• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles lookin for help at trade deadline

Livewire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, I don't recall B Dawkins being a " great " cover man... Before you guys hammer me on this, I'm not comparing Goldson to Dawkins, but I'm saying Goldson IMO would fit the mold perfectly in Billy Davis system. Who knows maybe it would be Weapon X 2.0?:noidea:

Your mistaken. Dawk was a great cover man

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your mistaken. Dawk was a great cover man

I disagree. He got better in later years, mainly because he was smart. But he was never really a great coverage guy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He got better in later years, mainly because he was smart. But he was never really a great coverage guy.

You see this was what I was trying to get at with this Goldson and Dawkins comparison. Neither were great covers but both have/ had great instincts. Both are/were hard hitting safeties. Goldson IMO has that similar pedigree of what Dawkins had. Put him in a system like Billy Davis and I'm telling you guys, this could be very scary for any WR or TE to go in the middle of the field. I think he would help Jenkins.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawkins was a pretty rangy free safety coming out of Clemson guys. He was slower at the end of his career, but for much of his career he was a good, all-around safety.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawkins was a pretty rangy free safety coming out of Clemson guys. He was slower at the end of his career, but for much of his career he was a good, all-around safety.

I don't think anybody is debating that. I brought this up for the reason why I wouldn't mind having Goldson wearing an Eagles jersey. I see some similarities in him that reminds me of one of my all time Eagles players in Weapon X. I miss having a crushing fierce free safety that brings fear in opposing players. I feel Goldson may have that and furthermore, him playing in a Billy Davis defense could possibly bring him back to his days from SF.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any interest in Justin Tuck?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed a safety and this team completely blew it all offseason.

I still can't believe we didn't bring in Delmas when he was available before real free agency began. So dumb.

And there were plenty of other chances to move on from Nate Allen before we got stuck with him all year because there is only trash behind him on the depth chart too.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We managed to get one safety spot squared away in the offseason. Jenkins has been a nice addition.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolff has been a major disappointment. Too injury prone. Doesnt stand out well when he does play. They can never hide Allen for a whole game.

Rahim Moore (FA), would be a nice add next off season. McCourty is pretty good as well but may get tagged. Looks like there will be a couple of decent Safeties available next year.

Gotta get (2) starting CBs & partner at S for Jenkins. Must dos. Id sign a S & CB & then draft another CB in rd. 1 or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Watkins gets a chance at Safety. He has some potential there and at NCB.