• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles have a plan B

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-16 in his last 19 starts.
his last 21 games (19 starts)

3-16 record

defense ranked dead last

59% comp
22 TD's
9 picks

85.5 rating

724 yards rushing
6.4 per carry

sure, the comp% could use a push, but i also believe the niners led the league in drops over that period as well.

there are far worse guys playing.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is that in addition to be a massive media distraction to whatever team that would sign him, he also does nothing to improve the players around him?
/QUOTE]
no, thats not what im saying. where did you get this?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is that in addition to be a massive media distraction to whatever team that would sign him, he also does nothing to improve the players around him?

He had success with the 2nd best defense in the league? Trent Dilfer and Blake Bortles had some success with good defenses as well.
yes, as a fan of teams that win SB's quite a bit, ive seen all types of my pats teams win and lose.

defense wins. see last year.

kaep doesnt tackle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, and i keep debunking this too.

his defense was dead last. dead. last. in those 19 games. his SB year? 2nd.

his leading receiver those 19 games? jeremy kerly.

he had no line, no defense, and no talent to throw to.

"QB's win games, teams dont".
Can't debunk it, my eyes saw him play and stats don't change that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it.
I'm not against playing injured teams but I don't want them to purposely bring in drama.
If for some reason they did my advice would be hope for the best, but expect the worst. Same advice I gave myself when Dallas brought in T. O.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, thats not what im saying. where did you get this?

I'm just saying if you are going to sign a player who is going to cause as big of a distraction and media circus like Kaepernick then they better have the next level talent to justify signing them.

He did well on stacked teams but did nothing to make make bad teams better. Great QBs can have a big impact on carrying otherwise bad teams. We have seen it with Rodgers and how the Packers fall off a cliff without him. We saw it with the Colts and how that team went from contender to worst in the elwghe the year he was out and then right back to playoffs with Luck (and that all played out again over Luck's era there with his injuries and Colts missing when he has been out).

A bad team is a bad team but a truly good QB can shine a turd of a team up pretty well.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying if you are going to sign a player who is going to cause as big of a distraction and media circus like Kaepernick then they better have the next level talent to justify signing them.

He did well on stacked teams but did nothing to make make bad teams better. Great QBs can have a big impact on carrying otherwise bad teams. We have seen it with Rodgers and how the Packers fall off a cliff without him. We saw it with the Colts and how that team went from contender to worst in the elwghe the year he was out and then right back to playoffs with Luck (and that all played out again over Luck's era there with his injuries and Colts missing when he has been out).

A bad team is a bad team but a truly good QB can shine a turd of a team up pretty well.
the distraction, sure (which would be big of course). but outside of that?

he went to a super bowl. he went to a super bowl and played pretty well. he was the face of the RPO when it arrived in the nfl.

hes a freak athlete who throws a gorgeous deep ball. he should be playing, but the n again, he did this to himself.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my eyes saw a 104.6 rated QB. so did my fantasy team.
Fwiw, Rock, I do agree that Kaep wasn't aĺl bad and that the team itself took a huge nosedive but Kaep was a streaky player even when they were having the success under Harbaugh. He would look great for 3-4 games and then have 3 games that were just meh or worse. He could never read defenses all that well and would usually tuck it and run if the first read was covered. His athleticism bailed him out a lot.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the distraction, sure (which would be big of course). but outside of that?

he went to a super bowl. he went to a super bowl and played pretty well. he was the face of the RPO when it arrived in the nfl.

hes a freak athlete who throws a gorgeous deep ball. he should be playing, but the n again, he did this to himself.

He went to the Super Bowl over 6 years ago on a completely stacked team that was one overtime loss from the Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB the year prior. He hasn't played in 3 years.

He was never a great passer and what is this revisionist history about his deep ball? Kaepernick was a good athlete and below average passer at QB. The league caught up to him, as they usually do with those type of QBs, and he saw his career as a starting QB fading so he decided to cash in on trying to monetize and exploit sad and unfortunate real life events.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord another Eagles thread :L

Some of you really should think about going on medication.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, Rock, I do agree that Kaep wasn't aĺl bad and that the team itself took a huge nosedive but Kaep was a streaky player even when they were having the success under Harbaugh. He would look great for 3-4 games and then have 3 games that were just meh or worse. He could never read defenses all that well and would usually tuck it and run if the first read was covered. His athleticism bailed him out a lot.
thats fair. streaky is fair. but to say he sucked, cant play, etc is just...nonsense, as is blaming him for being 3-16.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never a great passer and what is this revisionist history about his deep ball? .

he throws a gorgeous deep ball. tight, velocity...

Colin-Kaepernick-Deep-Throw-Gif.gif

Kap_AZ_3rd_10_56.gif

then theres shit like this:

colin-kaepernick-to-vernon-davis-against-dallas-b.gif

colin-kaepernick-to-vernon-davis-against-dallas-a.gif

he had one of the nicest spirals in football. ball comes off his hand excellently.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock Kingsley......

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he throws a gorgeous deep ball. tight, velocity...

Colin-Kaepernick-Deep-Throw-Gif.gif

Kap_AZ_3rd_10_56.gif

then theres shit like this:

colin-kaepernick-to-vernon-davis-against-dallas-b.gif

colin-kaepernick-to-vernon-davis-against-dallas-a.gif

he had one of the nicest spirals in football. ball comes off his hand excellently.

Only one of those passes was a deep ball. You want to see someone that actually consistently throws a great deep ball then look at a player like Rodgers or Vick.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats fair. streaky is fair. but to say he sucked, cant play, etc is just...nonsense, as is blaming him for being 3-16.
Oh, I definitely agree on the team thing for sure. That defense went from great to a steaming pile of crap overnight. The oline wasn't as dominant as it was in the SB run and the coaching wasn't good. Basically, the whole team was bad and still hasn't recovered.