• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Security

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't throw a punch like that. Pussy ass bitch missed, but had intent.

I know. Greenlaw could've killed the guy had he connected.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole thing was staged. I can't believe you clowns fell for it. The security guy is second cousins with Steve Wilkos. Connect the fucking dots.

From Jerry Springer? That's pretty awesome.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat Dom being autistic doesn't excuse his behavior

I'm pretty sure it does. If not, being the Eagles Director of Donuts should get him off.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fightin’ is referring to Dom. He doesn’t think Dom should have been punished in any way, while Greenlaw was appropriately ejected.
You’re a liar. Go read my first post in this thread.
That is about the clownest take I have seen anywhere, outside of local Philly media.
All you need to do is look in the mirror and you’ll find the clown, bozo. You’ve been wrong with every characterization in this thread.

Let the record show that after a 42-17 beat down here you are crying over nonsense. Greenlaw and Dom were on the concourse after the game shaking hands and laughing about the incident. You won and you’re still crying. Bad look.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that the flag in Greenlaw was unwarranted. I thought it was a dirty hit. Differing opinions.

While he did pick him up and toss him, when I watch I don't see him slammed down forcefully.

When Mahomes got smacked on the sidelines later in the day that too should have been a legal hit.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I shouldn't be surprised how the lines are drawn in this debate, Eagles fans and SF rival fans on one side, SF fans and Eagle rival fans on the other.

Honestly, nothing to see here, it's over

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole thing was staged. I can't believe you clowns fell for it. The security guy is second cousins with Steve Wilkos. Connect the fucking dots.
I am pretty sure that entire exchanged was filmed in a studio on Wednesday or Thursday.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dom shouldn’t have been there to start with in order to be “hit”. He was an outside influence that never should have entered into the equation. And moving forward, the NFL needs to address who has access to “active” zones during a game.
Hes the head of security and has a place on the sideline. The Eagles have had a person in this position since the early 90s and there has never been an incident until Dom instinctively stepped in to break up a fight.

What did he do?

He stepped in to break up a fight. That’s why people are up in arms and clutching pearls. After a dirty player was flagged for his personal foul, he is beefing still with the player he body slammed. Dom stepped in and cleaned it up.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure that entire exchanged was filmed in a studio on Wednesday or Thursday.

Wow, 3D holograms came a long way to get all the fans in the stands to fall for it

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat Dom being autistic doesn't excuse his behavior
One of Jeffrey Lurie’s kids is autistic. It’s the major charity that the Eagles organization has chosen to be engaged with. Dom isn’t autistic.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes the head of security and has a place on the sideline. The Eagles have had a person in this position since the early 90s and there has never been an incident until Dom instinctively stepped in to break up a fight.

What did he do?

He stepped in to break up a fight. That’s why people are up in arms and clutching pearls. After a dirty player was flagged for his personal foul, he is beefing still with the player he body slammed. Dom stepped in and cleaned it up.
Not a security situation. That is a football situation.

And I agree that he has been there forever (since ‘89, I believe). And that other teams have a similar person in a similar position. But that is wrong. The sidelines should already be a secure area that doesn’t require team-paid security.

If the league feels security is needed in that area, it should be league-supplied, not team-supplied.

Again, what is to stop a team from having an instigator there to start an issue with the opposing team’s players? in this situation, one team lost an all-pro linebacker while the other team lost the bellhop. While the bellhop instigated the exchange.

This needs to be addressed by the league moving forward.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that both Greenlaw and the nobody Eagles staff member should've been thrown out of the game. Gotta start there.

I think the initial hit by Greenlaw was legal. The Eagle was still on the field of play and Greenlaw was throwing him out of bounds. That shouldn't have been flagged imo. No whistles was blown yet and the player was in the field of play, so no flag.

OTOH, when the Eagles staff member gets between the two players and puts his hand on Greenlaw's chest (WTF), that should've been a flag on Philly. But no flag was thrown. And the rules say that the NY NFL office can't direct a flag to be thrown (but they can direct that the staff member get thrown out). That's why the nobody staff member was thrown out but not flagged.

After the staff member put his hand on Greenlaw's chest, Greenlaw then darted out a pointing finger toward Smith behind the staff member. In doing so, Greenlaw scraped the staff member's cheek. No matter Greenlaw's intentions, That means it was right to toss Greenlaw.

This isn't complicated from my view. The initial flag on Greenlaw was wrong. The philly staff member should've been flagged and wasn't. THEN, Greenlaw should've been flagged and tossed for making contact with the staff member. And then both should've been ejected.

From here, the Eagles will almost certainly be fined and the staff member must be severely disciplined. I'll be surprised if he's allowed on the sideline for the rest of the season. In addition, Greenlaw will be fined and possible suspended for a game (as he's been fined a few times this season already).
The runner was in-bounds but in the grasp of another defender and progress was stopped. The whistle blew before the runner was thrown to the ground. Rule 8:

ARTICLE 8. UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS. There shall be no unnecessary roughness. This shall include, but will not be limited to:
(f) throwing the runner to the ground after the ball is dead;
Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.
Note: When in question about a roughness call or potentially dangerous tactics, the covering official(s) should always call unnecessary roughness.

Rule 9 is simpler:

ARTICLE 9. PLAYERS IN A DEFENSELESS POSTURE. It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture. A player who initiates contact against a defenseless opponent is responsible for avoiding an
illegal act. A standard of strict liability applies for any contact against an opponent, even if his body position is in motion, and irrespective of any acts by him, such as ducking his head or curling up his body in anticipation of contact.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are:
(5) A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped.

Even without the whistle and even inside the hashes that suplex probably warrants an ejection. Then again who knows with the way officials are calling the game these days.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on what the rules allow. By your understanding, the noncoach staff member could've attacked Greenlaw and not gotten flagged or run onto the field and tackled a player and not gotten flagged. That is obviously incorrect.

From my understanding, the NFL office are the ones who decided that the Philly staff member would be ejected (which they can do), but the rules say the NFL offices can't direct that a flag be thrown on him. That is a big difference.
I am not a lawyer. I have heard lots of pundits saying that the league had no option to flag him. If that isn’t true, so be it. For the time being, I will continue to believe that the calls on the field were appropriate given existing restrictions. But rules need to change moving forward to avoid this situation in the future.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a security situation. That is a football situation.

And I agree that he has been there forever (since ‘89, I believe). And that other teams have a similar person in a similar position. But that is wrong. The sidelines should already be a secure area that doesn’t require team-paid security.

If the league feels security is needed in that area, it should be league-supplied, not team-supplied.

Again, what is to stop a team from having an instigator there to start an issue with the opposing team’s players? in this situation, one team lost an all-pro linebacker while the other team lost the bellhop. While the bellhop instigated the exchange.
I don’t care about any of this. I care about what actually happened.
This needs to be addressed by the league moving forward.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The runner was in-bounds but in the grasp of another defender and progress was stopped. The whistle blew before the runner was thrown to the ground.
Even without the whistle and even inside the hashes that suplex probably warrants an ejection. Then again who knows with the way officials are calling the game these days.
While the ball carrier is in bounds, A defender can use whatever legal means necessary (no facemask, no horsecollar) to get him either to the ground or out of bounds. So....first, the whistle wasn't blown before Greenlaw started throwing Smith out bounds. Second, It certainly wasn't a hit out bounds, as Smith was in bounds at the time of contact. That is why I believe the first flag on Greenlaw was wrong. From my review of the tape, I don't see how that is disputable. Sure, he and the Philly staffer should've been flagged and ejected for contact on the sideline, but the first flag on Greenlaw was incorrect imo.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the ball carrier is in bounds, A defender can use whatever legal means necessary (no facemask, no horsecollar) to get him either to the ground or out of bounds. So....first, the whistle wasn't blown before Greenlaw started throwing Smith out bounds. Second, It certainly wasn't a hit out bounds, as Smith was in bounds at the time of contact. That is why I believe the first flag on Greenlaw was wrong. From my review of the tape, I don't see how that is disputable. Sure, he should've been flagged and ejected for contact on the sideline with the nobody staffer, but the first flag on him was incorrect imo.
Right or wrong the officials deemed the body slam finish to the tackle to be excessive. Earlier this season Greenlaw did the same thing to a Cowboy (maybe Prescott? I can’t recall) on the Cowboy and it wasn’t flagged. If something is excessive that’s at the discretion of the official. There can be disagreement about whether it warrants a flag but Greenlaw’s finish was indeed excessive and not needed.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a lawyer. I have heard lots of pundits saying that the league had no option to flag him. If that isn’t true, so be it. For the time being, I will continue to believe that the calls on the field were appropriate given existing restrictions. But rules need to change moving forward to avoid this situation in the future.

I am a lawyer, but I probably only know as much as you because I only have a layman's knowledge of the NFL's rules and I am just relying on what I remember hearing during the broadcast. What I remember hearing from the replay official in New York is that they can review a penalty flag in that situation, and that he would have thrown a flag on the Eagles bench if he were a game official, but that if the game official doesn't throw a flag on the Eagles bench, then they can't review the penalty flag issue and they aren't allowed to direct the game refs to throw a flag on the Eagles bench. However, in their review, they do have the authority to eject anyone from the game, which they exercised in this situation.