• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles finally got their rb

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles drafted an injured Washington Husky. You have bad karma when you draft a Husky let alone an injured one. At least KC drafted one that got kicked off the team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary got murdered with injuries last year. Lost one of our starting safeties relatively early in the year and then basically all of our starting corners. It was a clwon car of guys going in and out throughout the year with a lot of inexperienced players being counted on. There were some major growing pains but by the end of the season and into the playoffs they started to find their footing and weren't playing like chickens with their heads cutoff.

Now the Eagles have a pretty deep group of young corners, all now with valuable playing experience that will be battling for the starting jobs. I think Maddox is a potential star in the making at CB. LeBlanc came out of nowhere off the street mid-season and became an excellent nickel corner at the end there.

Ideally I'd love to see it shakeout where you have Maddox outside and LeBlanc at nickel and then have Darby, Mills, Douglas & Jones battle it out for that final outside starting CB spot. I don't think it plays out like that though and instead there is a lot of tinkering with the CB lineup until they finally settle on a lineup a month or so into the season. But a team could certainly be in a lot worse shape at CB than the Eagles currently are.

It'll take a couple more seasons to become a solid group if these young guys pan out. My argument is the Eagles aren't there yet as the best team, and I like the Eagles. I'm a realist when it comes to both the Eagles and Seahawks. Right now I see nothing but massive red flags in the backfield that weren't addressed. Hopefully these young guys can take a step forward but I wouldn't be surprised if it got ugly back there again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't safety and free safety considered part of the backfield with the CBs? I always thought it was.
That's not what I meant to say.
Why do you guys have to over analyze everything?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"At times" certainly explains how the yearly stats put you 25th.

Whatever you do, don't allow facts or stats to cloud your homerism.

Can you explain how I’m being a homer when I said our starting CBs are bad. That is absolutely bizarre to the point I don’t even think you read the posts. I said our starting CBs suck and we lost them and 3 more after them. That’s me being a homer?

I’m puzzled at how senseless you are.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a few years to get there but now,

Darby
Douglas
Maddox
Jones
LeBlanc
Mills

There might not be a team in league deeper than the Eagles at CB.

And obviously the Eagles can win the Super Bowl even giving up 500 yards in the air. The Eagles are THAT good.

To be honest... the Eagles are deep with mediocre CBs. I do think Maddox has some ability but we need a Patrick Peterson type lead star CB.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your safeties are included in the backfield. You don't get to choose just CBs and don't use the injury excuse. Seattle was decimated with injuries 2 yrs ago and I didn't use the injury excuse.

So if Russel Wilson got hurt, then your 2nd string got hurt and then your 3rd string got hurt and you picked up some QB that was working at Kinkos started the following week and he was abysmal and we all laugh at how bad the Seahawks passing game is you wouldn’t take issue.

You’re trying to act like you know what you’re talking about and you’re literally trying to tell me Malcolm Jenkins isn’t a good Safety. OK bro you’re a genius.

And I didn’t use the injury excuse. I said from the get go our 2 starters blow too.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't safety and free safety considered part of the backfield with the CBs? I always thought it was.

They are. When this all started I said our CBs suck. You chime in with the entire backfield sucks. I said, “Actually our safeties are good” and now you’re trying to act like I don’t know safeties aren’t part of the backfield. You’re falling apart bro. But keep telling us Malcolm Jenkins isn’t a good Safety.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I meant to say.
Why do you guys have to over analyze everything?

Sick head I never brought up the backfield. He did. I started this saying our corners suck. He said the entire backfield sucks. I let him know we actually have good safeties but shitty CBs. And now you’re trying to be a colossal prick insinuating that I tried to say something different.
Only on this board can I get called a homer for saying our CBs suck and that Malcolm Jenkins is good. Why do you insist on instigating and being a dick day after day after day.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you explain how I’m being a homer when I said our starting CBs are bad. That is absolutely bizarre to the point I don’t even think you read the posts. I said our starting CBs suck and we lost them and 3 more after them. That’s me being a homer?

I’m puzzled at how senseless you are.

It's not tha hard to understand.

You constantly and consistently contradict yourself.

First you have no depth issues.

Then you whine about injuries and lack of talent to replace those injured players.

Then you have a super strong team.

Then, only after being called out your DBs sucked.

Changed shortly after to just your safties sucked.

Then you decide facts and stats don't matter.

You are a homer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick head I never brought up the backfield. He did. I started this saying our corners suck. He said the entire backfield sucks. I let him know we actually have good safeties but shitty CBs. And now you’re trying to be a colossal prick insinuating that I tried to say something different.
Only on this board can I get called a homer for saying our CBs suck and that Malcolm Jenkins is good. Why do you insist on instigating and being a dick day after day after day.

Keep flip flopping and saying stupid shit. I'll continue being a dick pointing out how foolish you are. I won't be alone. I'll have plenty of company.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll take a couple more seasons to become a solid group if these young guys pan out. My argument is the Eagles aren't there yet as the best team, and I like the Eagles. I'm a realist when it comes to both the Eagles and Seahawks. Right now I see nothing but massive red flags in the backfield that weren't addressed. Hopefully these young guys can take a step forward but I wouldn't be surprised if it got ugly back there again.

Idk I guess we will see but I don't see a better team in the NFL this season when you look at the overall roster and coaching. The Super Bowl winning 2017 team was having their way with teams and this roster on paper is better than that 2017 team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Jenkins isn’t one of the best Safeties in the NFL? He’s a stud bro. What are you talking about?

Sorry, this made me laugh. 1 int and signs of slowing down.

What would you consider a stud?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Russel Wilson got hurt, then your 2nd string got hurt and then your 3rd string got hurt and you picked up some QB that was working at Kinkos started the following week and he was abysmal and we all laugh at how bad the Seahawks passing game is you wouldn’t take issue.

You’re trying to act like you know what you’re talking about and you’re literally trying to tell me Malcolm Jenkins isn’t a good Safety. OK bro you’re a genius.

And I didn’t use the injury excuse. I said from the get go our 2 starters blow too.

First question if RW went down. No, no issues. Yeah it sucks but it's the NFL and shitty injuries happens. I take out of that is RW comes back healthy the following year and the FO has a high draft pick to work with.

Funny thing is you act like you know all yet stats are thrown your way and you always side step them. Get a fucking clue, stop being a pom pom waiving fan and realize Jenkins is no longer the stud he used to be.

How many times do you say we're down to our 6th or 7th or 8th CBs. Yeah it sucks but stop using it as an excuse.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are. When this all started I said our CBs suck. You chime in with the entire backfield sucks. I said, “Actually our safeties are good” and now you’re trying to act like I don’t know safeties aren’t part of the backfield. You’re falling apart bro. But keep telling us Malcolm Jenkins isn’t a good Safety.

I included the backfield cause everyone did suck. Yes, your beloved Jenkins did suck as well. The entire backfield gave up 4, no I think it might be 5 blown leads late in the game. Guess what, he's apart of the backfield issues. But go on and tell me how wrong I am with something more than just Malcom's a stud cause you said so.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk I guess we will see but I don't see a better team in the NFL this season when you look at the overall roster and coaching. The Super Bowl winning 2017 team was having their way with teams and this roster on paper is better than that 2017 team.

I'll take Seattle's backfield starters and depth
Seattle's LBs starters and depth
Seattle's running game and depth
RW over Wentz
Plus I'm sure there's better DCs than Jim Swartz out there

I think the Eagles are strong on both lines
Solid TEs
Good STs
Good WRs
Dougie P is a solid coach

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Liar.

nice back peddling tho, it always makes for good fun.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Seattle's backfield starters and depth
Seattle's LBs starters and depth
Seattle's running game and depth
RW over Wentz
Plus I'm sure there's better DCs than Jim Swartz out there

I think the Eagles are strong on both lines
Solid TEs
Good STs
Good WRs
Dougie P is a solid coach

There are definitely better DC's than Schwartz out there but in the postseason the Eagles defense has performed well under him. In 5 postseason games with Schwartz the Eagles have given up 20 or less points in 4 of those 5 games.

I'd take the the Eagles safeties and dline over Seattle's but LB for sure is in Seattle's favor and CB might be a bit of a toss up.

Offense I am without a doubt taking the Eagles over the Seahawks. From an on the paper standpoint the Eagles have the most talented offense in the league. I'd also put Doug as a top 4 or 5 HC in the league.

Also saying Eagles have just solid TEs is underselling that position big time. Ertz is a top 3 TE in the NFL and Goedert has all the ability and potential to be better than him. It'll just be a question of how many targets he will be able to get in a stacked offense.