• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Free Agency & Draft 2020

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on everything except I might trade back for the right deal and depending on who is sitting there.

Yeah if the package is good to move back out of 21 and you're gain early 2nd's and 3rd's this year by all means pull the trigger.

This draft is deep with the WR's and secondary this year, plus both offensive and defensive lines. All needs for the Eagles

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want quality, not necessarily quantity. that said, the only way I trade back is I still wind up with a late 1st, and another 2nd. Fact is, the top 5 WR's are the blue chippers. I want one of those, unless we recoup what I just said.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if the package is good to move back out of 21 and you're gain early 2nd's and 3rd's this year by all means pull the trigger.

This draft is deep with the WR's and secondary this year, plus both offensive and defensive lines. All needs for the Eagles

I would be down with this!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want quality, not necessarily quantity. that said, the only way I trade back is I still wind up with a late 1st, and another 2nd. Fact is, the top 5 WR's are the blue chippers. I want one of those, unless we recoup what I just said.

No particular order :

CeeCee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Henry Ruggs
Tee Higgins
Lavisk Shenault

Are those the 5 we are talking about?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and I meant to add "LAVISKA", i left out the a at the end. He's my favorite.
Some others that some like better are :
Jalen Reagor
Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
KJ Hamler

But looking at many mock drafts, the top 5 I listed are most frequently rated. I would like to get 2 of the 9 I listed. :D

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No particular order :

CeeCee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Henry Ruggs
Tee Higgins
Lavisk Shenault

Are those the 5 we are talking about?

I personally have Brandon Aiyuk right there with that bunch. imo he's the most slept on WR in the class ... dude has solid size, great ball tracker, explosive with return ability.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally have Brandon Aiyuk right there with that bunch. imo he's the most slept on WR in the class ... dude has solid size, great ball tracker, explosive with return ability.

I got feeling that list could be change after the combine or their pro days..

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Wire has the Birds taking Higgins over Shenault, and the Bills picking Viska right after the Eagles. Yuck, I hope we don't pick Higgins. Rey likes him a lot, but I think he's so skinny, that he reminds me of Pinkston, for Pete's sake!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Wire has the Birds taking Higgins over Shenault, and the Bills picking Viska right after the Eagles. Yuck, I hope we don't pick Higgins. Rey likes him a lot, but I think he's so skinny, that he reminds me of Pinkston, for Pete's sake!
I think I'd rather roll the dice on Shenault. He reminds me of a bit of JuJu Smith Shuster. I could be up for that.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke, pass the pipe ;) Pinkston was 6'3" 167 at draft time ... Higgins is 6'4" 210 lbs (43 lb difference). I'd take your boy Shenault over Higgins though due to "potential". That kid's like TO with better hands. I still really like Higgins, but waiting on that 40 time ... if he's in the 4.6's it will hurt him, but if he's 4.55 or better he'll be in that 1st round mix.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good WR’s with speed that will be drafted outside the first round.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke that's not a fair comparison, I mean you take what Ray said above and the simple fact Higgins can catch the ball, Pinkston couldn't ! :heh:

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rather go sign Byron Jones, who is younger, keep the draft capital and give Sid Jones one more year to see if he improves with different coaching. Sidney is an outside corner who they messed around with too much trying to play him in the slot and I think it messed with his head. He's also not been very durable but I really believe there is some talent there they can still get hopefully with the new position coach, but he needs to stay healthy. I really liked him coming out of college and it's been disappointing to see him start his career the way he has.

Send bums like Douglas, Darby and Mills packing, we need more speed and athleticism on the outside. I would actually like to see McLeod come back at the right price point but the Birds also need to get younger at the position - we have zero depth at high Safety, unless they believe Avonte Maddox can start there... he did have some good reps his rookie season when he was played there out of necessity due to injuries.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some are not sold on Tee Higgins because of his lack of speed, and we need speed, but I really think this guy is going to be a real good pro receiver. Not as good as DeAndre Hopkins, but will have more impact than Sammy Watkins and Mike Williams.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On just the surface of talent I like this. And I would be just as happy with Slay as Jones.

Slay has one year left on a contract through and then would need to be extended. IIRC we would only carry his base of $10M this year. Then he would either walk as a rental or have to be resigned.

Jones might possibly be the highest paid CB this year. To hit that mark would take something a $16M average annual value to do.

A big question that comes into play here is what happens with the new CBA next year? I don’t have a solid read on what might happen, so it’s a real gray area. Then you throw in whether this team is retooling or rebuilding....do they want a possible 1 year rental or just to lock in some comfort at CB now?

Ultimately either option improves us at CB, though if I had to guess I think they would want to save the draft capital and just lock in improvement at CB now. Slay could always be a possible Plan B if Jones doesn’t come through.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move Douglas to S. Give Schwartz less input in personnel decisions. Allow Sidney another attempt to start. Dump under productive players like Darby, Mills, Curry and Peters. Resign Big V, Howard and McCleod.
Gotta nail this draft with a strong emphasis on the D and WR.
No more bullshit from the FO.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they need to go out and chase the high dollar CB's.
They could easily go out and get good corner guys that play the ball, and not the receiver, cause in reality the money was spent on the dline to get pressure on the QB!

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some are not sold on Tee Higgins because of his lack of speed, and we need speed, but I really think this guy is going to be a real good pro receiver. Not as good as DeAndre Hopkins, but will have more impact than Sammy Watkins and Mike Williams.
Good player but too injury prone for a first round pick.