in the regular season and lose when it counted. Or if you want to use a football comparison, it's kind of like the old Houston Oilers run and shoot offense. It worked great in the regular season but they never did shit in the playoffs when it counted. I'm not saying that will happen to the Eagles, but their whole offensive approach is gimmicky.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Eagles fans get so defensive if someone calls it a gimmick offense. Who cares what you call it if it works. It reminds me of the Phoenix Suns with their 12 seconds or less offense. They would stack up wins in the regular season and lose when it counted. Or if you want to use a football comparison, it's kind of like the old Houston Oilers run and shoot offense. It worked great in the regular season but they never did shit in the playoffs when it counted. I'm not saying that will happen to the Eagles, but their whole offensive approach is gimmicky.

The Suns ran the fast break offense cause they had players who could run like the Lakers of the 80s who won titles.

The Run and Shoot was the introduction of the spread offense that has helped the Patriots make the finals twice since using it.

The Eagles use the spread. And went fron 4 and 12 to the playoffs. Gimmick hints at medicracy and that no one else uses it. I need you to explain how running the ball down teams throats and having your players spread out wide is a gimmick. There was a list of successful teams that snaps the ball quicker then Philly did last year... one being the Patriots. Nothing gimmicky about it. You are being condescending.