• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Trade for Titans Safety Kevin Byard

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie made a lot of mistakes, but it is fascinating that Jeff Lurie kept him around long enough for him to grow into the job and become a good GM. He's now arguably the best in the game. There is a lesson there for owners in having continuity and stability. The Steelers have been great at this over the decades and perhaps not coincidentally have been a consistently winning franchise. It all starts with ownership.
This is a big move for Philly IMO. Howie is overrated when it comes to the cap but incredibly underrated with his trades. I've said for years he is by a mile the best trading GM in the NFL (and his drafting seems to be much better lately as well). I'm sure there are many trades that have backfired but he just seems to get the better of trades over and over and over. He brings guys in for below market value and somehow gets more for his guys than they seem to be worth. He also has the balls to make moves and "go for it" and doesn't fall in love with his own players. You just can't be overly loyal and run a professional sports team. There is always another option that may make you better. I bet he trades one of those RBs they hardly use for a pick before the deadline.